where do i want to ride?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

where do i want to ride?

im possibly heading to vermont this upcoming summer and have gotten several recomendations for where to ride assuming all locations have lifts and wanted to know where the best resorts are thanks in advance
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Mongoose Teocali all mountain
    Jamis Exile SS

mtbr member
    What kind of riding are you looking for?
    For racing, I'd say Mount Snow, hands down.
    If you're not into that, I'd say Highland (it's in New Hampshire, but worth the drive) is your best bet.
    If you're looking for a more mellow experience, head to Killington (they do have a few good trails, but nothing built up with a lot of fire roads to ride on).
    Build.
    Ride.
    Repeat.

mtbr member
    If you ride with somebody who knows Killington well, then you'll have an incredible time, it just takes a lot of work to really get to know the mountain. I don't think mellow is necessarily the best word to describe it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kipdrunner
    If you ride with somebody who knows Killington well, then you'll have an incredible time, it just takes a lot of work to really get to know the mountain. I don't think mellow is necessarily the best word to describe it
    well killington is the closest place to the cabin and thats a good distance away how many trails do they have at killington that are very gravity oriented?
    life is short STUNT IT!
    01 VW GTI VR6 12V
    VT V DUBER
    Mongoose Teocali all mountain
    Jamis Exile SS

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard
    well killington is the closest place to the cabin and thats a good distance away how many trails do they have at killington that are very gravity oriented?

right, i would not call Killington "mellow" - well, maybe in comparison to Highland i guess. There is just alot of "variety" at the big K. Sure, you can bomb fireroads and such, but there are also a number of hard core gravity/DH oriented trails/single track routes

Members who have read this thread: 0