Well this sucks. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!- Mtbr.com
    Mountain Biker

Upset Well this sucks. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Me and a couple of my friends found this awsome place to bulid and we were gonna have a hole course with like 6 or 7 jumps and a 10 foot hip drop that we already started.

Then and idiot called the cops... 2 came and told us that we cant go there anymore.

Although we didnt finish it we spent hours buliding.... What kind of person would call the cops and not just talk to us....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh makes me sooo mad. So we are trying to let the guys that own the land let us keep building.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J02rvUsn2eA

Kind of lame vid.... But this place was gonna be sick. SOO pissed!
    Be at the Rio on June 12th at 7:00pm!

Premier of Sonar!

clyde in training
    was the land public or private?

mtbr member
    Bummer dude, weve been building alot lately and im pretty stoked about the rain everythings so soft, hopefully we can go riding at ucsc again

peace
    Last edited by f0ggy; 02-08-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Mountain Biker
    Its been empty for over 10 years... but it is owned.. so private. but still.

Premier of Sonar!

Mountain Biker
    hey foggy where u been buildin? and ya we should.

Premier of Sonar!

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    yeah... know how you feel... our local site here got torn down in the Eastbay
    Last edited by mrpercussive; 02-08-2007 at 09:24 PM.

Mountain Biker
    I feel bad

Premier of Sonar!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by balfabiker22
    Me and a couple of my friends found this awsome place to bulid............So we are trying to let the guys that own the land let us keep building.
    EDIT: Had to edit since you made it clear it was PP.....

Not to be uncool but....you "found" someone's private property? There are many reasons which come to mind as to why someone would call the cops, one might be they are just being *#*#*#*#*, or they might think they are helping out the land owner...........Here are some snippets form some cases which might make sense (as to why someone might of thought they were helping the LO)........................

Generally regarding trespassing (every locality is different)....."According to the court, a landowner has "no obligation to maintain his premises in a safe condition for strangers entering without authorization." On the contrary, the court found trespassers "must take the premises as they find them, and, if they are injured by unexpected dangers, the loss is their own." Further, the court found "a landowner may assume that persons will not penetrate his boundaries uninvited"

However, land owners can still be on the hook for injuries sustained by trespassers in certain cases. JUST ONE OF WHICH MIGHT BE TO THINK OF YOUR BUILD AS AN ATTRACTIVE NUISANCE................."There is normally no particular care required of property owners to safeguard trespassers from harm, but an attractive nuisance is an exception. An attractive nuisance is any inherently hazardous object or condition of property that can be expected to attract children to investigate or play (for example, construction sites and discarded large appliances). The doctrine imposes upon the property owner either the duty to take precautions that are reasonable in light of the normal behavior of young children--a much higher degree of care than required toward adults--or the same care as that owed to "invitees"--a higher standard than required toward uninvited, casual visitors (licensees)".

Property owners are generally scarred ******less about legal issues and insurance costs so it is to be expected that these things will occur. IMBA has great resources to aid in this........

http://www.imba.com/resources/bike_m.../untrails.html

I can totally relate to your pain after all that work you were putting in. Years ago we used to build half pipes (vert skating) in hidden locations, people always tuned them in, all were torn down and we were all arrested in one case. Now Im old and own property, so I guess I can see both sides.
    Last edited by proxy; 02-08-2007 at 09:47 PM.
    PrOxY

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by balfabiker22
    I feel bad
    uuuuummmm... typo... *know... not "now"

Mountain Biker
    Well yes all you say is true... but this place has been abandonded for decades.. people dump trash here. I just wish i could have what aptos has... but the cops say if the realators alow it we can do anything but like you said. lyability is a problem for them....... mabey lyability forms lol.. ohh well.

Back to my small back yrad

Premier of Sonar!

i drink shower water
    liability forms even. the main thing to realize is that people are not just trying to ruin your fun. there is a whole legal realm that they have to watch out for. If some one built on land that was mine i would boot them off as well, unless i knew them. Here in the States people file lawsuites for everything, and usually win.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    You're lucky the AFT and a swat team didn't show up. In the eyes of non bicycling people we are considered hoodlums and hooligans they also believe they can drive their suburban ultimate vehicles just like the professional drivers do on the television ads, which are filmed on closed courses.

Glad to Be Alive
    sorry to here...it looked fun though
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pro Crastinator
    welcome to my life, happens to me about once a year. just find a new spot to build...

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    welcome to my life, happens to me about once a year. just find a new spot to build...
    oh no, that song by simple plan just started playing in my head...

how could this happen to me....
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

kona-tize me captain
    loosk liek a good spot, maybe clkean up all that trash and scrap, then talk to the guy about it
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Mountain Biker
    Ya thats what were gona do..today. thanks

Premier of Sonar!

Members who have read this thread: 0