Whistler MTB Park & My Wife - A Novice Rider- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    KOKOPELLI RACING
    Reputation: doubledecadefirehydrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    187

    Whistler MTB Park & My Wife - A Novice Rider

    I'm going to be making my first trip to whistler with my wife and a few of my friends. Most of us are intermediate to advanced riders; however, there are a few that are novices/beginner riders.

    I know for sure the intermediate/advanced riders will have an absolute blast.

    My question is, does Whistler have easy trails for novice/beginners? ie. easy fire roads that can be accessed with the chair lifts?

    Thanks for your input!
    kokopelli racing

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: xKREDx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,261
    Yes. Whistler has trails for riders of all skills..
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

  3. #3
    Takw/agranofsalt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,532
    Yes they do have fire roads that are chairlift accessible and all the trails are clearly marked. If your wife is a true beginner however, Blackcomb has a beginner area that is just a few minutes from whistler village.

  4. #4
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,618
    There's a lift on the lower part of Blackcomb that has short, but easy trails (only green and blue) that are perfect for your wife. If those are too easy, she can definitely ride some stuff on Whistler that will be fine as well. Also, outside of the park there are super fun trails your wife would love....particularly in the lost lake area.

    Cheers,
    eb

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mace2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    544
    I heard the magic park is closed for 2007... ?
    Or maybe it's just the lift or whatever they used.

    But either way, if you have beginners, they'll have things to ride.

  6. #6
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    There's a lift on the lower part of Blackcomb that has short, but easy trails (only green and blue) that are perfect for your wife. If those are too easy, she can definitely ride some stuff on Whistler that will be fine as well. Also, outside of the park there are super fun trails your wife would love....particularly in the lost lake area.

    Cheers,
    eb
    a few words from visiting Whistlernpro.....true dat
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    285
    Magic park will indeed be closed this year, but there was mention of some sort of bus with bike racks that will be going to the top, not sure of the details.

    http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=...ght=magic+park

  8. #8
    ride your bike
    Reputation: jubilee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,447
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledecadefirehydrant
    I'm going to be making my first trip to whistler with my wife and a few of my friends. Most of us are intermediate to advanced riders; however, there are a few that are novices/beginner riders.

    I know for sure the intermediate/advanced riders will have an absolute blast.

    My question is, does Whistler have easy trails for novice/beginners? ie. easy fire roads that can be accessed with the chair lifts?

    Thanks for your input!
    Absolutely!

    My wife was very nervous about riding a DH bike, having seen my stack of bike vids. She actually got bored after 3 green runs, and we started hitting the blues.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

  9. #9
    KOKOPELLI RACING
    Reputation: doubledecadefirehydrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    Absolutely!

    My wife was very nervous about riding a DH bike, having seen my stack of bike vids. She actually got bored after 3 green runs, and we started hitting the blues.

    Wow! That's awesome for your wife (and you!).

    Did your wife wear full armor?
    kokopelli racing

  10. #10
    ride your bike
    Reputation: jubilee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,447
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledecadefirehydrant
    Wow! That's awesome for your wife (and you!).

    Did your wife wear full armor?
    Yes, she owns the arm/leg armour (recommended, the rental stuff can get nasty) and she rented a helmet and bike.

    The green runs are REALLY simple. I'd venture to say they're about like your typical rail-to-trail....flat, no significant features or obstacles. Smoke and Mirrors ended up her favorite trail. It's a blue run with lots of low-risk woodwork. She had fun on Crank it Up and Heart of Darkness too. Lower A-line was a bit much because she's not huge on catching air.

    In 3 weeks we'll be heading up for the women's Dirt Series mtb camp. She seems a bit intimidated or scared in anticipation of the camp, but excited too.

    You guys will have a blast.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.