Whats wrong whith my 888rc2?- Mtbr.com
    D.B
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Whats wrong whith my 888rc2?

My fork was working great and then all of a sudden it started topping out really hard. The rebound adjustment doesnt work at all since this happened. Turning the preload all the way in doesnt seem to change how hard it tops out. I saw no sign of oil leaking out anywhere. Then to top it off, the compression dial on top of the fork got jammed and I couldnt turn it. Could this be part of the same problem. If I take it apart, will that screw up any warrenty issues with Marzocchi.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

100% Cheesy Goodness
    this happend to my 05 66rc, at least the rebound thing. Basically the "pumping rod" or what ever you want to call it probably came loose from the top cap on my 66. I dont know if this could be possible on the 888 but it might be what is going on. Taking it apart is just like when you want to swap out springs. But if your are unfamiliar with the goins on inside a 888 i would just send it in. That way if something is really broken, they can find it, and get it fixed right the first time and do it quickly.
    Blaaah blaaah blaaah

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I Had The Same Problem ,whats Happening Is There Is A Small C-ring On The Rod That Controls The Compression Rate It Has Slipped Out Of Its Groove And Come Loose I Have Taken My Fork To Marrzocchi And They Fixed It But After Two Weeks It Happened Again, There Is A Way To Fix It For Good . Send Me A Private Message And I Will Tell You How To Do It, Just Did Mine And Its Working Great , And You Will Never Have This Problem Again.....

D.B
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks for the replies

Turns out it was the "pumping rod" but somehow it came apart at the bottom of the fork, not at the top cap. That is a job for Marzocchi.

Glad to Be Alive
    send it to Marz...................
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Is there a way to fix this at home? I have the same problem with my new 66 rc2x...I have limited rebound adjustability, but I really don't want to be out yet another week...Anyone wanna trade a new 66 rc2x for a 2005 shiver in really really good shape???

mtbr member
    Unfortunately they're made not to be user serviceable, you have warranty or buy a new one.

Members who have read this thread: 0