What Bike?- Mtbr.com

Thread: What Bike?

RIDE4FUN

What Bike?

Well ive been trying to decide what new bike i want. So far im in debate between the transition blindside, commencal furious, or a new to me built demo 8. I don't race, i just like going down fast and hitting fun ****. Im currently on an older demo 8 and i like it but it's getting time for a new one. Reason on these choices is i can get deals on all of them whether through the shop i work for or my currently broken off friend(ie, the demo 8) who hurt himself and needs to sell his 08 demo 8 and his new 09 (out of price range) Im open to suggestions but preferably under 3 grand.
    thanks

Premium Member
    Demo, hands down.

RIDE4FUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    Demo, hands down.
    its been a good bike for sure i wouldn't mind a change though.

Premium Member
    I wouldn't go to a Blindside (high CoG, lower-quality tubing, etc.) or a Furious (too much of a FR bike) from a Demo if it were me...have you looked at something like the Morewood Izimu or another race bike that can take abuse? The Demo has a very long front-center, and if you're used to it, a more conventional and upright freeride bike might feel weird...

RIDE4FUN
    very true. ive been running mine with the higher bb setting so it is slightly more freeride. ill look at the other thats just where money comes in. my friend has a built 08 for 3k thats hardly seen any abuse thanks to his shoulder putting him in a sling.

RIDE4FUN
    forgot to answer the other question. Yep ive looked at kona, intense, foes, etc. brodie not out of the question either though. friends with some guys at a local shop who carry em.

FeeRideRules
    Apr 2009
    what about a giant glory?
    comes in both FR & DH flavors

I just got my self the Glory FR took it for a 4 hour ride after bringing it home 2day & love it heaps
    It's got:
    juicy threes
    rocks shox F+R
    SRAM X.7s
    race face ride DH cranks
    race face evolve DH seat stem
    race face the pig one point five head stem
    raceface evolve DH riser handle bars
    tires-Kenda nevegal 26x2.5 rear.kenda blue groove 26x2.5 front
    wtb seat
    ringle axles
    supra-BH alex disc rims
    Last edited by OGJON; 05-18-2009 at 05:22 AM.
    ILIKENORTHSHOREANDICANNOTLIE
    glory, glory hallelujah...

any1 guess what bike I ride?

RIDE4FUN
    ive looked at the giants, don't know where i could get a good deal on one locally. i gonna ride my friends demo tomorrow and see what i think. he's asking 3200 for a very well built bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    While it's absent of high-dollar suspension technobabble, if you can get a blindside at a good price, I'd certainly consider it. The geometry is dialed, and it's a pretty versatile bike for someone who is looking for a playful bike that blends DH and FR well. I absolutely love mine. If you find yourself wanting a bike that is nimble yet supple, go take one for a spin.

ready to ride
    Scott gambler?
    N* = <3 <3]

RIDE4FUN
    not looked into scott too much. Yeah i can get a complete blindside from transition for right around 2900.

edit: 2960 to be exact (straight from factory with all the stock stuff)

but then again my friend is selling an extremely well built demo 8 for 3200....

lets call it between these two for now.
    Last edited by mountain_yj; 05-18-2009 at 10:24 PM.

RIDE4FUN
    well i rode the demo today. very fun bike. Quite a bit lighter then my 05 also. i was going to ride my friends blindside but my truck took a sh*t, it ate the belt causing it to overheat and blow the hose off the top of the block, hose is done totally shredded. Maybe i can ride the BS tomorrow. Well see.

Yeah the demo is very smooth and even pretty nimble for having such a long wheel base.
    It has pro internals in the fork and shock, codes, x-0. mavics, and all the other goodies. So ill see how i like the BS if i can ever get to ride it.

Members who have read this thread: 0