Whats wrong with big hit spec?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Whats wrong with big hit spec?

I've read a heap about how crap these bikes are. Excuse my ignorance but isnt the frame setup similar to a SC Bullit? If the bike is specced well are they are decent ride?

go big or go home
    Look at the price, its 8 hondo around here. What do you expect with a cheapass bike like that? Cheapass components and poor quality...its cool if someone has only that to afford, but its pointless to invest hundreds of dollars in new parts, the comp is the lowest id go with a bighit.

One of my riding buddies had one, he got rid of it after a month or so on ebay, due to it always breaking and him having to invest more money than its worth to buy new parts.

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bachelor
    I've read a heap about how crap these bikes are. Excuse my ignorance but isnt the frame setup similar to a SC Bullit? If the bike is specced well are they are decent ride?
    The BigHit Spec was designed to be an enty level bike in the all mountain / freeride bike scene, as the components are on the lower end of the spectrum. This doesn't mean, however that this is a bad bike. It's perfect for what it was designed for; introduction to this type of MTBing. Once you have outgrown that bike, then just move on up. If you're somebody who is already past the entry level, then don't even bother with it; you'll just end up pissing and moaning about bad the bike is and how it's not for you. Spend the extra money on something that will take bigger hits, and has better components.