washington- Mtbr.com

Thread: washington

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

washington

Im from las vegas and im probably moving to the washington area. How is the riding up around there? I know BC is about 4 to 5 hours away from where i would be living.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Washington is Pretty Big

May not be as big as Montana, but for the size and the fact that the BC area is about 5 hour away from most of any place in Washington (watch for WHP, they can give nice fines), you should be more specific. I'm in the Spokane area and just starting to find the good spots, but there are plenty.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BSN_mt
    May not be as big as Montana, but for the size and the fact that the BC area is about 5 hour away from most of any place in Washington (watch for WHP, they can give nice fines), you should be more specific. I'm in the Spokane area and just starting to find the good spots, but there are plenty.
    BSN, what part of Montana are you from? I'm from Bozeman btw, and does the BSN represent the field? If so, I'm also studying in it, 2 years left baby then back to MT for sure! waaahooo!

T-bone,

Like BSN said, watch out for the cops around here, the state is pretty poor so they send out the "legal taxing thiefs" to fund some of the money for the state, and they are all over the friggin place. What part of WA did you move too? I'm in the south sound east of Tacoma area if you want to hook up and ride, also, check out the WA section on this site, there's group rides all the time.

mtbr member
    I have been to Bozeman 3 times and if things go right I will be attending college at MT State in a year and a half. I have never ridden out there how is the riding?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ghr7891
    I have been to Bozeman 3 times and if things go right I will be attending college at MT State in a year and a half. I have never ridden out there how is the riding?
    Oh you lucky lil brat... No just kidding, I'm just super jeleous if you get to attend college there! I grew up there, so for me living anywhere else is second par to it. Riding is unbelievable...Be prepared to run into things though, if you do a search you can read about all my excursions with bears, rattler's, elk heards, moose etc. Don't plan on getting much studying done unless you have super man will power. Bozeman is the place to do all things outside all year round and during the night is spent with the friends having BBQ's, bonfire's and at the bars. Have fun, I'll probably see you around as it's a small town!

Josh

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by I_8_It_up
    at the bars.

Josh
    Nothing like people watching at KO's. I went to school at MSU for Civil. Then moved out to Coeur d'Alene but origionaly from Kalispell. Bozeman has some nice riding, I did to much studing and not enough riden during school, but sure do miss floating the rivers.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BSN_mt
    but sure do miss floating the rivers.
    Ah man, you had to go there... Keep it on the DL, we don't want too many people knowing about MT and all the goodies Did you ever get out to the jefferson river cliff and bust big off the 50 footer or the bridge? Man does that bring back memories... One time I had taken my mom out there(this is when I was younger) to film us busting moves off of the jefferson's and on our way to the cliff, we ran into this huge 5-8 foot long rattler on the bank, it just started coming towards us as it had no where else to go to...cliffs on one side, water on the other My mom jumps on my back freaking out and we did the piggy back deal across the river to avoid it. Nothing like having a rattler come at you that could eat you for lunch, lol. Then there was the time the bull ran us into the river... lol

Ah so many good memories of MT, can't wait to get back there!!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Where in Wa? Seattleish? it all depends on what you like to do and how far you're willing to travel. The DH scene is kind of lacking as most of the resrts have stopped runnign the chairs during the summer, but there's all sortsa other stuff. If you're near Yakima, hookup with us.

Where's the chair lift?

Good job! Try looking into Bellingham, WA area! Snoqualamie..

Hey There, Guys

I have friends that live near Seattle, like Evrette, Marysville.. We drove up to Bellingham, WA up north toward the border. It was sweeet!!! There was a write up in one of the Mtb mags, like Mountain Bike, Bike or Mt.Bike Action saying that WA state was one of the biggest freeride meccas 2nd to the Shore of BC.. We also, rode at Snoqualamie, but im not sure if they are still running the chairs there anymore. I will have to check some of my friends there. We will be going back to WA in July for a couple of days, before driving up to Whistler BC, for 8 days! WA is a nice outdoor state. But, i have never lived there.. Just visited in the summers for 3 weeks at a time. Check out some of the local bike shops for places to ride. I know there are tns of group freerides and XC as well.. Good Luck!! Enjoy!!

Ellsman1 (Aka Marzman1 old forum)
    04 Dare/888R

banned
    Snoqualmie was killer, then they decided not to run it last summer...

I've heard great things about B'ham, but the whole state is pretty trick, especially if your along the coastal side.

SNOWRIDER
    I am in Vancouver ( SW Washington) and we have awesome riding right here in our back yard. What type riding do you do? I am guessing dh/fr because of the forum you are in What ever you want it is here. And all kinds of great stuff with in a few hours drive in any direction Drop me a line if you come this way we will hook you up Check my riding pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/dewey1111 we also do some awesome winter ski biking
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)