What do you think about FluidFlow?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What do you think about FluidFlow?

Hello guys,
    I just wonder what do you think about the new Manitou damping technology, the FluidFlow. It is an advanced TPC+, isn't it? Just wonder coz I like the new Stance Static/Flow, and want to know more about their damping.
    If anyone has any experiences or whatever please write it.

Coldfire
    LIVE FREE
    BE BRAVE
    RIDE HARD

Bob Saget Fan
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire
    Hello guys,
    I just wonder what do you think about the new Manitou damping technology, the FluidFlow. It is an advanced TPC+, isn't it? Just wonder coz I like the new Stance Static/Flow, and want to know more about their damping.
    If anyone has any experiences or whatever please write it.

Coldfire
    It' s not an advanced TPC+, its a cheaper damping then tpc and that's why they will be alot less expensive. It should be comparable to the marzocchi ssv damping or maybe slightly better. I hope the damping is not going to suffer from spiking like the ssv stuff.

mtbr member
    So you would choose a Sherman Jumper over the Stance Static?
    LIVE FREE
    BE BRAVE
    RIDE HARD

Bob Saget Fan
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire
    So you would choose a Sherman Jumper over the Stance Static?
    Well they are quite different, the static is heavier and has steel stanchions with rebound adjustments. The Jumper is lighter, more adjustable, you can adjust the compresion dampening to make it more progresive and you can also adjust the rebound. It all depends on your budget. For street and dj's, you won't see much of a difference. Anyways the jumper only has 3inches of travel so its pretty much dj/street specific.

mtbr member
    Fluidflow is Manitou's version of SSV... I guess we'll have to see if it has the same high-speed spiking problems as SSV.
    ...he said "young man pay heed, you listen well to what i say, now there comes a time for a man to walk away"

mtbr member
    I had a FF on my old Black......never noticed it packing up at high speed, seemed smoother than SSV too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulC
    freeriding ain't safe. sooner or later you will hurt or kill yourself.yer spokes aint' gonna make any difference less'n you get yer johnson caught in them

Members who have read this thread: 0