What other shock brands fit Fox RC4?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What other shock brands fit Fox RC4?

Need to get a different spring and was hoping to find out what shocks have inter-changeable springs with Fox RC4? Next question would be, the spring calculator I'm using only gives a few suspension designs and need to know is a Session 88 a single pivot or 4 bar design? Third question is, do I go high or lower if I'm between spring rates
    Last edited by Drth Vadr; 03-07-2012 at 06:57 PM.

staike
    All except of Vivid springs fits I think.

On the TFT calculator, look at the '4 bar' side.

How much do you weigh? I'm 63 kg geared up and I use a 350 spring with perfect sag (32%). TFT recommends me 327 (fox) so be sure to add a little bit on the number you get.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Other springs wil kinda fit on the Fox shocks.

There are 3 different, common spring sizes: the smallest is Fox which uses 1.38" (35mm) ID springs, the middle and most common is 1.43" (36.3mm) ID which is used by Cane Creek, Manitou, Marzocchi, etc. The largest is the Vivid at 1.5" (38.1mm) ID.

So, while the middle size will fit on the Fox spring collars, the spring will walk around a bit. Because of this, and the fact that it is physically larger, there is a bit more chance for the outside of the spring to rub on the piggy back on the Fox shock. This will generally only cause cosmetic damage. So, if that doesnt bother you, then go for it.

Otherwise, stick with Fox specific springs. The steel ones are of course easy to get ahold of. RCS makes Ti springs specifically in the Fox size (as well as the middle 1.43" size), if a Ti spring is what you're after.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseMack10 View Post
    So, while the middle size will fit on the Fox spring collars, the spring will walk around a bit. Because of this, and the fact that it is physically larger, there is a bit more chance for the outside of the spring to rub on the piggy back on the Fox shock. .
    Yup, I had an RCS that moved around quite a bit and ended up rubbing the piggyback and the inside of the shock. Fortunately, not the sensitive areas
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

Glad to Be Alive
    yep get rid of the fox rc4...rumor has it the designer got fired because the shock isn't great...can anyone confirm this rumor
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    yep get rid of the fox rc4...rumor has it the designer got fired because the shock isn't great...can anyone confirm this rumor
    why am i not surprised that you are spouting off rumors?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    I hope this is sarcasm.
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    why am i not surprised that you are spouting off rumors?
    Must of picked up on it at the nail salon.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

Members who have read this thread: 1