what do you think about the giant faith- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

what do you think about the giant faith

hey im just wondering what do you guys think of the giant faith 1. i know its got a great spec and seems awesome. decline says its 43.55 pounds so not too bad. think they're worth $3500?

SamIAm
    i tried out the largest one they had and im 6'2 and it felt way small on me...and i ride a haro 8.3 med. the cockpit was very compact. kept hitting my knees on the handlebars. but if i didnt have that prob then i think it would be super
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    i think there sweet looking, never tried one out tho

mtbr member
    ya im about 6''. i don't really think i would buy one but before i decided not to i wanted to hear some other peoples opinions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    ya im about 6''. i don't really think i would buy one but before i decided not to i wanted to hear some other peoples opinions.
    my friend just bought a faith 3, its getting here on monday, if u can wait till then i can give u some reviews

mtbr member
    ya that'd be cool thanks. im just interested because they seem sick and i ride a HT but think its time for a full susp.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    They are pretty heavy, but speced well.

mtbr member

Faith

srry for this post.
    Last edited by NorcoRider; 07-08-2005 at 02:24 PM.

mtbr member

Faith

I've had my faith 1 for about 3 months now. I love this bike. It may be a little bit heavy but its a freeride bike. The 66RC and DHX 4.0 are a great pair and they work smooth together. THe biggest drop I have taken was only 6 feet so far but it soaked it up very good and it was to flat concrete.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    I really liked the concept when I saw it last year at IB and given all the positive reviews of the Trance & Reign that I've read, the suspension sounds sweet.

My one reservation about it, is the tiny seat tube. Interupted seat tubes are a hassle as it is, but the ones on the Faiths are tiny. Other than that, I'd say pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    hey im just wondering what do you guys think of the giant faith 1. i know its got a great spec and seems awesome. decline says its 43.55 pounds so not too bad. think they're worth $3500?
    The Faith is a very freeride (jumps, stunts, bike parks) specific bike. Hence the top tube is slightly shorter than a standard "DH" bike. The 1 comes in somewhere about 40 lbs. Not bad for a "hardcore" specific freerode bike.

The suspension works as advertised. The handling is spot on (although with the height of the 66 it throw off guys that like the steeper headangle.

I am 6'2" and have ridden the 18", and now ride the 20". Here is a photo of me on one off a small drop...
    Attached Images Attached Images

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    one ugly bike as far as im concerned but hey people sleep with fat chicks too, so each to his own i guess...

nice spec and geometry though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i really, really dont like the faiths. for one, they are ass ugly. 2, if you look at the frame, the only spot the whole rear meets the front is that little section on the downtube. i dont care how engineered the bike is, thats a weak spot in the frame, and i could imagine a fair deal of flex comming from that point. ive never ridden um, but i just dont like um. theres just to much metal there that doesnt do anything. way too compliated of a design. the Reigns on the other hand, are cool little bikes.

pwn3rator
    i hear they are o.k...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

mTbRider
    Jul 2005
    I've been riding a Faith 2 for about a month and a half or so. Giant's website has (or had) them spec'd with a 3-way swinger and some cheap front der., but everyone is getting them with the 4-way swinger and a saint front der. I just got back from three and a half days of riding at Mammoth and the bike handles great on high speed runs. The shock is real adjustable so you can set-up a feel that can match just about anyone’s taste (I run mine with about 75 psi in the SPV chamber, the range is 50-175) and I really don't notice much pedal bob when glued to the seat and it is still real plush = 8". You gotta run stiffer springs in the Jr. Ts for any real riding, I have the HSCV upgrade as well. Light weight fork that still handles pretty good like this. You’ll probably want to get a chain guide too (just ordered E-13) if you ride hard. I've hit some good dirt packs as well and the bike jumps really well (I was worried about this cause I'm coming off a dirt jump Kona hardtail). I'm 5'8" and ride a medium, which fits my style like a glove. Anything in particular you want to inquire about?