• 09-24-2012
    gticlay
    What is with all the Davinci Wilson's at Whistler this year?
    Seems like they out numbered other bikes 2:1 this year. Two years ago it was the Demo frames.
  • 09-24-2012
    [email protected]
    I'm pretty sure they sponsor the bike park. I did get to ride the new Wilson Carbon at Bootleg last week and it was a very good bike. Felt like a lot more than 8.5" of travel.
  • 09-24-2012
    Calhoun
  • 09-25-2012
    Lelandjt
    Sponsor local hero, sell lots of frames to local fans? Also they're a Canadian company.
  • 09-25-2012
    thesacrifice
    Giant is the official park sponsor...

I think the Demo is still the most popular bike there
  • 09-25-2012
    cyclelicious
    PB did a survey of What People are Riding at Whistler in July
    What People are Riding in the Whistler Bike Park - Pinkbike

They did another survey at Silver Star recently
    What People are Riding in the Silver Star Bike Park - Pinkbike
  • 09-25-2012
    .WestCoastHucker.
    the davinci wilson is the evil revolt that doesn't crack every three rides...
  • 09-25-2012
    recitio
    The Demo Shop rents the Wilsons out too. Think they had three or four of them at the start of the season.

The Wilsons are pretty popular in Whistler for sure, and as the poll shows, they are about equally as common as the other big non-Demo8 players: Session, TR, Glory, V10.

Funny because in terms of sales, I have to imagine that the Glory, Session, and Demo outsell the Wilson by a combined 1,000 to 1 at least.
  • 09-26-2012
    PsyCro
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Sponsor local hero, sell lots of frames to local fans? Also they're a Canadian company.

This!! :thumbsup:

Plus it's definitely, in my humble opinion, one of the best bikes out there aaand best looking.
    GO CANADA :thumbsup::D
  • 09-26-2012
    gticlay
    That survey is wrong - there's easily more than 6% of riders on the Wilson up there. Barely saw them 2 years ago.

Anyway, it was merely an observation - they are a very cool looking frame.
  • 09-26-2012
    ronnyg801
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    they are a very cool looking frame.

For sure! Saw one here at the Canyons a brief once over and they look very well built and nice!
  • 09-26-2012
    delirian
    ie een in whistler for almost 3 weeks now, cant say ive noticed many wilsons,,,, most common bikes i see are demos glory and carbon v10's and the flatline, all the usual rental bikes.