Weekend Pictures- Mtbr.com
    I HUCK WITH CHUCK

Weekend Pictures

I did lots of riding, but not many action shots. Today was solo day.

Yesterday, these are on a line me and james built when we were camping at the spot, its a gap over a hump on the existing trail with an alternate hip line to the left.

It was kind of dark, but next time I get out there mid-day (the only time there's any real light in these woods) I'll get some pics that really show whats goin on.

In case ya'll needed additional proof that I rule, I packed that takeoff with bongwater.

On the way home from the spot saturday evening.

Today I hauled ass up to Dupont State Forest in NC after work to get a mountain ride in before dark. It was sick, only my second ride with extended DH on this fork. It still rules.

Waterfall. There's a ten foot ledge in there somewhere....

Told ya.

Its fall.

Hope you enjoy these, I'll have riding pictures this week hopefully, I haven't gotten to do much of that lately.

Born on 2 Wheels
    Awsome pictures, looks sweet!
    "Shut up and Ride"

Santa Cruz Heckler Ano Silver "Silver Bullet"
    Fox DHX 5.0
    Fox Vanilla 130 R
    AWSOME!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    I did lots of riding, but not many action shots. Today was solo day.

Yesterday, these are on a line me and james built when we were camping at the spot, its a gap over a hump on the existing trail with an alternate hip line to the left.

It was kind of dark, but next time I get out there mid-day (the only time there's any real light in these woods) I'll get some pics that really show whats goin on.

In case ya'll needed additional proof that I rule, I packed that takeoff with bongwater.

On the way home from the spot saturday evening.

Today I hauled ass up to Dupont State Forest in NC after work to get a mountain ride in before dark. It was sick, only my second ride with extended DH on this fork. It still rules.

Waterfall. There's a ten foot ledge in there somewhere....

Told ya.

Its fall.

Hope you enjoy these, I'll have riding pictures this week hopefully, I haven't gotten to do much of that lately.
    pics look nice, what camera are you using? another one of them nikkon d70?

mtbr member
    Very cool, looks like a great place.

pwn3rator
    bongwater makes dirt 2x as hard...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

I hate texas
    Who's the broham on the blue IMP?
    Respect Cape Cult Member #21 "The California Respector"

Schmeow Productions
    sick...

pwn3rator
    copycat...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Trail rider and racer
    Very nice pictures.
    Trev!

yeah, uh............bikes
    Great pics. How far do you live from Dupont? I would kill to be able to do afternoon rides at that place.

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    pics look nice, what camera are you using? another one of them nikkon d70?
    No offense but if thats a Nikon D70 is not being used very well.

Great pictures but not D70 quality.
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by free-rider_down-hiller

Whatever you say buddy. I know its not my best.

Actually I shoot with a rebel XT, but I take it you don't follow my picture posts....not to mention my numerous magazine publishings?

Its not about the camera, if you think anyone can just pick up a d70 and turn out quality....you're wrong.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFish
    Great pics. How far do you live from Dupont? I would kill to be able to do afternoon rides at that place.
    About an hour.

mtbr member
    Sick sunset shot. I just got the same camera as you. Don't listen to freeridedownhiller. I don't know if that kid even rides bikes or takes pictures.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

ahaha let's see some of your great pics you little punk...

oh you don't have any

Eyes of the world
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    Sick sunset shot. I just got the same camera as you. Don't listen to freeridedownhiller. I don't know if that kid even rides bikes or takes pictures.
    The sunset shot is just cool. I've never been able to get a shot of the sun to turn out that clean.

Oh and yeah zach i have to agree with you about FRDH
    Find 'em hot leave 'em wet

Glad to Be Alive
    love your pictures especially the sun
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

kona-tize me captain
    great pictures, and bikes. i want that imperial so badddd. that 3rd pciture looks pretty crazy is it a step down jump? looks like u can jump way down thta hill. great shots
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

*MUNKIE DANCE MACHINE*

Good job!

Good shots !!!!! I might be back @ the spot today....any other shots from sat.

*MUNKIE DANCE MACHINE*
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicodude01
    Who's the broham on the blue IMP?
    ------THAT IS ME-------

Fartographer

Telling!

"I packed that takeoff with bongwater."

I'm telling yer mom.

Those are nice photos. I don't think you need to shoot when there's more light. I think the flash and slow shutter are working great. In fact, if you try to shoot when there's more light you're going to have to deal with a bunch of contrasty, speckled light and shadow. I think these are perfect.

On the other hand - I've never been there so I have no idea what I'm talking about. Take some winner and show me I'm wrong
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    "I packed that takeoff with bongwater."

I'm telling yer mom.

Those are nice photos. I don't think you need to shoot when there's more light. I think the flash and slow shutter are working great. In fact, if you try to shoot when there's more light you're going to have to deal with a bunch of contrasty, speckled light and shadow. I think these are perfect.

On the other hand - I've never been there so I have no idea what I'm talking about. Take some winner and show me I'm wrong

It does seem to be what's working best in that part of the woods, but I have trouble getting cool pictures that show what I'm trying to convey....IE the flow and arrangement of the lines. I can get a nice shot that shows the rider and his style, but typically it doesn't show the line very well.

Here are a couple older shots that are (in my opinion) more successful portrayals of this same spot.

jibber of the unjibbable
    Is that Jesse in your last pic? Looks like him trying to throw down the whack style
    Boogie down to free James Brown

Fartographer

No Offense

The camera doesn't determine picture quality. It helps. But it doesn't make the pictures for you. That's like seeing a picture of one of my pitiful jumps and telling me the VP Free is better than that. The jump has nothing to do with the bike.

ThoughtfulPirate has already had a magazine cover. He's got a lot of practice in and pretty muchknows what he's doing. Those photos were shot in really demanding conditions and he was being creative with the exposure and lighting. They were tough shots.

I checked your photos and you've only posted one - of your camera. Until your photos start crushing the competition, maybe you'd better just ask for advice. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings - just dropping some science. Hang out and be a little humble and you'll learn some good stuff here.

Fartographer

In The Trees

I can get a nice shot that shows the rider and his style, but typically it doesn't show the line very well.
    In the trees is always tough. I just did some photos at Soquel Demo and it wasn't easy. Next time I go I'm taking the radio slaves. The light was so crappy that I converted them to B&W to make them look good. I think it worked fine. But I've got plans to do better next time.

By the way - before you guys start dissing - that's a 29er hardtail with vbrakes and a Suntour fork. Mr. Heim is thrashing it good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

East Coast Style
    nice pics. your scenery pictures are really good. nice camera too
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

rollin
    ....not to mention my numerous magazine publishings?
    which magz?

nice pics. i like the flash and blurred backgrounds. and of course, that miami vice steezed sunset.
    i also like the water shots, although better natural light would be a bonus. did you use a tripod for any of those?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter.
    Is that Jesse in your last pic? Looks like him trying to throw down the whack style
    Whack? I whipped that one out to dry by god.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    which magz?

nice pics. i like the flash and blurred backgrounds. and of course, that miami vice steezed sunset.
    i also like the water shots, although better natural light would be a bonus. did you use a tripod for any of those?
    Nah I don't have room in the camelbak for a tripod, so either handheld or rested on rocks (hence the funky angles).

Check out some early-mid summer issues of Dirt Rag for some of my stuff, then I have also had one in TwentySix and one in Mountain Biking.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    In the trees is always tough. I just did some photos at Soquel Demo and it wasn't easy. Next time I go I'm taking the radio slaves. The light was so crappy that I converted them to B&W to make them look good. I think it worked fine. But I've got plans to do better next time.

By the way - before you guys start dissing - that's a 29er hardtail with vbrakes and a Suntour fork. Mr. Heim is thrashing it good.
    I really want to get some slave flash setups, this spot would be perfect for them I think, the jumps through the woods would lend themselves to some long lens shots so nicely, but to get any light I have to be right up on them with flash. I need to buy a nice external flash too, I'm still using the built-in.

Fartographer

Slaves

You don't need a fancy flash if you're using radio slaves. Once the flash is off the camera, it's all manual. Just buy a powerful, but cheap, Vivitar. They're great.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    You don't need a fancy flash if you're using radio slaves. Once the flash is off the camera, it's all manual. Just buy a powerful, but cheap, Vivitar. They're great.
    What to I need to get to get the radio setup? I'm kinda low on cash since I threw the 36 on my Foes, but I'm making solid money at work and I'd like to get some new camera gear as that hobby has been pushed aside lately to get my bikes prime.

mtbr member
    What to I need to get to get the radio setup? I'm kinda low on cash since I threw the 36 on my Foes, but I'm making solid money at work and I'd like to get some new camera gear as that hobby has been pushed aside lately to get my bikes prime.
    Cuttin down on the reefer wont hurt either... (But only if your short on cash...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

Fartographer

$500?

You might have to invest $500. I have the low-priced PocketWizards. They cost about $400 a set, after you buy cables and adapters. Then you need a flash. Any old flash with manual controls will do. You just need to be able to control the output. Getting the exposure right is a combination of moving the flash, changing the output, and adjusting your aperture.

There are a few options for radio slaves now. Calumet and Quantum make some and Tamrac is distributing a set made by some new company. Those may all be cheaper alternatives than the PocketWizards.

And cutting down on the weed might actually be good advice. I don't know what it's going for these days, but 10 bags might equal your radio slave kit.

go big or go home
    bongwater?....whats that?

Get off yer arse and on yere bike!

Members who have read this thread: 0