What Would you guys like to see- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

What Would you guys like to see

in 2005. My wish would be a 6 inch travel heckler with VPP technology and a Demo 8 with the 66r fork and three rings, oh and maybe a beefed up Enduro that could take a beating while being light enough to ride uphill. Those are my wishes what are urs??

USB Rep'n

I'd like to see

Cooter weariing something a bit more riske when he washes his bike
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

a'buh?
    heh heh....ewww

Those sound good...I'd also like to see a FR frame from Soul Cycles w/ 7-8" of travel (but I think that won't happen til 05.5 or 06
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

We get titles?

I'd like to see more Ski resorts allow mountainbikes

I'd like to see more ski resorts open their doors to mountainbikes. I'd like to see some pissa downhilll courses within an hour of Boston. AND, I'd like to see Sunday River re-open their bike park. It was a few hours drive, but well worth it. While I'm at it, I'd like to see world peace and cheaper beer.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by upNdown
    While I'm at it, I'd like to see world peace and cheaper beer.
    while don't you just add honest politicians and an end to progress siply for the sake of progress?

seriously, I agree that more ski resorts opening up to mtb would be great. frankly, Im even simpler than that. I'd just like to see the little sissy boy's who are afraid to hit the stunts I've built on our local loop just leave em alone. The little freaks, tear the stuff down once a week. How do I know its them? Busted one doing it this past weekend. Let's just say he's hoping we don't have to have the same discussion again....

nam (time for deep breathing exercises)
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Cynical Bystander
    While bike products sound good and all, I'd really like to see Drop-In shown in the US. Lucky Canadians have been the only ones able to watch that so far. lol. Along with that I'd like to see dh/fr riding more publicized just as far as showing them on TV and stuff like that. I mean, take those damn rodeo, fishing, and gun shows off of OLN and put some biking on.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Team
    I would like to see many more trail at Attitash including opeinging up some of Bear Peak for Biking. A Demo 8. More inverted forks like the Shiver by Marzocchi. New trails at Attitash and for Sunday river to re-open. Too bad I never went to SR when it was open.

mtbr member
    In the world of bikes: I'd like to see more inexpensive bikes, and all the companies to lower their prices and stop screwing us. I can find a good quality more inexpensive street bike than I can a good mountain bike. There is something wrong with that.

In the world of...well...worlds: I've given up hope for mankind. So, I wish for reality TV to take a dive in the market and force it to become unprofitable. Teleportation would be cool too.

mtbr member
    There are a few things I'd like to see as well, Sunday River opening back up for sure! as it's like the only place here in Maine to get your fix for chair lifted shuttle events..if I was greedy I'd say open up SR and open up Sugarloaf because I'am betting all them tabletops and jumps would be killer..Publicity would help for sure. In the bike world it would be cool for price drops, funny thing a shock for trucks if like 70 bucks any mt bike shock worth riding a few hundred WTF! Marzocchi making some 1.5 forks, some 6' 6" 29" trail bikes.. legalization of Mary, better healthcare but politics
    have no place here.

mtbr member
    Tenneys opening up for DHing and FRing, and have some SICK trails. Come check it out in Plymouth. Definetly getting started out on the right foot with help for DHD, its gunna be sweeeeet.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    i would like to see a hover bike with built in fax machine and mindreading capabilites on my left, and this fine peice of azz on my right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

I wanna talk to Samson!
    ...really though i would like to see soul cycles out with a 7-9 inch travel dh/fr bike, and a lot more companies like soul cycles putting out good bikes at good cost. in general i would just like to see the general cost of mtb stuff go down. i would like to see bush out of office, and the us out of iraq. i would also like hikers to be banished from the earth, or just tunnel trail.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Runnin' Manitou dorado dh '02

Dream - Curnutt XTD

We get titles?

road bikes should be cheap

[QUOTE=Prechrysler]I can find a good quality more inexpensive street bike than I can a good mountain bike. There is something wrong with that.
    QUOTE]

No, it makes perfect sense. Road bikes don't seem to change much. Mountain bikes do. I'm sure Mountain Bike companies spend a TON more on R & D than road bike companies, so they pass those costs on to the consumer. I don't like the costs, but I like the technology. I guess we can't have it both ways.

mtbr member
    No, it makes perfect sense. Road bikes don't seem to change much. Mountain bikes do. I'm sure Mountain Bike companies spend a TON more on R & D than road bike companies, so they pass those costs on to the consumer. I don't like the costs, but I like the technology. I guess we can't have it both ways.

I'm talking about motorcycles. Road bicycles are rediculously overpriced too. It just seems silly to me that a good motorcycle with all the components, engine, shocks, gas tank, transmission, and all that jazz can sell for a similar price to a really good mountain bike. The price of the mountain bike should pale in comparison rather than be in a similar price range.

Soul Cycles rock btw. They're all about hooking up the normal income rider that has to pay loads of bills and still wishes to have a good bike. If they build even a decent full suspension (non-cross country), I'm all over it. I bought their Titan. I love supporting companies like that. I hope they do well, because other companies will see that and perhaps follow suit.

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    I'd like to see more ski resorts open their doors to mountainbikes. I'd like to see some pissa downhilll courses within an hour of Boston. AND, I'd like to see Sunday River re-open their bike park. It was a few hours drive, but well worth it. While I'm at it, I'd like to see world peace and cheaper beer.
    AMEN!
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    I would like to see a bike setup that had NO problems AT ALL.and more bike parks at ski resorts.I would also like to stop world hunger and a better bike.
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

livin' a lie--TIMMY!!!
    1. DH in the next olympics!!!
    2. $8 Ski lift pass
    3. 300+hp car starting at $20,000

and let me add a vote to reality TV becoming obsolete....bring back Ren and Stimpy!
    Last edited by gigamanx; 07-01-2004 at 10:59 AM.