What should this be sold as?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

New question here. What should this be sold as?

Hi, I have a 2002 stinky, with shimano pdx-30 pedals,and a XT rear der. Everything else is stock and it hasn't been ridden much. I think I am better off with a light bike, especially here in Hawaii, with alot of steep hills. If you could please advise me on how much you think it is worth, and where is a good place to sell it on the internet, whatever's worked for you guys, that would be helpful.

also, I have a newish XEN helmet, Skinz knee'shin pads, armguards and gloves. do you think it is best to list all together? or just the bike?

thanks alot.

mtbr member
    The bike is probably worth half of what you paid for it, maybe a bit more. Go to the classified on this site and check out similar bikes, see what they go for. If the bike is on there for too long, it is probably overpriced. I've sold 3 bikes here for the right price. As for the accessories, I would never buy used things of that nature, but other people might find it as good deal. List them separately or throw a few thing in for "free" to make the bike more appealing.
    Got Bike?

jibber of the unjibbable
    I'll give ya one(1) crack rock and the glass fixture to utilize said narcotic

pm me
    Boogie down to free James Brown

18 years old
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter.
    I'll give ya one(1) crack rock and the glass fixture to utilize said narcotic

pm me
    how do i put that in my signature? LMAO!!!~

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    ok, thanks(not for the rock). So you have sold on here? What do you do? Have them send the money, and then once it is received shiip, or do paypal or, how did your sales go? I didn't see any stinky's on there, but i'll check back. So if i paid 1600 new, and i put on those pedals which cost me 125 and a better derailleur, do you think i could list it here for 700-800 and that would be fair?

i didn't think selling the pads might be nasty. but that is something, to think that they might not have to go.

mtbr member
    My sales went great, they mailed the check, I cashed it and sent the bike. The last bike I sold was to a local guy, which was a lot easier. Advertise it for an amount you are comfortable with and go from there. There is also pinkbike.com and mybikesite.com, I never bothered with eighter one.
    Got Bike?