Wheelset help- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Wheelset help

  1. #1
    Soul Cycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    819

    Wheelset help

    I need a new wheelset. i am debating against the

    Halo SAS 26 inch
    HALO COMBAT 26 inch

    which do u think will be better for urban riding and a little trials and street and freeride.

    other suggestions on wheels would be appreciated too. my issue is that my sponsor can get me the Combat wheels for 150 and the SAS wheels for 228. i dont want to spend much more money then 250.

    Why is the SAS so much more than the combat?

  2. #2
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by sreiman
    I need a new wheelset. i am debating against the

    Halo SAS 26 inch
    HALO COMBAT 26 inch

    which do u think will be better for urban riding and a little trials and street and freeride.

    other suggestions on wheels would be appreciated too. my issue is that my sponsor can get me the Combat wheels for 150 and the SAS wheels for 228. i dont want to spend much more money then 250.

    Why is the SAS so much more than the combat?
    i thinkit's either the sas has sealed bearings or they are made out of a different material...

  3. #3
    Soul Cycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    819
    do u think these are relatively light wheels?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by sreiman
    do u think these are relatively light wheels?
    no............

  5. #5
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    no............
    no they definatly aren't...

  6. #6
    Soul Cycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    819
    i think what i am goin to do is buy a halo combat rim for the rear and then buy a azionic out law wheel for the front.

    I currently have a rhno lite in the rear. how much do u think it cost to switch the rims?

  7. #7
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by sreiman
    i think what i am goin to do is buy a halo combat rim for the rear and then buy a azionic out law wheel for the front.

    I currently have a rhno lite in the rear. how much do u think it cost to switch the rims?
    dude, just get one of the wheelsets from universal cycles...


    why do you want a halo in the back?


    just get a azonic outlaw wheelset from universal...

  8. #8
    Soul Cycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    819
    i want a really wide rim in back, so if i do trials ish stuff i can get a lot of traction. i want to be able to ride my tire realy low in the rear.

  9. #9
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by sreiman
    i want a really wide rim in back, so if i do trials ish stuff i can get a lot of traction. i want to be able to ride my tire realy low in the rear.

  10. #10
    Soul Cycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    819
    actually, i think single tracks would be perfect. but there expensive...

  11. #11
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by sreiman
    actually, i think single tracks would be perfect. but there expensive...
    again,

Similar Threads

  1. Cross wheelset options
    By SpinWheelz in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 06:33 AM
  2. Help me spends less then $250 -- XC wheelset questions
    By mtb-rob in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 08:43 PM
  3. new wheelset better than Hugi 240/317 set-up?
    By mountain bike in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 08:38 PM
  4. Mavic Speedcity Disc Wheel Set
    By SingleSpeedSlave in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 08:41 PM
  5. Some questions on tubeless vs standard wheelset?
    By SLinBend in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 02:15 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.