When to go to Whistler??- Mtbr.com
    phazer

When to go to Whistler??

From South Africa, so don't know the seasons for Whistler, when would the best time be to go?

calma
    I have never been for mtbing, but friends have told me do not go during crankworks - super busy.

Working on going next summer with buds

Flyin' low
    Early season, June, is OK. But some of the trails may not be open due to reconstruction or heavy snow pack.

Mid season, late July thru August, is better. All trails are open and generaly in good repair.
    But it can be very warm. This year we went in mid July and it was down right HOT. Temps up into the mid to high 90's F ( 36, 37 C ). They said that it got up to 40C one day.

Late season, September till closing. Last year(2006) we went up the last week of August. I would say this is an ideal time to visit. Temps are down, crowds are thin and the peak is open.

Overall it's hard to find a bad time to visit this place. There are advantages and disadvantages to each portion of the season. Of course midweek is going to see less traffic at the lifts and the big festavils are going to be crowded.
    All that being said, any time you are at Whistler is better than not being at Whistler.

If pro is the opposite of con, then progress is the opposite of congress?

GET OUTA MY WAY!
    go BEFORe c-worx the trails are in better condition, but most of the time you wont be allowed in the boneyard
    "We get em hot, and leave em wet"
    Sacred is the pull of gravity... but I'm blessed, 'cus I defy it.
    -The Maverick

mtbr member
    July 1st-Sept 15 but not during Crank Worx.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Went early-mid October @ 2 yrs. ago. Was great. Lodging was dirt cheap, no crowds, great temps, and all trails were open.We were there a week before they closed for the bike season.

Members who have read this thread: 0