Where to get a 2008 Marz 66 SL ATA?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: creyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701

    Where to get a 2008 Marz 66 SL ATA?

    I've talked to many local bike shops who ALL say the '08 Marzocchi 66's are shipping and that I can get one within 24 hours.

    The only thing i can't seem to get is a price. So far the only people to get me a price on this fork was Performance bike, at $1200!!

    All the other shops have told me to wait till monday. Surely someone knows the new pricing and availability of the '08 66 ATAs.

  2. #2
    Shop *****
    Reputation: drakan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    943
    Wait until monday...
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: creyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701
    why did i know that was coming...

  4. #4
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411
    $1200 is probably right around retail, but yea, wait 'till after Interbike for them to ship.
    Last edited by Freerider Forever; 09-22-2007 at 08:59 PM.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dowst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    Well, dealer cost is $720 on the '08 66 ATA's (from BTI), so $1200 is probably right around retail, but yea, wait 'till after Interbike for them to ship.
    Get ready to be ass raped for posting industry cost. I made the mistake of posting the industry price of a cassette a few weeks back and holy sh*t people aren't to happy to find out how much the LBS marks up on stuff.

    Take it down before anyone sees

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    Well, dealer cost is $XXX on the '08 66 ATA's (from BTI), so $XXXX is probably right around retail, but yea, wait 'till after Interbike for them to ship.
    Would you mind taking down the dealer cost? It's unfair to everyone who works in the industry.

    And I am more than sure there is other LBS employees on this forum that will kindly ask you to take it down as well.
    Last edited by MattP.; 09-22-2007 at 10:08 PM.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: creyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701
    Ouch...so 1200 it might be afterall. Hmm that kind of blows...

    And yea, posting that dealer price is kind of an unfair nudge for buyers heh. It's not exactly nice...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by creyc
    Ouch...so 1200 it might be afterall. Hmm that kind of blows...

    And yea, posting that dealer price is kind of an unfair nudge for buyers heh. It's not exactly nice...
    And I can almost guarantee it's against his shop's policy.

  9. #9
    Hoodoo Voodoo?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by creyc
    I've talked to many local bike shops who ALL say the '08 Marzocchi 66's are shipping and that I can get one within 24 hours.

    The only thing i can't seem to get is a price. So far the only people to get me a price on this fork was Performance bike, at $1200!!

    All the other shops have told me to wait till monday. Surely someone knows the new pricing and availability of the '08 66 ATAs.
    I've got an 08 66 RC3, used 1 day, that I will let go very reasonably if you are interested.
    Ride hard or ride home alone

  10. #10
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by creyc
    Ouch...so 1200 it might be afterall. Hmm that kind of blows...

    And yea, posting that dealer price is kind of an unfair nudge for buyers heh. It's not exactly nice...
    I removed my inappropriate post, but I think most people know how much bike parts are marked up. It's just the way of the retail world, like it or not. The reason people pay extra money at the LBS is for the service. At my shop, we install parts for free when they buy from us, because I know how it feels paying retail.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: creyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701
    Any reason you only owned it a day, Hammerhead?

    As far as the dealer price, well when I was trying to get a good deal on my dirtbike I would have given anything to know what the dealer was actually paying for it. Knowing how much they get it for tells you wether or not you're getting a good deal on it and how much further you can try to get the price down.

  12. #12
    3.14159265358979323846
    Reputation: velocipus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    Well, dealer cost is $XXX on the '08 66 ATA's (from BTI), so $XXXX is probably right around retail, but yea, wait 'till after Interbike for them to ship.
    I can only assume you're a shop rat... An effin' stupid one at that. Are you really that much of a disrespectful a$$ to post up dealer cost? I guess so. You'd be fired in a heartbeat if you worked for me. @#%&^#&*^*

    And to anyone concerned about dealer mark up... the only industry that has lower margins are camera dealers. We barely pay the bills and still bend over backwards to keep customers happy

  13. #13
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by MattP.
    And I can almost guarantee it's against his shop's policy.
    I run the shop, so I make the policies . I do apologize for the inappropriate post though, I was just trying to speculate on what the retail cost would be. I don't see what the big deal is.

  14. #14
    Hoodoo Voodoo?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by creyc
    Any reason you only owned it a day, Hammerhead?

    As far as the dealer price, well when I was trying to get a good deal on my dirtbike I would have given anything to know what the dealer was actually paying for it. Knowing how much they get it for tells you wether or not you're getting a good deal on it and how much further you can try to get the price down.
    Truly an awesome fork, came on the new Giant I bought, but before trying it I had already ordered and paid for a Totem Air. If I didn't own the Totem, I would keep the 66, but only need one fork you know.
    Ride hard or ride home alone

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: creyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    And to anyone concerned about dealer mark up... the only industry that has lower margins are camera dealers. We barely pay the bills and still bend over backwards to keep customers happy

    So far I don't think anyone has really complained about dealer mark up, it is what it is and everyone knows the dealers pay less.

    I agree with you that posting the dealer price on the web probably isn't the smartest thing to do from a business standpoint, but i do think it's well accepted that retail is always going to be higher. I'm not sure if you're exaggerating or not on its importance however.

  16. #16
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    I can only assume you're a shop rat... An effin' stupid one at that. Are you really that much of a disrespectful a$$ to post up dealer cost? I guess so. You'd be fired in a heartbeat if you worked for me. @#%&^#&*^*

    And to anyone concerned about dealer mark up... the only industry that has lower margins are camera dealers. We barely pay the bills and still bend over backwards to keep customers happy
    Chill out man. I am not a shop rat for your info. I run my shop, and I know how it is trying to keep sales up. I too bend over backwards to keep my customers satisfied. People don't come to a LBS because they think they are getting a smoking deal. They would buy online if that's what they were looking for. They come for good service. Jesus I honestly didn't think people would get so upset about this.

  17. #17
    3.14159265358979323846
    Reputation: velocipus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    Chill out man. I am not a shop rat for your info. I run my shop, and I know how it is trying to keep sales up. I too bend over backwards to keep my customers satisfied. People don't come to a LBS because they think they are getting a smoking deal. They would buy online if that's what they were looking for. They come for good service. Jesus I honestly didn't think people would get so upset about this.
    So when someone comes in your shop do you say, " yeah I get that bike for $XXX, but I'll charge you$YYYY, but we need to pay our staff and stuff, but don't worry... I'll hook you up!"
    You'll be in business a long time I'm sure.
    and yeah, now you know.

    BTW, It's not just me... marzocchi would be pretty pissed too if they knew you were posting your dealer costs on a public forum. Pissed enough to pull your account maybe? Yes, it's serious.

  18. #18
    Frequent Flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    411
    Ok folks, I did my part, now anyone who quoted me needs to do theirs...MattP and dowst to be specific

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: creyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    So when someone comes in your shop do you say, " yeah I get that bike for $XXX, but I'll charge you$YYYY, but we need to pay our staff and stuff, but don't worry... I'll hook you up!"
    You'll be in business a long time I'm sure.
    and yeah, now you know.

    BTW, It's not just me... marzocchi would be pretty pissed too if they knew you were posting your dealer costs on a public forum. Pissed enough to pull your account maybe? Yes, it's serious.

    Ahem...threadjacking is cool and all but...

    Back to the original topic, where can I get a new 08' 66 ATA? And is it because of interbike that everyone is telling me to wait till next week? I had several shops tell me they are in fact shipping already...

  20. #20
    3.14159265358979323846
    Reputation: velocipus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by creyc
    So far I don't think anyone has really complained about dealer mark up, it is what it is and everyone knows the dealers pay less.

    I agree with you that posting the dealer price on the web probably isn't the smartest thing to do from a business standpoint, but i do think it's well accepted that retail is always going to be higher. I'm not sure if you're exaggerating or not on its importance however.
    I'm not so concerned about people's reaction to dealer cost. But there are pretty strict policies that vendors like to keep their dealers to for a reason. I'm not exaggerating. I know that if you really wanted to find out dealer cost on anything you can find out. I'm just saying that it is very important that we don't discuss dealer cost on mtbr. We dealers and we manufacturers struggle enough without having to deal with folks trying to fock us down on price anymore than we already deal with.

  21. #21
    Bike Ninja |||
    Reputation: chooofoojoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by creyc
    Ahem...threadjacking is cool and all but...

    Back to the original topic, where can I get a new 08' 66 ATA? And is it because of interbike that everyone is telling me to wait till next week? I had several shops tell me they are in fact shipping already...

    At my shop we have em in transit.. as in THEY ARE STILL ON THE FREAKIN BOAT! it takes a while for them to get here.. like a week.

    chill out and wait. good things do come to those who wait.

    (oh and all the ones we are getting in have already been pre-ordered so no luck from us.. sorry)
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

  22. #22
    3.14159265358979323846
    Reputation: velocipus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by creyc
    Ahem...threadjacking is cool and all but...

    Back to the original topic, where can I get a new 08' 66 ATA? And is it because of interbike that everyone is telling me to wait till next week? I had several shops tell me they are in fact shipping already...
    Well, they're not going to ship until Monday no matter what you do and yeah, Marzocchi's not a huge company, but I'm sure there will still be some sales staff and warehouse folk in the shop next week. If they're shipping, go to your favorite marzocchi dealin' shop and order one. Make it known that you'd like it as soon as you can get it and offer to split the shipping cost. I'd order it right in front of you if you came to me like that.

    And sorry about the thread jack... I got worked up

  23. #23
    3.14159265358979323846
    Reputation: velocipus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by chooofoojoo
    At my shop we have em in transit.. as in THEY ARE STILL ON THE FREAKIN BOAT! it takes a while for them to get here.. like a week.

    chill out and wait. good things do come to those who wait.

    (oh and all the ones we are getting in have already been pre-ordered so no luck from us.. sorry)
    "Still on the boat" means still on the water coming from Asia, or metaphorically on the boat like in transit via UPS?

    I haven't ordered one so I honestly don't know.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: creyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    And sorry about the thread jack... I got worked up
    It's cool, I just envisioned the flame war about to begin
    (btw i PM'd you)


    I guess I can wait then, since I'm actually waiting on my frame too! I have a long way to go building my new bike and at times it really feels like nothing is happening, despite the reassuring calls from the bike shop.

    I think I'll try to really apply that "good things come to those who wait" quote.

  25. #25
    Bike Ninja |||
    Reputation: chooofoojoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    "Still on the boat" means still on the water coming from Asia, or metaphorically on the boat like in transit via UPS?

    I haven't ordered one so I honestly don't know.

    well.. "still on the boat" as in they've shipped, but we don't have em yet... for all i know they could be in ups's distribution center in commerce city awaiting a monday delivery for all i know (please be the case...)

    could be a few days, could be another week.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,815
    Freeride Forever: It's not so much that people on the forums will ***** about mark up here, but imagine when a customer comes into your shop, "Hey, you're charging $XXX for this "Insert product here", I know you purchase it for $XXX, so I'll give you $XXX.

    But in any regards, I appreciate your understanding, and you editing it, and I edited my post when I quoted you.

    I'm done, back to Marz talk

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ScBullitFr3rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    141
    What is it usually...6 months for prices on high end Marzocchi forks to start dropping significantly from MSRP? I waited till my 2006 888 Rc2x came on sale and i saved about 400 bucks..could be worth the wait to some IMO...

  28. #28
    3.14159265358979323846
    Reputation: velocipus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    Ok folks, I did my part, now anyone who quoted me needs to do theirs...MattP and dowst to be specific
    Thanks homie... I'm in retail and manufacturing and I took it all too personally. I shouldn't have resorted to name-calling. I hope you can tell the subject hit close to home.
    In the end ya done good.

    I hope creyc gets his fork early next week

  29. #29
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,122
    Over time my opinion has changed about posting wholesale prices. Today I believe you crying about it are probably shady and a definately a wuss. If you can't defend why you charge the retail price you do than you are charging too much and/or just not cut out for work in a sales industry. Everyone should know they can get a better deal online, but they come to a shop to see a product up close first, to test ride it, to talk to the shop rats, to know if something goes wrong they will get some service. That all costs overhead, thus why it costs more in a live shop. All you whiners should work in an industry where every cent you make is printed on paper for the customer's approval before the deal is done. See Truth-In-Lending and Good-Faith-Estimates in mortgage lending for an example. You have to sell yourself and your service along with your product. FWIW I worked in a bike shop for 5 years and in mortgages for 3.
    Last edited by Bulldog; 09-23-2007 at 08:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: El Gordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    538
    I believe that Go-ride has them at least there site says they do I think its $1099. So I am confused I shouldnt post that or is that ok.... Anyway i was going for the 08 Sl ata myself but settled for the 07 SL ATA got it for $650 so I figured well worth it to save 400 bucks.. Still do not want to jump on the 08 with giving it some time to see what happens..

    So can we post prices like that or no I am really confused on this whole thing if its wrong let me know I will edit.
    _________________________________________
    TRANSITION!!!!!!
    08 Blindside - Zoke 66
    07 Preston - Zoke 55 R

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: creyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701
    Cool thanks for the info El Gordo! I would think thats perfectly acceptable to post their prices, since they're advertising that price to the public anyways.

    Man I was not expecting these forks to be SO expensive! Does it seem like everything in the bike industry got quite a bit more expensive for 2008? I was just on the specialized website and got that feeling...then this.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,035
    More editing in needed in this thread.

    toby

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,035
    Oops.
    Last edited by in the trees; 09-23-2007 at 04:09 AM.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,035
    Oops.
    Last edited by in the trees; 09-23-2007 at 04:09 AM.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,035
    Oops.
    Last edited by in the trees; 09-23-2007 at 04:09 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.