What do you think of the new Cane Creek Double Barrel?- Mtbr.com
    East Coast Style

What do you think of the new Cane Creek Double Barrel?

I was possibly looking into one for my karpiel. I dont know of anyone who has ridden one, so yeah. What do you guys think?
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I think it's too new, I doubt anyone's ridden one yet

No known cure

I've only sat on one...

Quote Originally Posted by acdcfan1283
    I was possibly looking into one for my karpiel. I dont know of anyone who has ridden one, so yeah. What do you guys think?
    It was at Mammoth on a Morewood DH bike. It had a ti spring also. But, other than the rebound feeling really good, I couldn't tell you anything more except that it looks pretty sick. Some piggyback rez shocks won't work on Karps BTW.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Shaman
    Apr 2004
    I rode one on a Demo 8 at interbike. Pretty amazing amount of adjustment and it felt really different from what I am used too (it had kind of a dead feel to it, not as lively as the Romac on my Havoc). I think it may be the next great shock but it is hard to tell without spending more time adjusting it and timing runs (the only way to really know if a shock is working better).
    Skills coaching loved by passionate riders of all levels and trusted by the pros.
    www.betterride.net

Glad to Be Alive
    Best advice...never buy the first year production of anything...there will always be small errors they fix on the second run (year)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

East Coast Style
    It looks really sick from reading about it and what not, but since it is a first year I am shaky. yeah I will probably end up with an avalanche or a DHX. Thanks.
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Freeriding Feline

Too $$$

I think it's too expensive. Save some cash and go with what works. Fox DHX 5.0. That Cane is too new like everyone is saying.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Most of us would not be able to use the settings to their full extent anyway.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Shaman
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    Most of us would not be able to use the settings to their full extent anyway.
    A bigger truth was never spoken! I am amazed at the amount of money riders spend on trick things like the latest greatest shock or shock revalve expecting it to some how make them a better rider. Why not use the shock your bike came with and spend the money learning to actually ride faster?
    Skills coaching loved by passionate riders of all levels and trusted by the pros.
    www.betterride.net

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I rode with chris herndon, a cane creek sponsored rider and he was extremly pleased with it. It was so responsive you could push it down with your finger. Cane creek is an awesome company, I wouldn't hesitate getting one!

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterRide
    A bigger truth was never spoken! I am amazed at the amount of money riders spend on trick things like the latest greatest shock or shock revalve expecting it to some how make them a better rider. Why not use the shock your bike came with and spend the money learning to actually ride faster?
    I agree with you to a point. I tend to buy a level or two above what I think I need to leave some room to grow. I don't want to be buying new stuff every season because it's holding me back. But generally speaking I say if you want it, and it proves to be a quality product in your price range, go for it. First of all, who's to say any of these guys are not at the level where they could put the shock to use? Second, people pushing high end technology is good for all of us. Eventually it will trickle down to the products that fall in my range and that's just more choices for the rest of us.

East Coast Style
    thanks for all the advice guys. appreciate it!
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Best advice...never buy the first year production of anything...there will always be small errors they fix on the second run (year)
    werd, Marz 66 is a great example. So is the Fox 40 for that matter.

Giant STP 06
    Double barrel, new Manitou, DHX (pushd at that), ROCO, titanium springs...

I really want to get one, but I dont...I need to be persuaded to keep my Swinger 4-way

Or not

I have no idea what I'm going to do...new shock or not, which one, blah blah blah, I hate it. Same with a new fork...and everything else.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterRide
    Except some of us can actually use and understand the settings. Maybe some morons who can't turn a few knobs and ride good enough to feel the difference between adj. shouldn't get one, but the truth is anyone can be faster from a better adjusted and performing shock. Of course, noone knows what they feel like yet so theres no need to judge, but to say innovation is bad is just retartded, unless you ride a rigid. Sh!t, everyone should ride Vanillas R and spend more time riding than messing with their shock.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

East Coast Style
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaStinky05
    Double barrel, new Manitou, DHX (pushd at that), ROCO, titanium springs...

I really want to get one, but I dont...I need to be persuaded to keep my Swinger 4-way

Or not

I have no idea what I'm going to do...new shock or not, which one, blah blah blah, I hate it. Same with a new fork...and everything else.

im an idiot, but what do you mean by pushd?
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Giant STP 06
    Quote Originally Posted by acdcfan1283
    im an idiot, but what do you mean by pushd?
    Have PUSH do stuff to it http://www.pushindustries.com/

Innovate or die!
    fox 40 had production errors?

Or not because they left the design unchanged for 06. There were all these rumors of the first run having a defective lowers casing...... i have feb 05 casing on my fork and originally had the nov 04 casing......... exact same.

Can't screw with fox, they actually test stuff before it goes out to the market, best company in bike industry, hands down.

fox 40. Voted best "new" product for 06 by me.

PS to get on subject, yes i have heard very good things about the cane creek, but a custom valved (PUSH industries) DHX will cost you around 550, and a stock cane creek costs around 800. (Both without spring)

For that difference, get a Ti spring, its a much greater upgrade than getting nitpicky about damping, and it has a noticible effect.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by j6105
    fox 40 had production errors?

Or not because they left the design unchanged for 06. There were all these rumors of the first run having a defective lowers casing...... i have feb 05 casing on my fork and originally had the nov 04 casing......... exact same.

Can't screw with fox, they actually test stuff before it goes out to the market, best company in bike industry, hands down.

fox 40. Voted best "new" product for 06 by me.

PS to get on subject, yes i have heard very good things about the cane creek, but a custom valved (PUSH industries) DHX will cost you around 550, and a stock cane creek costs around 800. (Both without spring)

For that difference, get a Ti spring, its a much greater upgrade than getting nitpicky about damping, and it has a noticible effect.
    Nothing against Fox or the 40 but they seemed to have an unusually high rate of cracks forming in the lowers. One bad production run can hurt a products image. While Fox is known for top notch customer service, its still a pain to send a fork in for replacement.

East Coast Style
    yeah ive heard about bad lowers too. the cane creek was running about 675 with a steel coil, and 800 with a titanium. I might send my R/C to Push to get it upgraded, and buy it a new coil as well.
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Members who have read this thread: 0