WCH and me hitting the trails today- Mtbr.com
    dnt b a clwn thro it down

WCH and me hitting the trails today

Here are couple pics more are to come.. we had Shiver Me Timbers take the pics so sorry if a couple are a little off..

The first one is of WCH and the second is me off a drop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to Be Alive
    deja vu....I said Deja Vu
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2004

nice

nics pics. looks like a sweet drop

your mom

nice

how big is the drop?

And some more....

some more....

surf-ride-repeat
    I think we should all now bow are heads and accept that our mighty brethren, a one "WCH"
    may have slightly cased this landing...

and seeing how timbers photo skills may be 'sub par'... this could have actually been worse than the image suggests!

Oh the agony...

...jus kiddin'.
    • File Type: jpg c.jpg (94.1 KB, 684 views)

don't know how many i can put on one reply so here are some more... Here are some of WCH going huge.

Glad to Be Alive
    swoop rock it today...first time we rode with him

effing 16 year olds...lol
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by pdirt
    I think we should all now bow are heads and accept that our mighty brethren, a one "WCH"
    may have slightly cased this landing...

and seeing how timbers photo skills may be 'sub par'... this could have actually been worse than the image suggests!

Oh the agony......jus kiddin'.
    WCH indeed cased it a litlle but in his defense WCH was going slow to show swoop how to hit it...he went back again and cleaned it

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by pdirt
    may have slightly cased this landing........
    i was trying to show him how little speed you needed and may have used slightly too little. we were even makig fun of it when it happened.....

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i was trying to show him how little speed you needed and may have used slightly too little. we were even makig fun of it when it happened.....
    yeah yeah...posting some others before I crashed last week...in a few minutes and then I will try and download those movies

True.

soviet pride
    is it just me of do the first few pics make it look like hes gonna ride up some gnarly ass hill after he clears a midget drop. Hahaha jk bro good riding looks like u had some fun. Where is that place?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikepinkbikes
    is it just me of do the first few pics make it look like hes gonna ride up some gnarly ass hill after he clears a midget drop. Hahaha jk bro good riding looks like u had some fun. Where is that place?

Nah.... that is a good size drop...about 7 feet. It is hard to get in line to do the drop so it makes it more sketchy...it is near Lake Castaic

DOWNHILL MAFIA

..Near castaic?

Would one of you guys mind giving me directions to that spot?
    Please, I mean?
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

mtbr member
    Sweet pics swoop. Who's Azonic Recoil was that in the picture leaning against the jump? How do they like it?
    Sully

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

shivers

pm me i would like very much to ride there ,I think I reckonize that building

TNC
    noMAD man
    What happened on the Nicolai/Romic shock problem you were posting the other day?...must've got it sorted out? Nice pics, you whipersnapper punks...LOL!

Team Sanchez
    Hey Swoop, post your opinions of that Yeti clone you are riding, also, how much did you pay for that frameset?

I wanna talk to Samson!
    cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Hey Swoop, post your opinions of that Yeti clone you are riding, also, how much did you pay for that frameset?
    My shock problem hasn't been totally sorted out but I can now ride atleast. I just can't have it in the longest shock setting. It was way nice just needed to adjust the suspension a little bit so I wouldn't do backflips of off the doubles. It never felt like I bottomed the rear suspension even though I probably did.

My frameset was $1100. That recoil is SMT's he loves it.

-Nathan

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBSully
    Sweet pics swoop. Who's Azonic Recoil was that in the picture leaning against the jump? How do they like it?
    Recoil is mine. I really like the bike a lot...coming from a Big Hit with almost the same set up. The bike pedals easier. Just a sweet ride. My suspension is very plush with the Romic.

The only problem i have is I keeping bending the bolt where the shock mounts to the linkage, but I may have fixed the problem by buying a grade 5 bolt. We will see in a few weeks.

Pro Crastinator
    you bought a whimpier bolt to replace the original one with......

Grade 8
    bolt capability in tension (failure) = 150,000 lbs / in2 x .03349 in2 = 5024 lbs minimum

Grade 5 bolt capability in tension (failure) = 120,000 lbs / in2 x .03349 in2 = 4019 lbs minimum

Glad to Be Alive
    you bought a whimpier bolt to replace the original one with......

Grade 8
    bolt capability in tension (failure) = 150,000 lbs / in2 x .03349 in2 = 5024 lbs minimum

Grade 5 bolt capability in tension (failure) = 120,000 lbs / in2 x .03349 in2 = 4019 lbs minimum
    original was grade 12.4 knucklehead

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    original was grade 12.4 knucklehead
    grade 12 has a 6000+ lbs capacity you nincompoop.......

Glad to Be Alive
    grade 12 has a 6000+ lbs capacity you nincompoop.......
    where is your information coming from?? The lower the grade the higher the strength. das idiote

Pro Crastinator
    from a 4x4 hardware manufacturer site......

For critical load-bearing applications, we would argue the case for Grade 8 hardware over Grade 5 any day. Grade 8 hardware is made from medium carbon alloy steel, tempered and yellow zinc plated. Best suited for applications where high strength and hardness is required.

http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-grade8.htm

surf-ride-repeat

All good, you know I'm jus' 'funnin' wit ya!

You should have seen the sever caseage on my own part at the Autzen Dj's yesterday...ouchie!

mtbr member
    where is your information coming from?? The lower the grade the higher the strength. das idiote

Surely you jest......

Xtremely Moderate

SAE standards for steel bolts

The SAE has established a sequence of grades from 0 to 8 for steel bolts, on the basis of the metal from which the bolt is made and the manner of manufacture. Available grades run from 2 to 8, with 8 the strongest. Higher grade numbers almost always mean increased strength (an exception is that some grade 6 bolts are stronger than grade 7). The heads of steel bolts are marked to identify their grade.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Surely you jest......
    si senore

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    SAE standards for steel bolts

The SAE has established a sequence of grades from 0 to 8 for steel bolts, on the basis of the metal from which the bolt is made and the manner of manufacture. Available grades run from 2 to 8, with 8 the strongest. Higher grade numbers almost always mean increased strength (an exception is that some grade 6 bolts are stronger than grade 7). The heads of steel bolts are marked to identify their grade.
    Only problem is .....I am running Metric

Glad to Be Alive
    Mother Effer...I am eating Crow....Blah and it taste bad...

got off the phone with bolt Depot.....well we will just see what happens to my grade 5 bolt...because the stock Azonic looked very weak

Mother Effer...I am eating Crow....Blah and it taste bad...

got off the phone with bolt Depot.....well we will just see what happens to my grade 5 bolt...because the stock Azonic looked very weak
    OK,
    WCH I am tired of seeing all these photos of fun stuff to ride that isn't dj's. I'm borrowing a big bike and you will show me all the cool freehucking spots. I'll call you when the bike is ready.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Oregon
    OK,
    WCH I am tired of seeing all these photos of fun stuff to ride that isn't dj's. I'm borrowing a big bike and you will show me all the cool freehucking spots. I'll call you when the bike is ready.
    i sideloaded my BB while tighting up my cranks and then proceeded to strip the threads on my crankpuller trying to loosen them up, stupid cromo cranks are so hard to remove the arms. so for the time being my little bike is out of comission.......

mtbr member
    Recoil is mine. I really like the bike a lot...coming from a Big Hit with almost the same set up. The bike pedals easier. Just a sweet ride. My suspension is very plush with the Romic.

The only problem i have is I keeping bending the bolt where the shock mounts to the linkage, but I may have fixed the problem by buying a grade 5 bolt. We will see in a few weeks.
    Cool, I always thought it was a good frame but some people thought it was crappy. They kept dissin' it. It was a while back tho
    Sully

i sideloaded my BB while tighting up my cranks and then proceeded to strip the threads on my crankpuller trying to loosen them up, stupid cromo cranks are so hard to remove the arms. so for the time being my little bike is out of comission.......
    That sucks. If you need a crank puller I have one. I have a large sledge hammer also. I will have a big bike ready shortly, and need to hit something other than dirt jumps...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I had that problem one of my frames. I fixed it by buying a half inch drill.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloy
    I had that problem one of my frames. I fixed it by buying a half inch drill.
    hey maybe you can show me but I am sissy riding right now....wrist is jacked

not really a noob
    nice drop, nice air, i wish i was there

banned
    jeezus friggin cah-rahst... proof that West Coast Hucker not only rides, but actually hucks his carcass at least 3 feet! amazing!

Members who have read this thread: 0