Waaah- Mtbr.com

Thread: Waaah

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!

Waaah

I have been slaving hard on my hardtail for the past year and a half. I reckon that squishy bikes need an expert hand to deal with properly, and me, a talentless guy had to practice and practice some more. Then one day, a guy who had too much money at his hands got a massive jump on bikes: three weeks ago he's on a hardtail, two weeks ago he got himself a Da Bomb Cherrybomb slopestyle bike, then this week he went for the real deal: a Da Bomb Bouncing Betty DH bike.

Being the curious guy I asked him for a spin on his bike on our little track. I tried to use my hardtail lines, and immediately I was blown away by the bike. Sure it did not take off like me hardtail but when I hit the roots I was still carrying a lot of speed. Then I took my kamikaze-no braking line to a fast off camber left, I was able to pull a full two-wheel drift! Amazing! I felt a little disappointed that my little hardtail can't do the things a full-blown squishy bike can do, and I sure want a DH or FR bike soon.
    make that ASAP.

Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

clyde in training
    cool...?

mtbr member
    I am stuck with a hardtail too for the moment heh, they build skill... keep telling yourself that as you crash into the wicked cool seat every time you hit a jump. But ya, I cannot do near the amount of stuff I can relating to DH on a hardtail... My hardtail can turn faster!

Pivotal figure
    Keep that hardtail even when you get a squish machine. It'll keep you from getting sloppy, and it can take a trail that's kinda gotten boring and make it interesting again.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Glad to Be Alive
    take it from an old guy........get rid of the hartail as quick as possible if you are using it for DH....when your young it is all cool but later in age, your back, ankles, knees, and wrist will thank me for that advice....it sucks getting old and all the pain you go through if yopu abuse your body when you are young (don't be foolish)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    SMT is correct. When I bombed a few runs on my XC bike yesterday I can feel it all. And I am not that old even, but from years of that ya all my joints are gone ;p Hardtails are fun just not for DH.

mtbr member
    well for the next few weeks im in the hardtail crew lol

im on a jone stuff (shivers down spine)

i can not wait to get my DH bike back, on it i take diff lines, i jump bigger and just more trusting but hay may be the hardtail will teach me a thing or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

ready to ride
    I know what you mean.
    For the longest time I rode a HT. Then my freind got a DH bike I was jealous of it every time we went riding because he could ride better lines and ride down bigger drops. I kept saving and eventualy got my nice ride. I have my HT still and I still ride it. You can feel the differance but its not that much if you ride like crazy anyway.

My advice... Keep saving, get a better DH bike than Richie Rich, keep both bikes and ride them both.

rfr
    N* = <3 <3]

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    My only problem is when. I sure want that bike to come when I have the time in my hands (like in graduate school), not only on weekends!
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

ready to ride
    Just keep on saving, check craigslist,ebay,whatever,(constantly) and buy your dream bike.
    It worked for me.

Or, Just keep on saving, check your local bike shop, online bike shop,whatever,(constantly) and buy your dream bike.

If you look for it all the time you will find it sooner, rather than later and therefore have more
    time to ride before your life becomes hectic with full-time jobs.
    rfr
    N* = <3 <3]

Members who have read this thread: 0