What fork for my P2???- Mtbr.com
    ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

What fork for my P2???

hey, I was thinking of buying a Manitou Stance Flow ( I know there´s a recall on them...)for my P2, what do you think?? I want the bike for doing mostly urban stuff, some light freeride & dj , I like the fork because its cheap....but do you think it would be too much travel to my P2??I know that the travel can be set to 12cm but hey since I buy a fork with 15cm why shouldnt I use it??otherwise, does it void the warranty of the frame??regards...juan

mtbr member
    It definitely won't void any warrantees. As far as it being too much travel, that really just depends on how you like your bike to feel and handle. If you like a slacker head angle, then it'll be just fine, and again if you don't like it, you can always run it in 12cm mode, which is (I think) the travel that the stock fork has.

Yay
    The Stance Flow would be a good fork if your trying to save some mula. If you want a little more beef, take a look at the new 05' Sherman Jumper. The travel is 110mm which is perfect for a P bike. Its the same fork that comes on the 05' P3. I just got an 05' P3 and I love the Sherman Jumper.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, -WOW- What a ride...!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Careful

Be careful the BB height is already super low. If you throw a Sherman Jumper on it then it will only lower it more. If you are doing nothing but dj then go for the Jumper. Otherwise search for something that has a travel adjust. The Sherman Flick would be a good choice. I run it on my P.1 and I do dj and FR with no problems. The fork has a travel adjust from 150mm to 120mm which is helpful when doing one or the other.

Tim
    www.forkhouse.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I had a P2 with a DJIII on it and did lots of Dj and urban stuff...works out great... alittle heavy but its very strong... bastards stole my bike a few days ago.
    I eat your babies!!!

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LycraLizard
    Be careful the BB height is already super low. If you throw a Sherman Jumper on it then it will only lower it more. If you are doing nothing but dj then go for the Jumper. Otherwise search for something that has a travel adjust. The Sherman Flick would be a good choice. I run it on my P.1 and I do dj and FR with no problems. The fork has a travel adjust from 150mm to 120mm which is helpful when doing one or the other.

Tim
    www.forkhouse.com
    no worries about the height of the bb....the stock fork is only 100mm!!!! so any improvement of the fork would to raise the bb.... , anyway I think Im going to go for tyhe stance flow....it seems like a sherman but heavier....how about the internals?? anybody knows if are there similar to Sherman´s????
    I thought P series can only run a 125mm fork (or less, obviously...)this is why I asked the warranty question,,.....regards..

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    any fork over 125 mm will void your warranty(i have a 130mm marz z1 drop off on my P2 and specialized said my warranty has been voided). No worries, the frame is plenty strong enough for a 150 mm fork unless you are casing like 10 foot drops to flat and landing on your front wheel. (if you didnt die first)
    For sale:
    Jamis Dakar Sport Full Suspension XC Bike 2001
    Marzocchi EXR comp 2004

Email me at [email protected] for more details.

N* Bomber Crew
    Go for a Jumper. I have a DJIII on my Foes, works great. I think its around the travel you want too.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew