Whistler bike park- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Whistler bike park

whistler is the most amazing place i have ever been on earth. i went for the first time in 2005 and was completely hooked. i went four different times in 2006. all i can say is its all i think about. i constantly watch free-ride videos while dreaming of being up there. the bike park is a disney land for mtbikers, i cant wait for it to open i wish they would start digging the snow out right now so we can get an early start. is there anyone else that feels this way ?

No Fear
    I always liked to know how much does ridding there cost .Trails ' lifts' dirt jump yards'...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    yeah, i went in summer of '01 and was hooked...went last summer, amazing all the changes, but still amazing...question, when do the lifts stop spinning for bikes in the fall? (approx)

General Rabble-Rouser
    in BC most of the parks are open from mid-june to late september
    give or take for the weather of course
    Not nearly long enough

Just roll it......
    Whistler is usually open from Mid May through the first week of October. As Karupshan said it all depends on the snow levels. Garbonzo (up top) usually isn't open until early-to-mid June. A good snow year this year so far could mean even later up top.

Couple of my posts from the park last year to help you through the pain......

Early season.

Late Season.

A reminder that Whistler can bite back.

EB

mtbr member
    lift pass is $45 for the day, or $95 for 3 days. worth every penny. can't wait for the mountain to open up for us again

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyc
    whistler is the most amazing place i have ever been on earth. i went for the first time in 2005 and was completely hooked. i went four different times in 2006. all i can say is its all i think about. i constantly watch free-ride videos while dreaming of being up there. the bike park is a disney land for mtbikers, i cant wait for it to open i wish they would start digging the snow out right now so we can get an early start. is there anyone else that feels this way ?
    whistler is the sh$$$, but don't forget other nearby places. the shore+squamish can be just as good or even better. also the non-park whistler trails (i haven't done) but i know they rock. to me the shore is even more intense that whistler. but its all good!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyc
    Goddam, yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

mtbr member
    i cant wait......iam only like a 2 hour drive away.......for sure heading up there a couple times this summer
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

me jumping bflo
    arg i wanna go there so bad!
    PHIB
    I Suck at spelling
    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 2% range, copy and paste this in to your signature...

Portland, OR
    I'm going back up in july! I cant wait to get back there. totally amazing place. I miss it so much. yes, I too think about it tons. its 95 bucks for 3 days, thats the one I got last time. definatly worth the coin.

I <3 whistler
    Last edited by todd_freeride; 02-20-2007 at 08:39 PM.
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Whistler is usually open from Mid May through the first week of October. As Karupshan said it all depends on the snow levels. Garbonzo (up top) usually isn't open until early-to-mid June. A good snow year this year so far could mean even later up top.

Couple of my posts from the park last year to help you through the pain......

Early season.

Late Season.

A reminder that Whistler can bite back.

EB
    you and EIO are my tour guides
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    you and EIO are my tour guides
    Just say when, amigo.

mtbr member

cant wait to go back

we went the last weekend it was open - columbus day weekend. i thought that place was amazing in the winter... gawddam! these are the only photos i've got - theyre at the bottom of gargamel - my buddy locked his keys in the car. the local tow truck dudes unlocked his car for him and didn't want anything - so we gave them some beers. ahh...memories. it's almost exactly 3 months till opening day...ho hum
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I wanna go check out the Airdome so bad it's killin me. Just imagine the progress you could make in a day (or weekend) with unlimited access to an indoor jump park with a perfect roll-in, kickers and a hellacious foam pit.
    I'm seriously considering the Summer Gravity Camps in August. $2 grand for a week on Whistler (includes the Airdome btw) riding and hanging out with 6 or 7 of the world's top pro riders...small price to pay. That's one of those experiences you'll still be smiling about in your grave.

Anyone been to the SGC and is it as much fun as it sounds?
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

mtbr member
    damn .... 2grand?

Just roll it......

one last look

Sorry....just found this last debauchery filled post.

WBP closing weekend of '06.

Peace,
    EB

Members who have read this thread: 0