Whistler is on!!!- Mtbr.com
    USB Rep'n

Whistler is on!!!

Just a quick note to all ya'll who responded to my questions earlier this week about a potential trip to Whistler lin late summer. Anyway, the trip is officially on since I booked the flights last night! Yeeeeehaaaaa. Ill be getting in touch when it gets closer but Im glad things are squared up before oil prices skyrocket and airfares are $300 more. Im not sure what happened with lodging other than that we are staying in a 4 bedroom condo right on the mountain. I am so fired up about this trip I can't tell ya. As a father of two relatively young kids, these chances don't come around every day.

Thanks for the prior help and Ill be talkin to ya more soon.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    Excellent, What are the dates you are heading our way so I can book come time to play tourist guide/official beer supply finder.

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    Just a quick note to all ya'll who responded to my questions earlier this week about a potential trip to Whistler lin late summer. Anyway, the trip is officially on since I booked the flights last night! Yeeeeehaaaaa. Ill be getting in touch when it gets closer but Im glad things are squared up before oil prices skyrocket and airfares are $300 more. Im not sure what happened with lodging other than that we are staying in a 4 bedroom condo right on the mountain. I am so fired up about this trip I can't tell ya. As a father of two relatively young kids, these chances don't come around every day.

Thanks for the prior help and Ill be talkin to ya more soon.

jibber of the unjibbable
    yeah, that's it, rub it in you lucky bastidge
    Boogie down to free James Brown

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter.
    yeah, that's it, rub it in you lucky bastidge
    dude, this a kid friendly site. what are you asking me to rub in? sick. just plain sick...

besides, I thought you were coming along with us already. C'mon man, you know you want to!

eh-nay Ityopia!

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Excellent, What are the dates you are heading our way so I can book come time to play tourist guide/official beer supply finder.

TJ
    awesome! for your efforts, Ill act as beer supply, umm, supplier?

we get in late on Weds Aug 5th and are taking off late on Sunday the 8th. I plan on riding 4 full days and probably want to go see some Shore as well as Whistler. Im bringing my hardtail and will probably have to rent a fs while there for a day or so. Ill drop you a line about all sorts of specifics if thats cool with you.

Thanks again TJ, look forward to meeting you up there.

Scott

eh-nay Ityopia!

jibber of the unjibbable
    dude, this a kid friendly site. what are you asking me to rub in? sick. just plain sick...

besides, I thought you were coming along with us already. C'mon man, you know you want to!

now nowhere did I mention rubbing one off perv

well you're damn right I want to, but like they say, wish into one hand and shiit into the other and see which one fills up faster

I'm sooo freakin jealous, I just watched the vancouver episode of dropin over lunch and my envy level is thru the roof

Pro Crastinator
    awesome! for your efforts, Ill act as beer supply, umm, supplier?

we get in late on Weds Aug 5th and are taking off late on Sunday the 8th. I plan on riding 4 full days and probably want to go see some Shore as well as Whistler. Im bringing my hardtail and will probably have to rent a fs while there for a day or so. Ill drop you a line about all sorts of specifics if thats cool with you.

Thanks again TJ, look forward to meeting you up there.

Scott
    i smell a road trip brewing......

jibber of the unjibbable
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.

I wish I did, instead I just polluted my cubicle with a fresh serving of ass gas, hope no one walks in and wants to talk

Oh what I would do to go to Whizzler this summer

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter.
    now nowhere did I mention rubbing one off perv

well you're damn right I want to, but like they say, wish into one hand and shiit into the other and see which one fills up faster

I'm sooo freakin jealous, I just watched the vancouver episode of dropin over lunch and my envy level is thru the roof
    well, like I said, these chances never really come along and Im really pumped about it. maybe I should rent/buy some dvd's too to get me fired up even more. anyway, I wish you could come along for the fun. Ill send some good vibes your way and who knows, maybe Publisher's Clearing House wiil pay you a visit and fund your trip.

eh-nay Ityopia!

USB Rep'n
    the more the merrier man. you know you'd be welcome!

eh-nay Ityopia!

jibber of the unjibbable
    well, like I said, these chances never really come along and Im really pumped about it. maybe I should rent/buy some dvd's too to get me fired up even more. anyway, I wish you could come along for the fun. Ill send some good vibes your way and who knows, maybe Publisher's Clearing House wiil pay you a visit and fund your trip.

oh yeah dude, I would recommend Kranked 5, NWD 3 & 4 (haven't seen 1 & 2 yet) and the Northshore Xtreme videos

well, I just signed up to win a million $$ from pepsi, so ya never know damn sure won't hold my breath though

Pro Crastinator
    the more the merrier man. you know you'd be welcome!
    i think i will be cancelling my CO trip to make this one instead. i've never been to the whizzle......

Pro Crastinator
    i think i will be cancelling my CO trip to make this one instead. i've never been to the whizzle......
    we shall see you there namaSSte. i've officially cancelled my CO trip in leiu of the whizzle....

at this point it will be myself and Alloy (mark) coming. maybe we could round up some other banditos to tag along... we will be stopping un utah on the way up, and plan to be in the whizzle while you are there. i hope you don't mind a couple of goofballs cramping your style....

USB Rep'n
    we shall see you there namaSSte. i've officially cancelled my CO trip in leiu of the whizzle....

at this point it will be myself and Alloy (mark) coming. maybe we could round up some other banditos to tag along... we will be stopping un utah on the way up, and plan to be in the whizzle while you are there. i hope you don't mind a couple of goofballs cramping your style....
    That is killer news man! Ill be in touch about the details like where we'll be staying and stuff but this just made a cool trip even better. You offering some free schoolin' too? I could use some advice from the pros on how to ride that crazy stuff!!!

eh-nay Ityopia!

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Anyone going to be there this Sunday? (May 30th)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hope well

yeah same here i plan on going up in mid to late summer, for some whistler action, may be i see you guys up there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

A few trail suggestions...

Even though it's easier said than done, try to avoid the tempation of spending all of your time in the park and don't forget to check out some of the non-lift accessed trails in town. If you're willing to pedal, trails like River, Kill Me Thrill Me, and Train Wreck are all essentials of a bike trip to Whistler. Pemberton, Squamish, and the North Shore are also essentials if you're willing to drive a bit.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by axisofevelknievel
    Even though it's easier said than done, try to avoid the tempation of spending all of your time in the park and don't forget to check out some of the non-lift accessed trails in town. If you're willing to pedal, trails like River, Kill Me Thrill Me, and Train Wreck are all essentials of a bike trip to Whistler. Pemberton, Squamish, and the North Shore are also essentials if you're willing to drive a bit.
    Thanks a ton. I am definietly planning on spending some serious hours in the park but would love to ride the shore for at least a few hours one day to see it. Some of th eguys I am coming with are strictly xc so I am bringing parts to be able to ride the Chameleon in the park or trails and plan on doing both.

eh-nay Ityopia!

There's no app for this.

Might have been mentioned but...

find a sticky front tire that is 2.35 or 2.5, that will make your ride... instead of getting bounced around on skinny ones. If you're not running discs, bring some extra vbrake pads. When it's wet, 1 set per ride can happen. Check your insurance (medical) and come with a working 800 number (some only work in the USA which apparently isn't here ).

See you in August, Jim

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    find a sticky front tire that is 2.35 or 2.5, that will make your ride... instead of getting bounced around on skinny ones. If you're not running discs, bring some extra vbrake pads. When it's wet, 1 set per ride can happen. Check your insurance (medical) and come with a working 800 number (some only work in the USA which apparently isn't here ).

See you in August, Jim
    perfect. I am running discs and 2.35's already. insurance - check!, 800 number??

can't wait Jim, see you then.

eh-nay Ityopia!

There's no app for this.

800 number

" Oh Hi, I'm NamaSSte....and I'm in the hospiddle @ Whizzler with a large cedar branch up my wazoo, and a slightly broken arm. How are you gonna cover my medical expenses up here? eh?" (you have to say "eh" up here, eh?)

That's what the 800 # is for, otherwise, have lots of room on yer VISA card.

It probably won't happen, but I hosted 2 from AZ 2 years back and a female broken finger brought this to my attention.

Jim