What fork would buy?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What fork would buy?

I have a 04 Big Hit (how original) and everything I have upgraded on it has been on the cheap. I started DH racing this year and I want to do more and also FR, resort/shuttle riding, etc. I want to stay on the budget tip. I have a Junior T on the bike right now. I have seen Boxxers and 888 for pretty cheap on the internet right now what would you do? I want a better fork but I am not really wanting to spend more than like $500 or so. Any advice?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have a manitou sherman slider on my XTS Moto, I like it. They are 250 for last years model on jensonusa.

Glad to Be Alive
    upgrade your Jr T to a Super T....al you do is buy new cartridges....or send it to Marzocchi if you don't know how.

888's will be too tall
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    I agree with SMT, upgrade your Jr to a Super. Should be @ $300 I believe. Or if you can find a deal, check out an 06 Boxxer Team or Ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

no way Jose'!

Don't upgrade that JrT. SPend the dough on a 888 and forget about it. The bighit has an adjustable headangle which helps with the tall fork. I see tons of people riding Bighit with the "tall" 888's and they love'em. The "feel" of the 888 is well worth the extra scratch. I've seen 888's with the lowrider crowns for around 500.00. Just gotta hunt abit. You'll always wonder if you should have just gone for the 888 after you upgrade your JrT. Forget it. get the 888's and have no regrets.

Members who have read this thread: 0