The war on hucking- Mtbr.com
    banned
    Mar 2004

The war on hucking

Start the war on hucking. End all this no skill, 12 inch travel, huck my meat crap. Its you and your friends against me and the revolution. LBR.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    uhhhh, whatever

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fathead
    uhhhh, whatever
    That's exactly what I was thinking

Cynical Bystander
    Low_Budget_Rollin', You just got served.

Agree to other posts, WTF?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

banned
    Mar 2004
    once someone can tell me where the skill in riding off a cliff is come and grab a chunk. Maybe ill jump on the trendy band wagon too, or even off a cliff. Who got served?

brooklyn bike rider
    Jan 2004
    oh, i see.
    because everyone here runs a supermonster?

drops are fun.
    so are jumps.

ride your bike.

painfully ordinary

Wtf

low budget rollin, whats your beef? If you dont think hittin 10 foot drops and hucking 20, takes skill, then what are you doing here? go to another forum and talk with your friends that ride KLIENS
    I got nuthin......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleA's
    low budget rollin, whats your beef? If you dont think hittin 10 foot drops and hucking 20, takes skill, then what are you doing here? go to another forum and talk with your friends that ride KLIENS
    Probably not a good idea to flame LBR, not only will he chew you out, he's probably alot better than you
    "Better safe than scarry"

www.3dmtb.net

painfully ordinary
    So I took him serious and didnt need to? my bad. Itll be interesting to hear what he has to say.
    Last edited by doubleA's; 05-03-2004 at 10:57 PM.
    I got nuthin......

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleA's
    So I took him serious and didnt need to? my bad. Itll be interesting to hear what he has to say.
    It's all good man, I didn't know what to think when I first read his post. BTW, just burned that footage to the cd, send some postal mula and I'll mail you a copy.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Budget Rollin'
    once someone can tell me where the skill in riding off a cliff is come and grab a chunk. Maybe ill jump on the trendy band wagon too, or even off a cliff. Who got served?
    I agree to what your sprayin' but only because I read your reply in the other thread first. You might want to explain a bit more in here in case these guys didn't read that other post.

I'll try and break it on down.

In the other post about the 82 foot drop, LBR is just saying whats the point of hucking off something that you probably will just wreck your bike and body on. That there's no skill in just dropping big sh!t if you can't clean it and ride away. He has a good point, a few friends and I were talking about that and actually that rule of thumb stems from snowboarding for us...If you can't ride away clean, then what's the point of dropping it? Yes it takes a big nut sac to attempt it, but there's no real skill in doing something that's beyond the bike and human's ability, like an 82 foot cliff. Props to Bender and all, but I'd rather see him bustin stuff he can ride away from rather than busting cliff after cliff and wrecking everytime like in that film Chain reaction 5 I think, I could be wrong on the title but theres a film at our shop that he just keeps attempting and attempting, and never ends up riding away. Not because he doesn't have skill, but because it's just beyond the bikes capability, not to mention the flesh we all live in.

So I'm with you LBR, but you have to explain more so these other cats know what your talking about.
    Last edited by I_8_It_up; 05-04-2004 at 12:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I see how hucking can be difficult and fun...but I don't get it...I mean if your just finding a cliff and riding off of it...why? I'd rather hit a smaller drop on a good downhill run at full speed...

Riding downhill at mach 10 and hitting a 6' drop on the way down then heading into an ultra technical rock garden at the same speed takes more skill than doing big drops...while big drops take some skill...it's more about having the nuts to do it...

Thats what seperates riders who alo ride the DH circuit or who can ride the skinny's in BC from riders like Bender...Cedric Cleared the gap at Red Bull and he won the competition...but he can also tear up the DH courses, do DJ's, and bridges like few others...I have never seen bender do anything other than huge drops in Vid's...

And I'm not saying bender dosen't have skill...he obviously does...but I feel it has more to do with big balls and luck more often than not...

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Church; 05-04-2004 at 05:43 AM.

painfully ordinary

I see

I guess Im better at jumping to conclusions than I am at 20 footers thanks for the clarifacation,
    I got nuthin......

painfully ordinary

Ya man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I_8_It_up
    It's all good man, I didn't know what to think when I first read his post. BTW, just burned that footage to the cd, send some postal mula and I'll mail you a copy.
    Ill call you soon and get your address, thanx
    I got nuthin......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    L_8_It_up, I think it's NWD II you're thinking of, where Bender keeps trying to clear the Jaw Drop that he wrecked on in NWD I? Totally agree with your point though, it's not like I can do huge drops or anything, and I'm all for pushing your limits, but yah, I'm much more impressed by the well rounded rider, like Wade Simmons or or Tyler Klassen who are smooth or can do the skinnies, urban, whatever.

Shibby

banned

Upset more idiots who don't even KNOW Josh Bender...

Props to Bender and all, but I'd rather see him bustin stuff he can ride away from
    how often have you ridden with Josh?

I see him bust stuff and ride away every time I ride with him. Don't be such an uninformed fool.

I'll be heading to Virgin later this month to watch him do more amazing things. Do you forget that he was AK's state DH champion before starting his quest for big drops? He's a very fast & smooth rider. He'd school your hiney on the Flying Monkey.

Give it up, ignoramus. You don't know jack.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It would be cool to see Bender do that stuff in the movies. Why is he typecast into a 'one trick pony' in the videos? I'd be pretty psyched to see Bender doing skinnies or urban something other than big drops.

Shibby

Who are the brain police?

You and the Revolution? Is..

Start the war on hucking. End all this no skill, 12 inch travel, huck my meat crap. Its you and your friends against me and the revolution. LBR.
    You and the Revolution? Is that you Prince....errr....the artist formally know as Prince?
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

within your limits.

i totally agree with lbr and the others. i just saw the rampage 3 video and i forget who said it but they felt the future of the sport was in picking good lines and adding speed and style to runs instead of going stupid big. this has to be the future but there is always going to be those who push the limits. look at where motorcycle jumping is going. they are doing things people felt were impossible only a few years ago. the same can be said for mtn biking. i am glad to see red bull reward those riders who picked good lines and cleaned their runs as opposed to going big and crashing. that type of riding should be in videos, not in competition.

banned

unfortunately, Josh doesn't ride street or shore

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    It would be cool to see Bender do that stuff in the movies. Why is he typecast into a 'one trick pony' in the videos? I'd be pretty psyched to see Bender doing skinnies or urban something other than big drops. Shibby
    I agree. But Josh doesn't ride urban/street, and doesn't have interest in riding shore-styled stuff. He likes the raw, natural challenges provided in SW Utah's terrain. That's what he rides.

For anyone who thinks that Bender or anyone else riding the Rampage terrain is a one-trick pony or unskilled or whatever, I have a simple suggestion: go visit Virgin UT and take a look at the lines FROM ABOVE, from the rider's perspective.

If you still return to this board and consider the Rampage riders lightweights, I can only say that you are a liar and self-deluder. The terrain of the Rampage trumps any difficult urban or Shore obstacle, hands down. Way tougher. WAAAAAAY tougher. Even the riders themselves say so if you talk to them.

Believe it or not, riding skinnies is not that tough... it's a mental game, not a skill game... except when you get to super-trials skinniness of --say-- 5" or narrower. Here's a skinny in Virgin that one of my buddies rode 2d try, with Bender cheering him on. The right side drop is about 15 feet to a rocky creek bed -- a fall would surely result in serious injury no matter how well-armored you are:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pro Crastinator
    oops... nevermind..

i thought this was the war on the "hucker"....

hey LBR, i was home watching my videos of the SO DJ contest and i must concede to you. Zinc was the man..... i was so out of it, i had the riders confused with each other.....
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 05-04-2004 at 09:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I didn't mean to imply that he is actually a one-trick pony, or that Rampage-type terrain doesn't require any skill. I was trying to say that Bender is PRESENTED as a one-trick pony, and that's why people develop these assumptions (it's not right, but it happens). Honestly, watch his segments in the NWD series one after the other, it starts to get pretty redundant. It's cool that that's what he likes, it would just be cool to see him tear up some other stuff to shut everyone up. I'd be totally excited to see that. And I don't need to see the Rampage from the riders point of view, I see the helicopter perspectives of the area on the vids and soil myself just watching it. I don't necessarily agree that Utah is the standard by which 'toughness' is measured though, I have just as much respect for crazy trials riders as I do for guys that do the big hits. I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that Rampage is for 'lightweights' though.

I agree with you on the skinnies, being a mental game...I'm sure most of us are good on trials-type skinnies 1 foot off the ground, but jack it up 10 feet or so, and it gets aweful tough. i was just using it as an example.

Shibby

banned

no worries, Shibby... wasn't replying directly to you

I was just pointing out that people should not slag Bender or anyone based on video footage. Most people have no idea about how MTB vids are produced and how someone like Bender gets approached for vid footage. Some vids just want to show him eating shyte, and if he wants that kind of footage viewed, that's his right... he is well aware that to do big drops, you have to eat lots of dirt in the process toward success.

Another way of looking at it is that if Bender can't do a drop, it probably isn't possible for most other riders... Super T Klassen has duplicated a few of Bender's mid-sized drops, though not without injuries.

Since I'm lucky enough to be one of Josh's friends, I like to defend him against slags and lies. It's true that nobody films him riding nasty trails. He doesn't control that -- he'd have to produce his own video. The very fact that some vids have shown people riding the Flying Monkey without showing its builders (Bender and Dean) riding it much more smoothly and fast indicates that most vid producers just want to show Bender as a "drop" guy. If someone wanted to show radical riding, they'd show a noted rider attempting the Flying Monkey and getting pitched around, and then would show Bender schooling everyone on the toughest sections of the Monkey.

but nobody making vids seems to want that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    I was just pointing out that people should not slag Bender or anyone based on video footage. Most people have no idea about how MTB vids are produced and how someone like Bender gets approached for vid footage. Some vids just want to show him eating shyte, and if he wants that kind of footage viewed, that's his right... he is well aware that to do big drops, you have to eat lots of dirt in the process toward success.

Another way of looking at it is that if Bender can't do a drop, it probably isn't possible for most other riders... Super T Klassen has duplicated a few of Bender's mid-sized drops, though not without injuries.

Since I'm lucky enough to be one of Josh's friends, I like to defend him against slags and lies. It's true that nobody films him riding nasty trails. He doesn't control that -- he'd have to produce his own video. The very fact that some vids have shown people riding the Flying Monkey without showing its builders (Bender and Dean) riding it much more smoothly and fast indicates that most vid producers just want to show Bender as a "drop" guy. If someone wanted to show radical riding, they'd show a noted rider attempting the Flying Monkey and getting pitched around, and then would show Bender schooling everyone on the toughest sections of the Monkey.

but nobody making vids seems to want that.
    does bender always ride the super-monster or is that just for movies? That's really cool that you get to have riding buddies that are at that skill level, you must be pretty good urself

www.3dmtb.net

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by I_8_It_up
    I agree to what your sprayin' but only because I read your reply in the other thread first. You might want to explain a bit more in here in case these guys didn't read that other post.

I'll try and break it on down.

In the other post about the 82 foot drop, LBR is just saying whats the point of hucking off something that you probably will just wreck your bike and body on. That there's no skill in just dropping big sh!t if you can't clean it and ride away. He has a good point, a few friends and I were talking about that and actually that rule of thumb stems from snowboarding for us...If you can't ride away clean, then what's the point of dropping it? Yes it takes a big nut sac to attempt it, but there's no real skill in doing something that's beyond the bike and human's ability, like an 82 foot cliff. Props to Bender and all, but I'd rather see him bustin stuff he can ride away from rather than busting cliff after cliff and wrecking everytime like in that film Chain reaction 5 I think, I could be wrong on the title but theres a film at our shop that he just keeps attempting and attempting, and never ends up riding away. Not because he doesn't have skill, but because it's just beyond the bikes capability, not to mention the flesh we all live in.

So I'm with you LBR, but you have to explain more so these other cats know what your talking about.
    Thanks for clearing it up, I really didn't know what he meant by his first post, heh. Anyways, I agree that it's pointless to do an 82 foot drop, which you know you wont land. I'm not totally against hucking, just people hucking unreasonable drop heights, that you'll only land with luck, not skill. If they can go off high drops and land most of the time, have fun and ride away, then go ahead. If you're trying to go off an unreasonable drop that you're not sure if you even have a chance of landing it, I don't think you can even call that mountain biking.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    I wish LBR would reply back.

This is like me going to the XC forum and saying "hey can someone convince me whats skill is involved in wearing lyrca and tight colorful jerseys, while i ride my bike to the beauty salon to get my ass waxed?" You really cant judge whats involved in freeriding till you actually try it. Until you go out and actually try to jump off a cliff or ride a 5inch shaved log, maybe you should just stick to your heart rate monitors and nutrition bars.

banned
    Mar 2004

Come grab a chunk ladies

First off, I have seen bender land a drop like once or twice, but proceeding his landing I have seen him rediculously squirrely like if there was 100 feet more to the trail he is in big trouble. Second, I will take my Klein and shaved ass and outride every last one of you until you go crying to your mother. I 360ed in a pair of lycra shorts no shirt and arm warmers. Im pretty h-core bro. I love how you jump to the conclusion that i cant ride but actually I own you. Third, doing a drop on a DH course or something where its not pefectly manicured to the point where its just a contest of who can hold on is perfectly alright. MtbsSD, u keep it real man, your down with the LBR any time. I wnet to whistler this summer and me and my LBR teammtes cleaned evey "skinny" first try. If you really want to go against the revolution that is LBR get ready man cause were taking the world by storm. If your gonna do a huck get some style. throw a table top in or 360 it, come on.
    LBR revolution is here
    "You cant touch this"
    -MC Hammer
    Have a good one,
    The Jibbernaught Himself
    Last edited by Low Budget Rollin'; 05-04-2004 at 01:27 PM.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Arent you in suspect? Yeah...no skilll....riiiiiight.

There isnt much skill in hucking, there is much skill in being smooth while doing it.

I think there is no point in going off a drop unless you can land it semi smoothly. If you are sketching out and sliding every time, you are going too big for your skill.
    Last edited by ThoughtfulPirate; 05-04-2004 at 02:11 PM.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    "I love how you jump to conclusions that i cant ride"

I love how you jump to the conclusion that i dont ride XC. I ride just as much XC as i do freeride and downhill, and my xc bike is 40lbs opposed to your (probably) sub 25lb bike, so i wouldnt assume that id be slow as hell on a lightweight xc rig either. I dont know where you made the assumption that every drop we hit is "perfectly manicured" like benders, obviously you just havent seen enough stuff to make an educated guess. You cleaned every skinny at whistler huh? And you didnt have any fun doing it? Maybe you would have had a better time suffering up a hill? I dont know how you can ride at a place like whistler and not fall in love with this part of the sport. I dont know how you can really judge freeriding just because you saw bender eat sh*t in a few videos either? Besides, even tho he might not stick every landing, he had the balls to try it, i dont know how much stuff ive encountered while riding XC here on the east coast thats made me go "oh, man, i could really die if i make the wrong move here" Whether you wanna except it or not, freeriding is a major part of mountain biking that is getting more popular by the day. Its great that you have a good time riding what you do, if you cant except whats going on in other parts of the sport then just ignore it. I think this thread should just end now..

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate

There isnt much skill in hucking, there is much skill in being smooth while doing it.

I think there is no point in going off a drop unless you can land it semi smoothly. If you are sketching out and sliding every time, you are going too big for your skill.
    Andrew, you seen Suspect yet? Its a sweet film. Hardly any hucking in it. Biggest huck is maybe 25feet in it and its a northshore ladder style drop. Most of the footage is of northshore riding, tech utah stuff, and lots of jumping.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

banned
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    Oh yeah I am in Suspect, but apparently i am a xc guru.

I never said i didnt like whistler i said how hard is it to ride across a log. all it is looking straight ahead and using mometum. Come on. I "freeride" daily, s a matter of fact, i ride so free they should call me Mr. Liberty. I should go commando im so free. Im free fallin. H-Core gnar kill.

Exactly my point. You've been keepin it real for awhile now. Your down wih the Rollas.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I was in a downtown park a few weeks ago and saw a guy on some unrecognizable old DH frame choppered out with a Super-Monster on it. I've never seen anything more ridiculous in my life. He was dropping off a park bench and doing a terrible job of it. He just couldn't land evenly. I couldn't even laugh, I just stared in amazement.

That's sort of an extreme example, but that is who the "war" is (and should be) against. Using travel to compensate for poor skills is sad. I don't think LBR anywhere indicated he is anti-freeride...his last post states quite the opposite.

Shibby

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Just so you know how h-core LBR really is...he even throws down hard on those cool little razor scooter things. xups, whips, you name it, he brings it.
    note: LBR does not own a Klein.....he should though, just to "keep it real."
    Sadly, when his segment in suspect started, I thought, "this should be good," and went to grab a drink, came back, and it was over! I was robbed!
    More good video of LBR should be in the works, hopefully it's longer this time.

Hey LBR, when are the LBR team jersey's coming out?
    ($.99 store is having a sale on white t's)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Rollin' - hmm, rhymes with trollin'

DWD - another incarnation?

banned
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    Just so you know how h-core LBR really is...he even throws down hard on those cool little razor scooter things. xups, whips, you name it, he brings it.
    note: LBR does not own a Klein.....he should though, just to "keep it real."
    Sadly, when his segment in suspect started, I thought, "this should be good," and went to grab a drink, came back, and it was over! I was robbed!
    More good video of LBR should be in the works, hopefully it's longer this time.

Hey LBR, when are the LBR team jersey's coming out?
    ($.99 store is having a sale on white t's)
    Yeah I kill it on a razor, i think its safe ot say I razor the roof. I used ot have a XC bike but the Padres wife is "borrowing" it. My 15 seconds is the best part of the whole vid. The reason I'm not in tehre more is because that movie was too corporate. They had banners on my jumps and I refused to jump. Maybe when Keepin it real goes wrong but as long as i stay real its cool. But watch out for Chase's new vid, its a lot less corprate so tehy threw me in sliding on my chin after a wallride to x-up on a propane tank gone terribly wrong. But theer is some of me throwing down gnar kill in it. Leanagerrard.com is kickin down some jerseys for sonoma. Matching with glitter and our names. Ba ba bling.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Get white T-shirt, get sharpie (or gold spray paint, my personal favorite, but feel free to experiment), write words of choice on said T-shirt. My undershirt I have on right now is spraypainted gold for sure. And it has pop-ice stains on it...

Removed at birth
    LBR,

Why are you so threatened by criticism. You are a great rider, so shut up and enjoy it. You have nothing to prove on this web board, and quite frankly, you should be embarrassed that your ego keeps you trolling this board looking for others to criticize. Show some humility, and you might eventually pick up a sponsor, and get noticed.
    Peace out! War In!

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Weyvoless
    LBR, Why are you so threatened by criticism. You are a great rider, so shut up and enjoy it. You have nothing to prove on this web board, and quite frankly, you should be embarrassed that your ego keeps you trolling this board looking for others to criticize. Show some humility, and you might eventually pick up a sponsor, and get noticed.

OUCH!!!!
    I think it's part trolling.....part comedy."Huck my meat..." hehehe

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Are you going to serve pancakes after you whoop ass too??

rider

zedro?

zedro, this thread needs your guidance.
    "who vants a mustache ride?"

Removed at birth
    Padre,

I thought you were LBR's spiritual mentor. Give him some tips on humilty.
    Peace out! War In!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

u guys are dumbasses

Holy **** You Guys Are A Bunch Of Retards. Go Ride Your ****ing Bike And Ride Whatever You Like. Stop Arguing And Just Ride.

banned
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Weyvoless
    LBR,

Why are you so threatened by criticism. You are a great rider, so shut up and enjoy it. You have nothing to prove on this web board, and quite frankly, you should be embarrassed that your ego keeps you trolling this board looking for others to criticize. Show some humility, and you might eventually pick up a sponsor, and get noticed.
    I am thouroughly empbarassed with my actions. I have been drinking a lot of haterade lately and its gettig to me. One day i hope i can hold my sense of humor back, sensor all my actions adn get a factory ride. But for now I'm gonna keep it real.

banned
    Mar 2004
    Will everyone please lighten up a little bit, i put this up as a joke to see how many people i could get all fired up. Aparently you people love to huck your meat. Man i've had some good times cause there is nothing i love more than hatin'. But all good things must end, because its time to go to the trails and represet my sponsors. Yes Ben i have sponsors now. GAME LBR. Eat your pancakes.

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride To The Hills
    zedro, this thread needs your guidance.
    actually i'm quite impressed, the thread climbed out of the potential gutter, got mature viewpoints and remarks, had a minor slip but a quick recovery, then got a bit wacky to which only 50% of the posters seem to of 'got', leading to a now potential threat of a complete thread degradation....

you may all carry on...

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    actually i'm quite impressed, the thread climbed out of the potential gutter, got mature viewpoints and remarks, had a minor slip but a quick recovery, then got a bit wacky to which only 50% of the posters seem to of 'got', leading to a now potential threat of a complete thread degradation....

you may all carry on...
    Lol. Not quite as degrading as many threads from prior times. It seems to be mostly minor flaming as opposed to a true flamewar. *cough*Juanjo/VIA*cough*
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    L_8_It_up, I think it's NWD II you're thinking of, where Bender keeps trying to clear the Jaw Drop that he wrecked on in NWD I? Totally agree with your point though, it's not like I can do huge drops or anything, and I'm all for pushing your limits, but yah, I'm much more impressed by the well rounded rider, like Wade Simmons or or Tyler Klassen who are smooth or can do the skinnies, urban, whatever.

Shibby
    Shibster,

That's the film, couldn't recall the name but I looked at it in the store today.

Uhhhhh...
    Yea hucking takes some skill, landing it smoothly takes quite a bit, but landing a 180* from railroad track to railroad track would be mostly skill. Mostly the people who huck though have tons of skill-Cerdric Gracia can kill DH,4x, and Redbull. But skill is all relative to what your talking about, trails skills and DJs skills are not all the same although they overlap. LBR is keeping it real.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Removed at birth
    No pancakes for me LBR, I'm a meat Hucker, so it'll be Bacon and Weyvos Rancheros for me!
    Peace out! War In!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think all you skilless meat huckers got served. I don't believe in leaving the ground at all. It takes more skill to go really slow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Woohoo!

That makes me one of the most skilled riders in my group. They can kiss my ass the next time they tell me I need to get into better shape!

Quote Originally Posted by Moriority
    I think all you skilless meat huckers got served. I don't believe in leaving the ground at all. It takes more skill to go really slow.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

If you have a problem with hucking things why dont you just go into a corner and play with your lil' barbies!! Huckin is here.. and its going to stay!!! I cant help it if you dont have the balls for it, but I do, and I find it to be fun! Same with everyone else in this mes. board!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2 wheels, no motors, all good

Fun thread.

Stop hatin other riders, whether or not they ride like you. If there's a war it's people who ride bikes against people who don't, and that goes across all riding styles. The only battles worth fighting amongst ourselves are the ones against jackasses that create a negative impression on non-riders or ruin everyone else's access to the tasty stuff. Maybe that's what you meant? If so, try articulating a little better, unless you don't really care and just thought you were being clever.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Works
    If you have a problem with hucking things why dont you just go into a corner and play with your lil' barbies!! Huckin is here.. and its going to stay!!! I cant help it if you dont have the balls for it, but I do, and I find it to be fun! Same with everyone else in this mes. board!
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 01-23-2007 at 10:03 AM.

respect the wildlife
    Second, I will take my Klein and shaved ass and outride every last one of you until you go crying to your mother. I 360ed in a pair of lycra shorts no shirt and arm warmers. Im pretty h-core bro. I love how you jump to the conclusion that i cant ride but actually I own you.
    Will everyone please lighten up a little bit, i put this up as a joke to see how many people i could get all fired up.
    Regardless of how good you are, sounds like you need to lighten up yourself, bro. There's more to life, know what I mean?

banned
    Mar 2004

dirt works is so rad

Dude, Dirtbag, i mean dirt works, you are so sick man. One day i hope i can ride off cliffs with absolutely no style just like you. Maybe one day we can go out to virgin adn film and huck our meat together. I heard thats where all the real hucknasty goes down. Oh and thats a pretty good pic of Erik Estrada, u make that urself. That shows some real talent. You sould think about going into the art world they would probably love to see your creative genious. When you were sending that i bet u were so proud of yourself, pat yourself on the back for making oyurself look like an idiot. Come on tough guy. LBR is here to stay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob
    Regardless of how good you are, sounds like you need to lighten up yourself, bro. There's more to life, know what I mean?
    I think some people missed the whole "it's a joke" bit...

www.3dmtb.net

mtbr member
    i saw the raw footage of red bull rampage 3 a few days after the event. LBR you have to watch someones uncut vid of the event to truly appreciate gracia's winning run or shandro's 2nd place run (which by the way i thought was the best run of the finals and amazing for a 32 year old). i dirt jump more than huck, but freeriding is just as ( or even more) difficult. the talent level at the red bull is amazing. imagine hitting a 25 foot canyon gap with photographers in the landing zone, on each side of the "landing" (actually a narrow trail). your bar comes within inches of the guy on the left. then you head down the trail, turn and motion to a photgrapher to move, and then bust a 25 foot drop with one bike length's approach. i saw dozens of sequences like that. steve romaniuk (sp?) was simply stellar, building little booters to get air and extra distance off already huge drops. and throwing tricks off them. notice how cameron mccaul did not blow away the competition? or kyle strait? freeriding is just as legitimate as dirt jumping and has changed mountain biking a lot more than jumps have. the implication i get here is that LBR feels he could go to virgin and kill it and to that i say go for it!!!! show some pics when you get back.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    notice how cameron mccaul did not blow away the competition? or kyle strait?
    uh oh... *gloves off....

respect the wildlife
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBsSd
    I think some people missed the whole "it's a joke" bit...
    No I got that part. Point was you can't talk down to people like that then when they get pissed turn around and say "I was kidding, lighten up." That's not being funny, that's being something else.

Who are the brain police?
    I'm sorry but you're pretty hard to take seriously. All that "I own you" & "keeping it real" stuff -LOL!

On the "flip side" your boasts & lingo make for good entertainment. So... "keep on keepin' on bro cuz we all know now dat da rev-o-lution is rollin' n' LBR is core!". Boyz, 5000 G!!!
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    There's nothing funny about Keeping it real. Keeping it real is about as serious as it gets dude.

Pro Crastinator
    Dude, Dirtbag, i mean dirt works, you are so sick man. One day i hope i can ride off cliffs with absolutely no style just like you. Maybe one day we can go out to virgin adn film and huck our meat together. I heard thats where all the real hucknasty goes down. Oh and thats a pretty good pic of Erik Estrada, u make that urself. That shows some real talent. You sould think about going into the art world they would probably love to see your creative genious. When you were sending that i bet u were so proud of yourself, pat yourself on the back for making oyurself look like an idiot. Come on tough guy. LBR is here to stay.
    what's funny is that the only pics of LBR floating around, are all dead sailors......

talk about some wack style....

banned
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    what's funny is that the only pics of LBR floating around, are all dead sailors......

talk about some wack style....
    Time out, I was lookng at that pic u posted and realized that that was exactly a dead sailor. You looked like a big boner on a bike. Knees locked goofy threads. Your riding style is terrible alng with your clothing, at least if your gonna dead sailor take the hat out from underneah your helmet, this is 2004 not 1984.

banned
    Mar 2004

West coast sucka

Hey west coast sucka, why dont you go take your monster t and ride off more 4 foot drops. I heard theres a lot of picnic tables on the westside. You could hit those, but it might be hard to get that best of a bike on top of it. Make sure your bros get shots of you really eyein up those monster hucks for added sickness.

banned
    Mar 2004

dream4est

I will see you at rampage next year. As for Kyle and Cameron, Cam destroyed himself as many of us have seen but have you ever ridden wtih the kid, hes no one trick pony. Kyle got robbed, that kid tears up anything you want him to with style. Go dream about huckng your meat kook.

Pro Crastinator
    Time out, I was lookng at that pic u posted and realized that that was exactly a dead sailor. ........................
    Bwahahahahaha....... even a professional photographer couldn't help you........

LBR's impression of good style...... on some weak jump no less....

Pro Crastinator
    Hey west coast sucka, why dont you go take your monster t and ride off more 4 foot drops. I heard theres a lot of picnic tables on the westside. You could hit those, but it might be hard to get that best of a bike on top of it. Make sure your bros get shots of you really eyein up those monster hucks for added sickness.
    when you are done with the weakness of sheep hills, maybe you will venture over here to one of my summertime local spots........ (yep, keep scrolling to the right)

jibber of the unjibbable
    Bwahahahahaha....... even a professional photographer couldn't help you........

LBR's impression of good style...... on some weak jump no less....

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, you gone and done it now!! No Nugget Bowlin is come to your town and you'll have to fight down by the slide on the playground at 3:30, right after school, he'll teach you all about wack style with his ninja-esque sparring skills
    Boogie down to free James Brown

mtbr member
    Guys, this is just sad. If some little kid wants to go around, and wine about how we ride, deal with it. No need to start stuff over it, just let him be. After a while, he'll realise how stupid he really is. As for hucking big, and style, and everything, it really depends. A 10 foot drop, or even a 5 foot drop, done with style will ALWAYS look better than a 40+ drop. Benders good, he should just ride hardtails more, and get some more style. I may not be the "sickest" biker, but I believe I have style. I dont just huck myself off everything, I ride stuff with style, and came from a bmx background. Heck, the little table top ive been hittin better is fun, and personally I think its funner than any 20 foot drop. It really depends on preference, and what you enjoy seeing. I will always take style over size, but just ignore this fool, hes just another pest.

PS: I may seem kinda new, but ive been reading these boards since last year. I was just too lazy to sign up for a new account here

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Whoa, is that pic from crazy 80s, norcal/east bay?!?

I think I need to go huck my meat out there.

I mean jib my shizzel, to the pizzzo.

Yo

mtbr member
    when you are done with the weakness of sheep hills, maybe you will venture over here to one of my summertime local spots........ (yep, keep scrolling to the right)

Holy crap dude, any action shots?? Wow, those are sweet, how long did it take you guys to build all those, you got a bobcat or something?? As for LBR, he's a bit cocky, but if I were as good as him I'd be cocky too... Maybe we should all stop drinking the haterade and just ride

www.3dmtb.net

jibber of the unjibbable
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBsSd
    Holy crap dude, any action shots?? Wow, those are sweet, how long did it take you guys to build all those, you got a bobcat or something?? As for LBR, he's a bit cocky, but if I were as good as him I'd be cocky too... Maybe we should all stop drinking the haterade and just ride

are you trying to get into LBR's panties or something?
    Boogie down to free James Brown

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter.
    are you trying to get into LBR's panties or something?
    yeah, what's all this talk about LBR and his cocky?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    im starting a new war.

its a war on little *****es who moan and complain about people who can do things they dont have the BALLS to do themselves.

guess what, my first campaign is against you. *****

Members who have read this thread: 0