Went a little too big!- Mtbr.com
    Air Junkie

Went a little too big!

I went a little too big with brand new bike!. Check out the pics. This is from a year ago with my old brandnew schwinn
    Attached Images Attached Images

kona-tize me captain
    i hope your kidding right. this is a joke, why would u put a boxxer on that frame? unless im missing somethign about that frame being made of super strength metal
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    i hope your kidding right. this is a joke, why would u put a boxxer on that frame? unless im missing somethign about that frame being made of super strength metal
    a joke....nobody would be that dumb
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    haha no it ain't a joke, its m old beefy fr-xc bike, I bought it with the world cups on it. It lasted 3 days, One 40ft gap it was down, I had to walk, covered in blood, to the fire department. It was funny as hell. The looks I got walking through town like that. I now have a proper dh rig.

mtbr member
    If you attemped a 40ft(slightly unbelievable) on a bike like that, then, yea, you deserve to get hurt.

In fact, if you put a dual crown on a bike like that you deserve to get hurt! Sorry, I got no pity fo dat.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by rocpyro
    If you attemped a 40ft(slightly unbelievable) on a bike like that, then, yea, you deserve to get hurt.

In fact, if you put a dual crown on a bike like that you deserve to get hurt! Sorry, I got no pity fo dat.
    Darwinism at it's finest
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Air Junkie
    Quote(If you attemped a 40ft(slightly unbelievable) on a bike like that, then, yea, you deserve to get hurt.)

This was a decent bike for its day (2001)

Just to clarify 40ft double, not 40ft drop that would be plain stupid.

Darwinism at its fullest!

dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Dude, what the hell was the point of this post? Trying to prove that you can brake a bike? Just wondering cuz it seems sort of pointless to me to come onto a forum and for the first day post up stuff saying you break bikes hitting 40ft gaps...
    Throw it down NASTY.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    why you would ride that schwinn on anything but pavement is beyond me. Why you would ride it with a dual crown baffles me.
    and the fact that you're hitting 40 foot doubles (you sure you know how big a foot is?)I dont buy it. if that had happened from landing a 40 foot double, you would have a hard time typing right now.
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    Dude, what the hell was the point of this post? Trying to prove that you can brake a bike? Just wondering cuz it seems sort of pointless to me to come onto a forum and for the first day post up stuff saying you break bikes hitting 40ft gaps...

I caught a picture of Sudden_Judgement trying to break his unicycle
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop

Um...No. I just wanted to share a funny, slightly dumb, painful moment I had, And hopefuly give you guys a laugh or two.

SHIVER ME TIMBERS, How did you get those spy photos of me?

You live and you learn, some times the hard way!
    Last edited by Sudden_Judgement; 09-13-2006 at 06:58 PM.

Glad to Be Alive
    a laugh or two......hmmmmm...........I am sorry.....he upgraded to the mongoose.......the unicycle was 2 weeks ago lol
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:27 AM.

mtbr member
    hehehe no kidding, 40 foot mongoose unicycle with boxxers, who this guy think that smilie does?

resident cynic
    I think the name "Sudden_Judgement" implies much: like the lord suddenly judged that you needed a trip to the ER and maybe the dentist.

dog meat ankles
    I wouldn't jump 40 feet on a two stroke dirt bike.

So, uh...

Yeah, that's suspect.

What's with the dual crown on the Department Store bike?

^vindicator!
    lol i have seen a elite downhill absolute outta of his mind freak doing all the fatal stuff (im ficken crazy but this dude is a walking dead) and he would attempt a 20ft drop on his highly modified dh comp- man he was fooked up even tho he made it. when i sw him do that i though it might have been better for him just to go ahead and jump off a bridge, that wouldnt hurt at all. 40ft... hm that is a 3 store building? rofl
    but if you made it god must have hated you
    amen
    Haha, I was wondering when he was gonna hit the brakes :D

Pro Crastinator
    you guys are all a bunch of cocktards acting as if you've never done something stupid with a bike. i remember when i thought any old bike was just as strong as the next......

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Quote Originally Posted by ^vindicator!
    lol i have seen a elite downhill absolute outta of his mind freak doing all the fatal stuff (im ficken crazy but this dude is a walking dead) and he would attempt a 20ft drop on his highly modified dh comp- man he was fooked up even tho he made it. when i sw him do that i though it might have been better for him just to go ahead and jump off a bridge, that wouldnt hurt at all. 40ft... hm that is a 3 store building? rofl
    but if you made it god must have hated you
    amen
    english isn't your first language is it?
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

Who put that rut there?
    Aug 2004

Hahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    you guys are all a bunch of cocktards acting as if you've never done something stupid with a bike. i remember when i thought any old bike was just as strong as the next......
    Always gotta chime in huh Hucker??That's rad...cocktards!!!! Never heard that word before. How's the foot healing?
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win you are both retards.

Riding with...
    yes its official. MTBR is the new pinkbike. everyones to serious on here. chill out and laugh, dont call him dumb, because hes prob got more balls than half you old guys on here=D
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Isn't the proper etiquette on this forum to wait until he posts a picture of himself dropping it, and then spend 70 posts arguing about how big it is? I mean, let's not jump the gun, without a pic of his bike in the air, we can't have photoshopped triagulations and geometrical equations showing why it's really 2 feet and not 22 feet.
    "Quick, pass the bike up again so i can hit it before it starts to hurt!!"

AIM: Haroracer842

mtbr member
    Dear lord...Boxxer on a Homegrown URT...I'm sure that 7005 series aluminum (They have another word for it...soda cans) loved that.

Mental retardation at its finest.
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

mtbr member
    I think that must be potvinwannabe's brother or something.

If he had a "strong shock" he would have landed it ok.

BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    OoooooOOOOooooooooOOOOoo!!!! Flame Fest '06

mtbr member
    ya, mods delete this or something....it was started for a laugh and will probably end up with someone getin banned

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaLegba
    The frame is from the last year schwinn was good(oxymoron). Before the whole Wal-Mart endevor. It actually suprised the hell outa me! This why you don't buy a "freeride" bike from a xc guy.He said,( "Oh yah that stuff is super stong like quadruplely butted, I've done big drops on that bike" ) It had 5 in the back, it seemed reasonable. Boxxers kinda make you feel invincible. It does look like a walmart bike in the pic though. There's no need for hatin' though. I did it. I felt the bike split in two. I went to the ER. I lived. Then bought a real bike.

Bikes Rule
    40 pinkbike feet = 10 real feet....LOL.

But whatever the distance, anything more than a foot with that set-up was a disaster waiting to happen. Glad you lived, learned and moved on.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I might be a little late but here goes anyway.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=30921

Me hates pinchflat
    When I hear "40ft double on a moongose" I obviously get a bit skeptic
    However, if you really did it, major props to you for having the huevos
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

me like bikes
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaLegba
    I wouldn't jump 40 feet on a two stroke dirt bike.

So, uh...

Yeah, that's suspect.

why not!!!????? that ain't nothing!
    "dropped outta school. no G.E.D. but in these streets i'm a G.O.D."
    -murs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden_Judgement
    The frame is from the last year schwinn was good(oxymoron). Before the whole Wal-Mart endevor. It actually suprised the hell outa me! This why you don't buy a "freeride" bike from a xc guy.He said,( "Oh yah that stuff is super stong like quadruplely butted, I've done big drops on that bike" ) It had 5 in the back, it seemed reasonable. Boxxers kinda make you feel invincible. It does look like a walmart bike in the pic though. There's no need for hatin' though. I did it. I felt the bike split in two. I went to the ER. I lived. Then bought a real bike.
    No, it's 2 model years before Schwinn went under. That's at latest a 1999 (possibly 2000 due to rear disc mount). It had three inches of travel before you demolished it, not five.

The front triangle was made out of the same material, with the same techniques, and likely by the same people this TWO POINT NINE POUND hardtail frame was:

Take that for what it's worth, but most people (including myself) think you deserve a runner-up Darwin Award.

mtbr member
    good fork not so good frame
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by xKREDx
    bad fork not so good frame
    yeah I know
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    can i just ask: why did you go to a fire department ????

ok they might have first aid and stuff but if you could walk there you couldve gone to AE aswell IF this is all true but to me it kinda looks like a few old broken bits thrown down on top of some old clothes for a photo

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    sorta tangent..but why would they put the bb on the swingarm..especially one that thin...?

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by vardiel
    sorta tangent..but why would they put the bb on the swingarm..especially one that thin...?
    because it makes it pedal bob
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

DIRTYAMERICAN
    Apr 2004
    Just because you ride FR on a XC bike...that doesn't make it a FR bike!

Ya, forks way too big for that bike...that's the first thing you notice...

Hope you healed up aight!
    let's roll

El Malo
    I guess the way I see it is as long as it doesn't put others at risk, everyone's free to commit whatever stupidity they like and brag about it cos in the end there will always be ppl like us who will give it attention...
    "... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - "

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I guess the way I see it is as long as it doesn't put others at risk, everyone's free to commit whatever stupidity they like and brag about it cos in the end there will always be ppl like us who will give it attention...
    I'm not braggin', I just wanted to brighten up your day, by showing that there are stupider people in the world than yourself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vardiel
    Suspension design known as the "Unified Rear Triangle". It was effective in keeping pedal bob to a minimum, but it had a major flaw. That flaw being that if you were off the saddle on descents, the suspension didn't work (Because you weren't loading the suspension with your body weight). It pretty much disappeared after 2000, AFAIK.

mtbr member
    If you put a Boxer on an old XC frame you're really asking for it.
    And then you jump it!!! I could've broken that thing road riding.
    Well, I was just riding along when...

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by EliM
    If you put a Boxer on an old XC frame you're really asking for it.
    And then you jump it!!! I could've broken that thing road riding.
    I bought it that way. I knew it wasn't a great frame but it came with really great components and parts. I just took it out for a ride, just for the hell of it, and I geuss that was't such a great idea. The guy I bought it from said he did some 10ft drops with it so I thought it could at least take a big double. I was wrong very wrong. Oh, and I went to the Fire dept. for the paramedics and a mirror. My town's landscape is great for freeride, tons of gaps and drops.

mtbr remember
    sudden judgement, weren't you the poster saying your buddy rides a DK fury with a triple crown? well, in short, he can also expect the same fate. there is no way that his cruiser was designed to have a fork with that tall of an a2c length....
    and by the way, something that is "quadruple butted" would in theory be weaker than something that is less butted (to a point). do you understand what that process is all about?
    Schralp it Heavy.

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    sudden judgement, weren't you the poster saying your buddy rides a DK fury with a triple crown? well, in short, he can also expect the same fate. there is no way that his cruiser was designed to have a fork with that tall of an a2c length....
    and by the way, something that is "quadruple butted" would in theory be weaker than something that is less butted (to a point). do you understand what that process is all about?
    Um...no the Fury is super beefy around the headtube and the fork is 100mm. The geometry is perfectly fine, He's bashed that fury for over two years now with 30+ gaps just about every ride. That bike is amazing! I was being sarcastic with the quadruple butted frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey man, If Sanjay( I mean sudden judgement,sorry) wants to jump his walmart ride with a boxer on the front, so be it. Just as long as he does it when no one else is around. I personally don't want to witness such stupidity. Anyway dude, how did it feel to wreck your ride. I think next time you should step up to a frame with more balls. Maybe a Huffy or one of those cool NEXT frames.

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by steve owens
    Hey man, If Sanjay( I mean sudden judgement,sorry) wants to jump his walmart ride with a boxer on the front, so be it. Just as long as he does it when no one else is around. I personally don't want to witness such stupidity. Anyway dude, how did it feel to wreck your ride. I think next time you should step up to a frame with more balls. Maybe a Huffy or one of those cool NEXT frames.
    This isn't a Wal-Mart bike, its a real schwinn! Quit being stupider than I was!

mtbr member
    The irony of the design is that the force the prevented bob when out of the saddle also prevented the suspension from working at all when out of the sadde (ie. when you need it most!!??), but bobbed miserably while pedalling in the saddle, but the suspension worked while in the saddle. So, to take avantage of this suspension designs strengths, you should do all your pedalling/climbing standing and all your descending/technical riding seated. Kind of bass akwards.

BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    S.J. , Sorry to hurt your feelings with the wal-mart bike statement. I was in no way trying to be "stupider" than you. In fact, just saying that makes me feel more stupid. I congratulate your efforts while riding your fine steed. It is a shame that an accomplished rider like yourself should be without such a magnificent ride. Keep up the fine riding and please post video, if you have the means, the next time you should try such a mindblowing act of daring. Yours truly, Steve

mtbr member
    Just another thing why would you put a boxxer on that frame
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Because he is extreme dude.

Air Junkie
    I have a proper rig now. The whole Schwinn thing was a year ago.

KHS FR2000
    Romic rear shock
    Boxxer WC with goldtech upper crown
    Azonic DH bars
    Halo Combat 24" wheels
    Arrow powerbite 2.75
    NOX lockon grips
    Haro DJ saddle
    Hayes 8" hydros f/r
    Blackspire bashguard
    Shimano xtr 9 speed
    Cane Creek Monsta headset
    Primo meat tenderizer pedals
    Shimano xtr cranks-soon to be upgraded
    Last edited by Sudden_Judgement; 09-19-2006 at 04:14 PM.

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    I have a proper rig now. The whole Schwinn thing was a year ago.

KHS FR2000
    Romic rear shock
    Boxxer WC with goldtech upper crown
    Azonic DH bars
    Halo Combat 24" wheels
    Arrow powerbite 2.75
    NOX lockon grips
    Haro DJ saddle
    Hayes 9" hydros f/r
    Blackspire bashguard
    Shimano xtr 9 speed
    Cane Creek Monsta headset
    Primo meat tenderizer pedals
    Shimano xtr cranks-soon to be upgraded
    That is a pure mismatch of parts. You have a tank of a wheelset and 24 inch front with a boxxer wc

If you do actually own that setup and I see it on the trail I will be like " "

And I was unaware of a hayes 9 inch setup, you must have mad skills to be riding prototype gear!!!

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromedToast
    That is a pure mismatch of parts. You have a tank of a wheelset and 24 inch front with a boxxer wc

a little pretentious and concieted are we? hey, maybe they are "mismatched", but what is a "perfect match" of parts then? this ridiculous judgement of machinery doesn't look so good for either side by the way....
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    That is kind of a wierd wetup...
    Maybe a 24'' rear wheel, But front too?

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    a little pretentious and concieted are we? hey, maybe they are "mismatched", but what is a "perfect match" of parts then? this ridiculous judgement of machinery doesn't look so good for either side by the way....

He had a bike with 7 in the front 3 in the rear. Anyone who knows anything about downhill knows that boxxers are race forks, and that 24 inch front wheels are useless for racing or even riding downhill at all. But lets not forget the 9'' hayes setup. I smell a bunch of bull from him.

Air Junkie

And I was unaware of a hayes 9 inch setup, you must have mad skills to be riding prototype gear!!!
    Sorry I ment 8" accidently pressed 9, they are right next to each other

What's wrong with 24"s I like em. I think the 24 digs in the berms better and fits the trannys better and its more flickable, in my opinion.

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Sorry I ment 8" accidently pressed 9, they are right next to each other

What's wrong with 24"s I like em. I think the 24 digs in the berms better and fits the trannys better and its more flickable, in my opinion.
    24''s dont roll over stuff very well.

Air Junkie
    I have a "freeride" bike. A "free" to "ride" what ever the **** I want bike. Screw rules and screw opinions the only good opinion is your own.

Me hates pinchflat
    24''s dont roll over stuff very well.
    Man...just let him ride what he likes. Have you tried his bike? How do you know for a fact that his setup sucks?? If he likes it as it is, it doesnt matter if he got 24", a mix of race and tank parts or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch
    Man...just let him ride what he likes. Have you tried his bike? How do you know for a fact that his setup sucks?? If he likes it as it is, it doesnt matter if he got 24", a mix of race and tank parts or whatever.
    Wow, a non hateful comment. I haven't seen one of those in a while. I'm a little lost for words.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey S.J. , what crankset are you thinking about buying. You had mentioned that you were going to upgrade your xtr's

mtbr member
    XTR is pretty good, even if its XC/AM stuff.

mtbr member

What is the matter with everyone????

Whoever said mtbr has become the new pinkbike is right. Jeeeeeeesus, this guy was just trying to post something funny and pretty much every chode out there jumped on his azz and tried to tear him a new one. He isn't the first one to post a picture of a broken frame and I know that at some point in your lives, every last one of you little weasels modded something improperly because you lacked funds or felt like experimenting.

Bro, I don't give a sh$5 if it was 40 feet or not - or whether you shoehorned a supermonster onto a fecking HardRock - point is, you broke it because you love the sport and stepped it up. Sh$# frame or not, they don't snap like that by riding them to the pool with a Nutty Buddy in one hand. Keep on riding - your setup sounds nice and I'm sure it works for you despite what all the "eagle eyes" out there say - they are the same people that get a hard on by making fun of others because their "housing is too long" or "handlebar could be rotated further forward" when those people humbly submit a pic of their bike.

You posted. I laughed. It reminded me of stupid stuff I have done. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    So did no one read the thread? He didn't put the Boxxer on, it came with it.
    And thats the bike he had, so he used it well, maybe he couldnt get a burlier bike at the time, it was a learning experience and he wanted to share, nobody (atleast not him) tries to brag about breaking their equipment...
    I just love how e-tough people can be, does it make you guys feel better about yourselves when you flame people?

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack On Wheels
    So did no one read the thread? He didn't put the Boxxer on, it came with it.
    And thats the bike he had, so he used it well, maybe he couldnt get a burlier bike at the time, it was a learning experience and he wanted to share, nobody (atleast not him) tries to brag about breaking their equipment...
    I just love how e-tough people can be, does it make you guys feel better about yourselves when you flame people?
    Yes.

And im not saying it dosent work for what you use it for, but just seems like a really effed up build , like a baja trophy truck with civic wheels. Though it probably dosent look as strange as I am imagining it to be.

Air Junkie
    Hey S.J. , what crankset are you thinking about buying. You had mentioned that you were going to upgrade your xtr's
    I'm saving up for the RaceFace Diabolus DH Bash X-Type
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've got a set of them myself. The only thing that I have noticed with my cranks is the fact that I am replacing bottom bracket cups every 6 months or so. Otherwise a damn good crank.

Air Junkie
    I've got a set of them myself. The only thing that I have noticed with my cranks is the fact that I am replacing bottom bracket cups every 6 months or so. Otherwise a damn good crank.
    Hey thanks for the tip, I've heard they're bomb proof

not really a noob
    bwahahah i like pasta
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

Air Junkie
    yes its true

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    no such thing as goin to big

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by panthro
    Whoever said mtbr has become the new pinkbike is right. Jeeeeeeesus, this guy was just trying to post something funny and pretty much every chode out there jumped on his azz and tried to tear him a new one. He isn't the first one to post a picture of a broken frame and I know that at some point in your lives, every last one of you little weasels modded something improperly because you lacked funds or felt like experimenting.

Bro, I don't give a sh$5 if it was 40 feet or not - or whether you shoehorned a supermonster onto a fecking HardRock - point is, you broke it because you love the sport and stepped it up. Sh$# frame or not, they don't snap like that by riding them to the pool with a Nutty Buddy in one hand. Keep on riding - your setup sounds nice and I'm sure it works for you despite what all the "eagle eyes" out there say - they are the same people that get a hard on by making fun of others because their "housing is too long" or "handlebar could be rotated further forward" when those people humbly submit a pic of their bike.

You posted. I laughed. It reminded me of stupid stuff I have done. Thanks.

Second.

Seriously he has said that the fork came on the bike like four times and the next post someone asks why you would put that fork on that frame...if something's so wrong with his setup ask him why he put it there and what you'd do different, and be constructive with it. The bike doesn't make the rider, so who gives a **** if his wheels are 94.2182 grams overweight. Leave the guy alone already.

Members who have read this thread: 0