What do you love about drops?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

What do you love about drops?

I will tell you what I love. The sound. The hum of my tires rolling along the ground right before a drop, then the quiet, then the landing. I really dig the sound of the tires leaving the ground, call it poetic, but it was some good riding last night.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bush_belay
    I will tell you what I love. The sound. The hum of my tires rolling along the ground right before a drop, then the quiet, then the landing. I really dig the sound of the tires leaving the ground, call it poetic, but it was some good riding last night.

sam whith jumps. love the silence

mtbr member

Their sense of humour...

...as they stand there laughing at me when I'm picking myself up off the lower ground!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    The feeling of invincibility after going bigger then ever before, o and almost shitting your pants when ur about to hit it.

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    "right when your wheels leave the ground, you know if your going to sink or swim"

if your gunnu swim, it feels so good. then feeling the nice tranny when you land

but if your gunnu sink, its one of the scariest feelings, cause you know your going down. especially going over the bars

Glad to Be Alive
    the accomplishment
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

fungus amongus
    theres nothin i love more than a hard landing
    don't do anything else but ride bicycles..I'm a very complex individual

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188c
    i like flying though the air
    very good derek, you geta sticker for today

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188c
    boy u got nothing
    you said that about 248349058 times today on the furmsss

livin' a lie--TIMMY!!!
    The fact that you don't realize how much speed you've picked up by falling until you hit the ground again; especially when there's a tranny involved...

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Good point on the speed thing. When you hit a big drop to tranny it feels like you're just hanging there in the air and then suddenly you're going 50mph.

By the way, who is that smoking hot dame in your avatar?

Edit: Ahh Racheal Bilson, I see now that I clicked on it.

not really a noob
    the feeling of "oooo crap what did i get myself into" right before you take off and then "i am a god" when you land
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

Freeriding Feline

Drops

I love :
    The feeling that I've done something only a choice few can understand and appreciate.

The smoothness, the flow, when everything is right, the ride is just perfect and I'm hitting everything I planned to.

The wind sound through the helmet.
    I guess it sounds corny but it's all true.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member

Recovery

After smashing my face into the ground from heading over the bars, picking myself up, shaking out the cobwebs, checking the stinky for damage, limping home in the saddle, then two weeks of aching recovery. Not the greatest of feelings, but motivation to land it right next time.

Disco-Superfly
    How cool I am when im the only one of my buds that can do it....

I like the scariness factor.... fcck it and huck it, thats the best about drops/ jumps, becuase while you are running in; the ajrenalin* is pumping
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

izumusx988
    When the 1st time you do something and your shaking and your heart is pounding, and if you land it you fell really good
    -Rob

Northeast Sovereign racing - Morewood bikes-maxxis-hayes-e13

mtbr member
    The feeling, before you hit it, that you are absolutely mental for even attempting this, you don't have the skill, you are going to die, then you land it. then you ride away. Then you are a different person.

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickqid
    The feeling, before you hit it, that you are absolutely mental for even attempting this, you don't have the skill, you are going to die, then you land it. then you ride away. Then you are a different person.
    Thats what im talking about, and if you crash it was so scary it doesnt hurt...... love it
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by j_a_k_e_69@hotmail.com
    Thats what im talking about, and if you crash it was so scary it doesnt hurt...... love it
    Yea, I love realizing that I'm hurt half an hour later. Ther greatest feeling. Then theres also the fact that I seem to say the funniest things right before I pedal in, may just be me though, or the adrenaline intoxicated mental state...
    Last edited by Lickqid; 10-13-2005 at 06:13 PM.

Pro Crastinator
    i like the part where i'm flying thru the air wondering if my bar is going to snap......

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i like the part where i'm flying thru the air wondering if my bar is going to snap......
    like you really hesitate thinking that poseur
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Just that split second where nothing else matters... (assuming you're going to make it that is...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I love the way you laugh at your stupid a$$ for going over the bars then the scream like a little baby as you try to get back up and realize your arms broken and isnt going to be any use picking you back up. Thats just super-duper

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    the feeling of free falling. but it puzzles me how any of you acomplish anything with such negative mind sets...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I love the satisfaction and pride you get when you finally get the balls to do something you knew you could do but were too scared to try. There are so many stunts I genuinely believe I can do but that 1% of doubt holds me back. I love it when I can confirm what I've been telling myself and my buddies. I guess it's that superstar feeling that few would understand. That and the adrenaline rush...

mtbr member
    Yes! All these things.

The silence.

The fear/adrenaline rush that are two sides to the same coin... it's that feeling in the pit of your stomach that tells you, you're about to do something that is completely contrary to self-preservation, and an unseen hand touches your shoulder telling you to step way from the edge. You ignore this, confident that your skill and nerve will overcome the degree of difficulty, and that fear and hesitation are your worst enemies.

It's as if there's a line somewhere that you cross, when the fear adrenaline turns to rush adreanline. Perhaps it's when you know you've done it, and you've conquered that fear. That rush and sense of triumph can't be bought at any price.

-sunny

Members who have read this thread: 0