what to do?- Mtbr.com

Thread: what to do?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

what to do?

im sorry if you guys get alot of " what bike threads" here, i would have posted on pinkbike but it seems asking about bikes on a bike website gets you attacked..

anywho. im trying to figure out if i should get a new biek next year or not, im riding a 2004 stinky dee right now, with 7 inch 66rc's. and i just dont really liek the bike, its really high off the ground, and it pedals liek **** aswell. its only fun when im riding down hills on it.

im thinking of getting an 06 sx trail, or possibly one of the new switches, ive only seen pictures of wade riding one though, havent actually seen the bike.

so what do you think,, would it be a good idea to try and sell my bike for like 2000 canadian, and then try to get my hands on a smaller feeling bike like a switch or sx trail?

my other option would be to buy a dhx 5 for my bike, which woudl make it pedal nice, but still wouldnt solve my problems with uber slackniss and ride height.

thanks!

pwn3rator
    you should slap that *****...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scabrider
    you should slap that *****...
    thanks man!

anyone else have any coments?

Glad to Be Alive
    maybe look into a Bullitt....but really what type of terrain are you riding, what do you want to ride and what are your goals as far as riding
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    woops, i shoudl have added that, my bad.

umm, i do alot of dirt jumping, not liek bmx style stuff, like step downs into big dubles and stuff. i like riding down steep cliffs and stuff( thats the only thing my biek seems fun on) and i also love going trail riding, both on mellow singtracks were you can just let go of the brakes and rip it, and the kind that take ya 3 hours to get down a mountain. i dont really do any crazy hucking unless 30 foot gaps is hardcore?

so yah, hope that helps out some.

mtbr member
    a bullit sounds good for your type of riding. i dont know too much about switchs but i think they would work too. maybe a yeti asx?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~NWS~
    im sorry if you guys get alot of " what bike threads" here, i would have posted on pinkbike but it seems asking about bikes on a bike website gets you attacked..

anywho. im trying to figure out if i should get a new biek next year or not, im riding a 2004 stinky dee right now, with 7 inch 66rc's. and i just dont really liek the bike, its really high off the ground, and it pedals liek **** aswell. its only fun when im riding down hills on it.

im thinking of getting an 06 sx trail, or possibly one of the new switches, ive only seen pictures of wade riding one though, havent actually seen the bike.

so what do you think,, would it be a good idea to try and sell my bike for like 2000 canadian, and then try to get my hands on a smaller feeling bike like a switch or sx trail?

my other option would be to buy a dhx 5 for my bike, which woudl make it pedal nice, but still wouldnt solve my problems with uber slackniss and ride height.

thanks!
    get a lower fork like a z1. all those bikes are the same and will have similar bb heights. have your shock pushed.

mtbr member
    between the two bikes i would go witht he sxt but the nextyears will have 6.6inches of travel. even the regualr enduro might suit your needs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    my friend has a bullit and i dont really liek it, i cant tell what it is but sumthing feels really weird about it.

i think i coudl probably get a bit of a deal on a switch because my local shop is a rocky dealer, and they always give me deals on the stuff i buy, i just havent seen what a switch looks liek yet. one of the new ones that is.

Members who have read this thread: 0