wheelset- Mtbr.com

Thread: wheelset

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

wheelset

im looking for a good freeride wheelset, does anyone have any suggestions? im riding an 05 jekyll and just looking to upgrade but i dont know what to get as ive never had new wheels.

Glad to Be Alive
    unless your rims are beatup....don't spend the cash just to upgrade

Outlaws are cheap and are surprisely pretty good and strong
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    How much you looking to spend?

Azonic Outlaws and Transition Revolutions are great wheels for under $300. Outlaws can be found at almost any online retailer and Revolutions can be bought directly from Transition and come in a bunch of sweet colors.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    My first suggestion, don't be freeriding on a Jekyll, get a new bike if that's you wanna roll.

Second, check the Outlaws. There kind of heavy, but a solid build and you can't do much better on the cheap.

Pivotal figure
    Mavic DeeTrax are pretty decent but a little more $$ than the Outlaws (~$350). Not exactly light either but strong.

i drink shower water
    Mavis 823's... i love those wheels. they can be expensive depending on the hubs you lace them with but you will not be bummed. however i agree dont get new wheels just to get em. i rode Single Tracks SL1's until they broke.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

----------------
    Aug 2006
    Dont get freeride wheels for that bike. I've also got an 05 jekyll and was considering doing the same thing and making it a FR/AM bike. instead I threw down the cash and got an 07 sx trail which i love. Im actually getting some lighter stuff for my jekyll. if you try to beef up the jekyll youll probably break the bike and yourself. The difference between the two bikes is like night and day.
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    thanks for the feedback, i think im just gonna ride my stock wheelset till something goes wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 0