what bike to choose- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

what bike to choose

I am stuck between a santacruz bullit and a gaint reign x0 if i could have some advice it would be great, thanks guys
    (bullit specd. R fr 1.5 kit, dhx 5.0 air, totem twostep air OR fox van 36 RC2)
    (giant specd stock)

banned
    apple or orange.....

really thought u r comparing for two completely different bike, although they are both very nice.

the bullit has a nicer spec, but ima Giant guys and i hate 6.1ds on the bullit so go for the Reign

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    they're uhh...not really THAT different. they're both pretty comparable in terms of strength, and intended use, just the reign will pedals better and not be quite as freeridy and the bullet will pedal similarly to a pogo stick.

i'd go with the reign if that counts for anything, but i have a boner for meastro.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    i would go with the reign i have a reign 3 06' it pedals very well, and i like giant

mtbr member
    the reign definately looks better, and should be lighter, but not as burly...in terms of just looks, go reign

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    you guys are pu$$ys, I pedaled a '99 Bullit up hills for 6 years without the benefit of a platform shock. Man-up and quit being a b*tch!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    reign i think
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    you guys are pu$$ys, I pedaled a '99 Bullit up hills for 6 years without the benefit of a platform shock. Man-up and quit being a b*tch!
    I actually removed the pedals from my bike in order that I could make bike riding less fun, but more manly. I also ride with a rigid fork to prove my arms on strong enough.

Just because you CAN ride a bike that has massive pedal feedback doesn't mean you SHOULD ride a bike with massive pedal feedback. plus theres alot more to pedaling than simply slapping a platform on there - you lose small bump absorbtion that you keep with a linkage system, and a hell of alot of other things. why comprimise when you don't have to.

After all that, I don't think the bullet is a terrible bike...just not as nice as a reign.

StraightOuttaCompton
    reignX=huckable, light and pedalable

Bullit=huckable, pretty heavy, and not so pedalable

there is your difference, now choose by the price and specs to your preference
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Glad to Be Alive
    better suspension....let it reign
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    what about if i where to throw the nomad in there? would that change any of your minds? how would that and the reign compare?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    both of them are pretty awesome trailworthy bikes with a flavor of FR and DH. The bullet is a little more streight up FR than the nomad or reign. I prefer the feel of meastro to VPP, it tends to do a little better pedaling through rocky sections and when i shift my weight about, so thats my preference. try riding both before you decide

Members who have read this thread: 0