Whistler MTB Park & My Wife - A Novice Rider- Mtbr.com
    KOKOPELLI RACING

Whistler MTB Park & My Wife - A Novice Rider

I'm going to be making my first trip to whistler with my wife and a few of my friends. Most of us are intermediate to advanced riders; however, there are a few that are novices/beginner riders.

I know for sure the intermediate/advanced riders will have an absolute blast.

My question is, does Whistler have easy trails for novice/beginners? ie. easy fire roads that can be accessed with the chair lifts?

Thanks for your input!
    kokopelli racing

mtbr member
    Yes. Whistler has trails for riders of all skills..
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Yes they do have fire roads that are chairlift accessible and all the trails are clearly marked. If your wife is a true beginner however, Blackcomb has a beginner area that is just a few minutes from whistler village.

Just roll it......
    There's a lift on the lower part of Blackcomb that has short, but easy trails (only green and blue) that are perfect for your wife. If those are too easy, she can definitely ride some stuff on Whistler that will be fine as well. Also, outside of the park there are super fun trails your wife would love....particularly in the lost lake area.

Cheers,
    eb

mtbr member
    I heard the magic park is closed for 2007... ?
    Or maybe it's just the lift or whatever they used.

But either way, if you have beginners, they'll have things to ride.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    There's a lift on the lower part of Blackcomb that has short, but easy trails (only green and blue) that are perfect for your wife. If those are too easy, she can definitely ride some stuff on Whistler that will be fine as well. Also, outside of the park there are super fun trails your wife would love....particularly in the lost lake area.

Cheers,
    eb
    a few words from visiting Whistlernpro.....true dat
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Magic park will indeed be closed this year, but there was mention of some sort of bus with bike racks that will be going to the top, not sure of the details.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=...ght=magic+park

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledecadefirehydrant
    I'm going to be making my first trip to whistler with my wife and a few of my friends. Most of us are intermediate to advanced riders; however, there are a few that are novices/beginner riders.

I know for sure the intermediate/advanced riders will have an absolute blast.

My question is, does Whistler have easy trails for novice/beginners? ie. easy fire roads that can be accessed with the chair lifts?

Thanks for your input!
    Absolutely!

My wife was very nervous about riding a DH bike, having seen my stack of bike vids. She actually got bored after 3 green runs, and we started hitting the blues.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

KOKOPELLI RACING
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    Absolutely!

My wife was very nervous about riding a DH bike, having seen my stack of bike vids. She actually got bored after 3 green runs, and we started hitting the blues.

Wow! That's awesome for your wife (and you!).

Did your wife wear full armor?
    kokopelli racing

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledecadefirehydrant
    Wow! That's awesome for your wife (and you!).

Did your wife wear full armor?
    Yes, she owns the arm/leg armour (recommended, the rental stuff can get nasty) and she rented a helmet and bike.

The green runs are REALLY simple. I'd venture to say they're about like your typical rail-to-trail....flat, no significant features or obstacles. Smoke and Mirrors ended up her favorite trail. It's a blue run with lots of low-risk woodwork. She had fun on Crank it Up and Heart of Darkness too. Lower A-line was a bit much because she's not huge on catching air.

In 3 weeks we'll be heading up for the women's Dirt Series mtb camp. She seems a bit intimidated or scared in anticipation of the camp, but excited too.

You guys will have a blast.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Members who have read this thread: 0