Wheelworld.com- Mtbr.com

Thread: Wheelworld.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

New question here. Wheelworld.com

Any one used Wheelworld.com and like there service?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    I've bought a couple thousand dollars worth of bike/parts from them. Never been disappointed. Lots of 20% off coupons too.

mtbr member
    I've had good luck and they always got some good deals

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Good luck here and they are clear on what they have in stock.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Where do yo get the 20% coupons?

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    They are often posted in the deals section, or you can subscribe to their emailing list.

I ordered from them once. It took a few days to ship my order, but the prices were worth the few days of extra wait time.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    cool, thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    I thought you just used your "five finger discount?"
    "Well I don't drink as much as I ought to."

~Jerry Jeff Walker~

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I've had postive experiences when I've ordered from them. My primary hits are with Jenson, Bluesky, Pricepoint, Go-ride and Universal...

mtbr member
    Great experience here as well.
    Pivot Firebird, Tomac Snyper, KTM 250SX

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I bought my Coiler frame from them and they shipped cross-country in about 5 days. It even came a day earlier than I expected it to.

I also had to deal with their customer service because of an issue with my credit card, and they were very helpful and prompt.

Capricious youth...
    Great guys. I've always had good experiences with Wheelworld, Jenson, and PricePoint.

All great companies with equally stellar deals on a wide variety of products.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    I've been doing business with them for 3 years now; and plan to continue to do so. Their manager, Mike, is very helpful; as well as their sales staff Justin. Their tech & warranty guy Alfredo is pretty cool. They can also pricematch deals from Jenson, as well as other web based retailers with store fronts. Their OEM (take off) parts have outstanding value for the penny pinchers among us.
    DH:Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5 w/ 888R
    FR:Marin Quake w/ 888RC
    AM:BMC Superstroke 01 w/ 66RC2X

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    I thought you just used your "five finger discount?"
    no, I just trade tricks for parts.

SLO Mtn biker!
    I got a good deal on a Niterider HID light from them 2 yrs ago ($200 off list). Ordered over the phone cuz it was a magazine ad price and didn't see it on their website, and customer service was helpful and efficient. I'd have no hesitation ordering from them again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

don't wanna deal with wheelworld again

customer service--A JOKE!!!! I just had a Kona Lisa DS shipped from their store to me in NJ. After having to wait for 2 weeks ( it took them more than a week to actually ship the bike!!)everything was perfect except for a busted left hand shifter pod. I emailed them and then I ended up calling them to get a new pod. Their reply was to send the damaged pod back and wait for a replacement (which would probably have been another 2-3 weeks) or to actually pay for a whole shifter set that they would immediately send out to me, and I would be reimbursed after I send the broken one back - and this is for something that any respectable store would have checked before sending a bike out!!! I'm sorry, but after paying $1300 for a bike, and having to wait for 2 weeks to get it, to get such an answer for a $30 shifter pod is unacceptable.

They have good prices, so get whatever you need, but make sure to check it for any problems/damage. And then stay away from future "support" from their store. What "technicians" do they have that don't even check what they've put together before shipping it out?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    No problems with Wheelworld. Pretty good deals, especially closeouts on last years bikes/frames.

AKA - DangerDon
    Oct 2007
    Wheelword.com ROCKS!!!

A few months ago I picked up an 07 Kona Cowan DS for ˝ price!!! I called them a few times for stuff too, and they always pick up the phone. They’ve also responded to my emails in a timely manner.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by simona
    customer service--A JOKE!!!! I just had a Kona Lisa DS shipped from their store to me in NJ. After having to wait for 2 weeks ( it took them more than a week to actually ship the bike!!)everything was perfect except for a busted left hand shifter pod. I emailed them and then I ended up calling them to get a new pod. Their reply was to send the damaged pod back and wait for a replacement (which would probably have been another 2-3 weeks) or to actually pay for a whole shifter set that they would immediately send out to me, and I would be reimbursed after I send the broken one back - and this is for something that any respectable store would have checked before sending a bike out!!! I'm sorry, but after paying $1300 for a bike, and having to wait for 2 weeks to get it, to get such an answer for a $30 shifter pod is unacceptable.

?
    I think you are unjustly being unfair....that seems like a legit answer to me...yeah I would be mad something didn't work, but heck send it back and give a credit card for the new part right away.

Stuff breaks all the time....I think you dealt with it in a poor way

BTW ...welcome to the forum with your first post
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 06-18-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

N* Bomber Crew
    I haven't ordered anything from Wheeworld in a long time but they're legit

Legit Sites:
    Universal Cycles
    Pricepoint
    JensonUSA
    Go-Ride
    Wheelworld
    Cambria Bicycle Outfitters

Avoid:
    Beyond Bikes
    (And that other site that is similar to Beyond)
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by simona

They have good prices, so get whatever you need, but make sure to check it for any problems/damage. And then stay away from future "support" from their store. What "technicians" do they have that don't even check what they've put together before shipping it out?
    You're dumb. If you want to be tight-ass about a $30 shifter that probably broke while in transit, then you sure as hell better be willing to wait a couple of weeks.

You live in NJ. Wheel World is in CA. Two weeks isn't all that long buddy.

Take a Midol and stop *****ing.

I can ride a two-wheeler
    i got a new 888 from wheelworld for 300$ a year ago....came on time, and totally legit price

and some 20$ platform pedals like 1/2 a year ago....can't complain about the service

I'd most def order from them again

mtbr member
    I still do business with them till now! Alberto(service dept. guy) was the one who put together my Marin Quake and he did a phenomenal job.

They still have awesome deals and would pricematch Jenson's deals all the time!
    DH:Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5 w/ 888R
    FR:Marin Quake w/ 888RC
    AM:BMC Superstroke 01 w/ 66RC2X

Pro Crastinator
    i always hook up online people(anyone who asks, the store is down my block) by going in and making 'in-store purchase only' deals they always run. they ship the product from the store to wherever you ask them. never had a problem with delays or issues with shipping in many years of dealing with them...

Newbie in japan
    Feb 2008
    lol can you do the spescialized full face for me

mtbr member
    i have good experience with them also. I bought the last 18" 05 Reign 3 from them. since they were selling them like pancakes because its a good deal. They hold the bike for me for a whole week until I went to the store and picked it up! also they do some trade in deals if you dont like a part from the bike you purchased they will give you a store credit towards the new part you are purchasing so you will not be stuck with a part you dont need

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Unfortunately, I seem to be in the minority here...

I can appreciate that most people have had a good experience with them, and I truly wish that was the case with me. I'm currently struggling to get any kind of answer out of their customer service department.

I ordered a bunch of parts from their website, almost a week ago.

Every one of the items I ordered, said it was in store stock, and would ship within 1 day. I also got a confirmation email, stating that my order was processed and would ship within 1 day.

I checked the next day, and the order hadn't shipped. I left it for another day, and it still said the order hadn't shipped.

I tried calling the store, to find out what was going on (maybe it fell through the cracks, or something went wrong with the ordering process). I got put on hold for over 15 minutes, then they came back and said they were busy and would call me back... that never happened. I phoned again, the next day, and they never even answered the phone! Just kept getting put into a perpetual 'on hold loop'.

After waiting on hold for almost half an hour, I decided to email their customer service dept. I explained the situation, and within a couple hours I got an email replay, stating that they were waiting for the parts to come in...

I replied and said that every item showed as being in stock - and their confirmation email also told me that the items were in stock, and would ship within 1 day. I asked them when they expected the parts to arrive (hoping it might just be a day or two). Again, I got the exact same reply: "the parts are not in, when they arrive, we will ship them".

Pretty poor response.

It's now been a week. The order has still not shipped. They don't answer their phone. They will not respond to my emails...

I know they are a legitimate company. I'm not concerned about getting scammed. I'm just terribly disappointed in their poor customer service.

Members who have read this thread: 0