What happened to Super T?- Mtbr.com
    SILENCE! I KILL YOU!

What happened to Super T?

Well, at least Josh Bender is out there making trails...

But I wonder what happened to Tyler Klassen? I have not heard of any news about him lately...

Just wondering... I saw a copy of Kranked 5 and the guy is frickin sick... Where's he now?
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

Disco-Superfly
    he made a 6 second appearence in roam...
    he's my favourite rider hate to see him disappear
    he was in a few of the STUND series videos.... until he broke his femur

riding for yeti still I believe.. raceface too
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    he made a 6 second appearence in roam...
    he's my favourite rider hate to see him disappear
    he was in a few of the STUND series videos.... until he broke his femur

riding for yeti still I believe.. raceface too
    Definitely not riding for Yeti anymore.I've seen him a few time in Whistler riding a Giant Glory FR...

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by tuumbaq
    Definitely not riding for Yeti anymore.I've seen him a few time in Whistler riding a Giant Glory FR...
    neat
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i believe tyler and chris glew opened a bike shop together.
    WWW.BIKEBREWERY.COM which also happenes to be a giant dealer.

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Right now, everyone's definition of freeride is doing stunts, like BMX, not just by riding off the beaten path...

Super T, Simmons, Bender, (the old school freeriders) are freeriders in their purest form.

The new ones are definitely better, but IMO just looks like BMX dirt jumpers, only with bigger bikes.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

i drink shower water
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebomber
    Right now, everyone's definition of freeride is doing stunts, like BMX, not just by riding off the beaten path...

Super T, Simmons, Bender, (the old school freeriders) are freeriders in their purest form.

The new ones are definitely better, but IMO just looks like BMX dirt jumpers, only with bigger bikes.
    i consider that slopestyle...its a shame that a lot of people are heading to the park. Dont get me wrong groomed jumps can be fun but people should be taking their park tricks to the back country.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by hab1b
    i consider that slopestyle...its a shame that a lot of people are heading to the park. Dont get me wrong groomed jumps can be fun but people should be taking their park tricks to the back country.

Amen to that. for me "freeride" is when you go off the beaten path and ride freely, taking on Mother F'n Nature.

Slopestyle is an evolution, not the definition.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebomber

bomber,

This is a good point you bring up. I wish BMX freestyle and dirt jumping had stayed out of mtbing and remained a separate "category" of riding. I agree that today's mtbing looks more like BMX to me. I don't want to see people hit a 6 pack or throw no footers and can-cans on a mtb.

Don't get me wrong here, I admire BMX riders and totally respect their ability, and I agree with you that the skill levels of the new breed of 'slopestyle' riders is much higher. I started out DJing myself but that was on a 20" bike. And I still mess around on dirt jumps today. However, as an "old school" mtb'er I just wished the lines between the 2 disciplines had remained more definitive. And I know this sentiment is shared by a lot of the old-school freeriders. I was watching an interview with Northshore legend "Dangerous" Dan Cowan and he echoed this sentiment recently.

But I guess that is the whole essence of "freeriding"...

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowpug
    bomber,

This is a good point you bring up. I wish BMX freestyle and dirt jumping had stayed out of mtbing and remained a separate "category" of riding. I agree that today's mtbing looks more like BMX to me. I don't want to see people hit a 6 pack or throw no footers and can-cans on a mtb.

Don't get me wrong here, I admire BMX riders and totally respect their ability, and I agree with you that the skill levels of the new breed of 'slopestyle' riders is much higher. I started out DJing myself but that was on a 20" bike. And I still mess around on dirt jumps today. However, as an "old school" mtb'er I just wished the lines between the 2 disciplines had remained more definitive. And I know this sentiment is shared by a lot of the old-school freeriders. I was watching an interview with Northshore legend "Dangerous" Dan Cowan and he echoed this sentiment recently.

But I guess that is the whole essence of "freeriding"...

Yeah, the line is almost totally gone, and now, just because you can throw it down in a park in a MTB makes you a "freerider".

I saw one guy in an older "Where is Super T?" thread say that big mountain freeride (you know, hucking off cliffs) is dead.

I just watched ALL of the NWD films, and it showed the trend of the sport, from hucking in dangerous terrain to sanitized, clean jump parks.

Of course, guys like Wayne Goss, Kyle Strait (former Junior DH World #3), and Cedric (perennial fav of mine) are people at home on a DH course, huck cliffs, and at the park.

but now you have guys like Pritzel and Basagoitia who are purely dirt jumpers, which I could only watch in awe as they spin, twist, and dance in mid air.

Though I'm just 21, I still prefer the old school style of freeriding (you know, ride where you want), because IMO that is the true spirit of things, ride where your instincts tell you. If there's a cliff, go for it! Just don't kill yourself in the process.

Shwing
    here he is >>>>
    Nothing Else Matters...

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by nano5467
    here he is >>>> [/IMG]

right...

Members who have read this thread: 0