Where to build the tranny?- Mtbr.com
    Thunder Chunky

Where to build the tranny?

How do you know how far away to build a tranny? Do you just build it then adjust your speed?
    Purple Popcorn

Slopestyle Rider
    Take a look at other jumps that you are comfortable clearing and use that as a guide. Keep in mind the steeper the tranny, the shorter the gap...

Shop *****
    Do a big huck huck gnar huckstors to flat and find out where the tranny goes
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    A tranny for what? A drop or launch?
    Out of what materials will the tranny be constructed? Dirt, and/or wood or lumber?

Wood/lumber trannys will be a bit more portable and easier to move than a 5 foot plus tall dirt tranny.
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by drakan
    Do a big huck huck gnar huckstors to flat and find out where the tranny goes
    this is the only reasonable solution
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Thunder Chunky
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb_mike
    A tranny for what? A drop or launch?
    Out of what materials will the tranny be constructed? Dirt, and/or wood or lumber?

Wood/lumber trannys will be a bit more portable and easier to move than a 5 foot plus tall dirt tranny.
    its for a combo of both...drop is about 5 feet but with alittle bit of a launch. Its going to be made out of dirt so it wouldnt be easy to move. Should I ust jump it once and see where i land then build the tranny according to that?
    Purple Popcorn

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman133
    its for a combo of both...drop is about 5 feet but with alittle bit of a launch. Its going to be made out of dirt so it wouldnt be easy to move. Should I ust jump it once and see where i land then build the tranny according to that?
    We have a 9ft (above the ground) drop with a 6ft landing ramp (tranny). So it's really about a 3 ft difference between drop and tranny lip. We have about a 6.5 ft gap. We have to hit it with a decent amount of speed.
    If you have a 5 ft drop, start out with an 8ft gap. Be sure you have a decent enough approach to allow for some speed before you hit it.
    One thing you could try is if you have the lumber but are still dead set on dirt, maybe build a temporary wood tranny and field test the gap with that. Move the tranny back and forth until you dial it in, then remove the tranny and build a dirt one.
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

Glad to Be Alive
    build a stadium style landing........very long with slight incline

start about 2 feet out...something you know you can make...then put it farter and farther out
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Thunder Chunky
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    build a stadium style landing........very long with slight incline

start about 2 feet out...something you know you can make...then put it farter and farther out
    yeah im probably going to do something like that. I am swamped with school this week but i have next week off so i can owrk on it then.
    Purple Popcorn

Members who have read this thread: 0