What current nagging injuries do you have?- Mtbr.com
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004

What current nagging injuries do you have?

i have:

both my wrists are tweaked, i can ride with them but i pull them and i have to hang out for about 5 minutes before i can ride some more

i think i have a broken toe, i wrecked at sea otter and the swelling hasnt come down yet

and my fingers on my right hand are all jacked up, i cant push my little finger back very far (also a sea otter wreck)

thats all i got now
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    i have:

both my wrists are tweaked, i can ride with them but i pull them and i have to hang out for about 5 minutes before i can ride some more

i think i have a broken toe, i wrecked at sea otter and the swelling hasnt come down yet

and my fingers on my right hand are all jacked up, i cant push my little finger back very far (also a sea otter wreck)

thats all i got now
    One of my ankles is tweaked the same way as your wrists.
    Annoying infection covers about a 1/4 of my forearm.
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Sore neck from hitting a tree and flipping and poison ivy all over my arm.

Stack Daddy
    Jan 2004

Hands

i have:

thats all i got now
    I have hurt a few knuckles, enough that I can't play my guitar 3 months after the injury occurred. I swear they take FOREVER to heal. Doesn't help that I'm an auto mechanic! Toes take awhile too. I wish someone would come up with steel toe DH shoes.

mtbr member
    i have:

thats all i got now
    i had shoulder surgery in march and cant do jumps and to much stuff to mess my shoulder up again...august i will hopefully be back to normal!!

For Those About To Ride
    A stitched up finger...

Buckle Up
    papercut on my left thumb...
    <><

mtbr member
    Nipple rash...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

Reviewer/Tester
    Right knee is stuffed, right shoulder the same, various bruises everywhere.. but i'm doing ok..

I can still ride, which is good..

R.

For Those About To Ride
    If bruises count i havo lots of them.,

screw road bikes
    broken wrist 6 months and counting

My lower back is also way tweaked from riding a borrowed trials bike for long periods of time.
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm a lacrosse goalie so my shins are pretty beat up, right now I have trouble putting pressure on my right shin.. I also have osgood schlatter's disease in my right knee and 2 broken toes that never really healed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw8899
    I'm a lacrosse goalie so my shins are pretty beat up, right now I have trouble putting pressure on my right shin.. I also have osgood schlatter's disease in my right knee and 2 broken toes that never really healed.
    I think i have that right now. Right below my knee... It hurts like a ***** whenever i getup after sitting for a while...

Did you ever get a bike?
    what were is gnarcal

pwn3rator
    i mashed my right knee in a water polo game...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Just Ride
    my shins are disgustingly bloody and swolen. thats the biggest thing... ive broken or dislocated nearly all my fingers (not all from riding) so they start to hurt sometimes. i got scabs on my forearms. my inner legs are bruised to hell from death gripping the saddle while learning barspins. sore upper back from aububacas(sp?) caslysted palms. cuts from work. im doing pretty good. i just like showing up at school all bloody. cept when i have to explain to people and they're like "how'd your pedal do that? arnt they just peices of plastic?"

mtbr member
    to make a long list short i had back surgery last year. i have not ridden in 13 months. i dont think i will get to dh at all this year. i am hoping to be able to ride some tow paths this year.

mtbr member
    i dont have any serious injuires but my knee caps are starting to hurt from all the extreme sports i do. I think im gonna have bad knees. Plus lacrosse doesnt help much
    Sully

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    -ummmm gimpy left shoulder from some gimp changing the lips on a creek gap, atm it just feels like it's gonna pop lifting my fat bike onto my bikerack.
    -gimpy left foot from breaking it 2 yrs ago but still gets sore whenever i land hard on it
    -i got a deep thigh bruise in my right leg * most embaressing crash ever ;p dont carry your cellphone in your pocket lol* and got a permanent indent and it hurts to bend down
    - lower back is also tweaked from slipping off a skinny hooking my front tire, doing a frontflip and landing flat of my lower back on a log

i'm accident prone ;D

i went to the dr a cple weeks ago to get my right leg looked at, she laughed at me and said i was a mess ;p got cuts and bruises all over indent in the thigh, mega bruise on it bruised knee's etc.
    Last edited by AKRida; 05-22-2005 at 06:17 PM.

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    Weak/sore right wrist and hand, bruised right hip, lots of cuts and scraps.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    both elbows swollen, bloody, and resisting movement and a cut up hip and shoulder
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    both elbows swollen, bloody, and resisting movement and a cut up hip and shoulder
    im guessing that has something to do with u twisting your brand new lowers?
    Sully

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBSully
    im guessing that has something to do with u twisting your brand new lowers?
    Yep...

When my wheel is pointed straightforward the arch is angles ~20 degrees to the left, and the right stanchion tube protrudes out more. I just tried to remove the fork from the crowns to send it in to RockShox, and it doesn't wanna come out so I dunno what's up.
    JackNugz

no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

650 yay area
    wrist still gives me trouble after breaking it last year

mtbr member
    I fawked the tendon in my left elbow, and everytime i put my arm straight out, and push down, it feels like my arm is dislocating because the tendon is slipping...
    what were is gnarcal

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kadvang
    wrist still gives me trouble after breaking it last year
    Word? I broke mine 2 summers ago and it never set right.
    JackNugz

mtbr member
    i just have really bad poison ivy. possibly the worst out of all of you guys.

650 yay area
    yeah man i hafta tape it for everyting... if i even like rest my weight on it for a little it hurts

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I injured my ACL last November and had reconstructive surgery in January. No biking for about six more months. It really sucks!
    Drewski

“The Beatings will Continue Until Morale Improves”

mtbr member
    NBR but yeah i know what u mean. I was running on a trail in bare feet (yeah thats how we roll up there in NH on the lake) and i stubbed by toe so hard that it broke. Its still is sore every once and a while
    Sully

Can't get right...
    I've got terminal BLUEBALLS. i've got days to live...
    I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy...

If misery was money i'd be the richest man on the planet.

Bike Hoor
    Superman-induced, tweaked left wrist. I wear 661 wrist support, but to now avail. I am noticing an elbow flair up as well from falling off a teeter.
    Pedalling the goods since 2002.
    http://www.boutiquebikes.com

mtbr member
    my ankle is kindda teaked from about 2 weeks ago when my bike ghost shifted. also my chainring went into my leg. Also lots of road rashes, but nothing much yet.

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kadvang
    yeah man i hafta tape it for everyting... if i even like rest my weight on it for a little it hurts
    hell yeah...broke my left wrist 2 times last season...still feelin it...after last saturday, my right wrist isnt far behind. . im using the 661 wrist gaurds now and they work very good. give me plenty of support.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i crashed in my race run today, skinning both my elbows and put a fatty bruise on my thigh. thats about it right now. good luck on getting ur lowers replaced Jack.

painfully ordinary
    about a month ago, I over shot a double and landed flat, and trashed my shoulder, went to the doc, nothing is torn, but is badly spraighned. So that was a good time to sell my frame and get a new one, (while I was taking some time to heal) so now Im looking at a new demo 9 and cant really get down on it cause Im still healing, saving myself for Whistler in June, whas gonna go this week-end, but didnt work out. any way, now it hurts to look at my bike and not ride like I want to.
    I got nuthin......

mtbr member
    i have:

thats all i got now
    Did this back in Feb

Last edited by Axis; 05-23-2005 at 11:05 AM.

mtbr member
    the left side of my neck and my left shoulder are hit or miss. Right now itis bugging out and my head is sideways. Maybe I should type like

t
    h
    i
    s

"Its All Good"
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - $%&*# what a ride!!!!
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Renegade of Krunk
    Right now I have none..because, its usually 100* or more from around 10am - dark and I don't have any motivation to ride in hot ass weather around my neighborhood and at one smaller dj. I got my license today (woo, 100% *****es) so I'm gonna be driving to a ski resort to hit the dh runs there, since it's usually 20* or more cooler.

To sum it all up, Phoenix sucks!
    I'm not new to this, I'm true to this

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    Did you ever get a bike?
    pffffffff

Proud lame eBiker
    I stil can't ride. It's been a little over a month now.
    Riding the moto-bike and got sideways next to a 4x4 wooden fence and stuck my left knee into a 4x4 upright at about 20-25mph. Twisted it all up and obviously pretty banged up.
    Luckily there is nothing broken...or even torn. All the ligaments and tendons are intact. But there is severe pain in the lower tendon under the kneecap so I'm not able to striaghten my leg while in a seating position. And I can't put any weight on it while my leg is bent. So no biking for me still.
    Hoping to be ready to go for the opening of N*!

mtbr member
    tored 3 ligaments @ my shoulder, no surgery needed just lots of therapy and weight training. doctor said you need to land on your feet.
    tored my acl and meniscus in left knee, just had surgery back in December. doctor said you need to look for a different sport...

Xtremely Moderate
    From last year:

Both shoulders are tweaked. One is probably a rotator cuff, but I'm afraid to go to the doctor and find out. Hurts to put my arm over my head.

Wrists finally started feeling better a couple months ago after falling off a stunt onto the rocks @ Snowshoe in August of last year.

This year so far:

Still rehabbing dislocated/broken finger from fall in March. I can almost make a fist now.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    I pulled a sweet endo at the massanutten DH race, did a full front flip in the air, and landed with my back straight on a rock (no armor). I still can't bend over fully ;-(
    "Better safe than scarry"

www.3dmtb.net

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBsSd
    I pulled a sweet endo at the massanutten DH race, did a full front flip in the air, and landed with my back straight on a rock (no armor). I still can't bend over fully ;-(
    You are extremely lucky that is all that happened to you.

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    turns out i tore ligaments in my hand and thats why my fingers are jacked...
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

Awesomist™
    I guess my vertebrae from a little over a year ago still bother me sometimes... see avatar eh?

But what's really nagging me right now is this darn fractured femoral head. I stiff legged a bail-out dirtjumping and busted my femur right out of the hip socket, fracturing a little bit of the top in the process. A little titanium and a little time and we'll be all good!

mtbr member
    My left ankle I injured and keep reinjuring skateboarding. At 230 pounds everytime I land even slightly wrong it starts to hurt again.. My left wrist has finally stopped bothering me after about 3 years of pain that I contribute to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The cure was reverse barbell curls, dumbbell wrist curls, ergonomic keyboards, and wristbands. As for my ankle I've been doing reverse calf raises in addition to the regular calf raises I've been doing for years in an effort to strengthen my ankle. Having small joints and being a big dude don't mix.

Glad to Be Alive
    ribs on both sides, both ankles, left wrist, achee right shoulder, stiff right thumb, both pinkies broken and still hurting, and toes
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days