VT 2 Question- Mtbr.com

Thread: VT 2 Question

Infinite Power

New question here. VT 2 Question

A friend of mine has a 2003 Giant VT2 that has the stock fork a Psylo XC with U-Turn. He's been up grading the bike for the Freeride role. Now he want's to replace the fork with something that will hold up to that type of riding, but he doesn't want a 20mm axle because he just put a set of Mavic CrossMax rims on the bike. So guys; what would be a good fork in the price range of no higher than $600.00 bucks.
    I have two in mind, but I want to see how many hits I get on the two I have picked.
    Thanks...9 Lives
    {The only hard day, was yesterday!}

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Lives
    A friend of mine has a 2003 Giant VT2 that has the stock fork a Psylo XC with U-Turn. He's been up grading the bike for the Freeride role. Now he want's to replace the fork with something that will hold up to that type of riding, but he doesn't want a 20mm axle because he just put a set of Mavic CrossMax rims on the bike. So guys; what would be a good fork in the price range of no higher than $600.00 bucks.
    I have two in mind, but I want to see how many hits I get on the two I have picked.
    Thanks...9 Lives
    That bike really isnt ment for freeride... but a good friend of mine has an 02' Marzocchi Z1FR with the standard quick release dropouts. Its in awesome condition, has only been ridden XC, i have a pic of it, hes been tryin to sell it to help pay off his frame. if you think your friend might be interested i can post a couple pics right here on this thread. He is asking 250$. get back to me asap because its possible it might be put on ebay. get back to me by tonight or tommoro.

Cynical Bystander
    Thanks...9 Lives
    Maybe a QR Sherman?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Infinite Power

Cool-blue Rhythm Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    That bike really isnt ment for freeride... but a good friend of mine has an 02' Marzocchi Z1FR with the standard quick release dropouts. Its in awesome condition, has only been ridden XC, i have a pic of it, hes been tryin to sell it to help pay off his frame. if you think your friend might be interested i can post a couple pics right here on this thread. He is asking 250$. get back to me asap because its possible it might be put on ebay. get back to me by tonight or tommoro.
    But my friend want's to install something late 2003 or 2004. Great price though I'm sure it will sell quick on E-Bay.
    {The only hard day, was yesterday!}

We get titles?
    But my friend want's to install something late 2003 or 2004. Great price though I'm sure it will sell quick on E-Bay.
    Standard dropouts? He's in luck. Supergo's been clearing out O3 Marzocchi's. 2003 Z1 FR originally $519, on sale for $344.98. Or the 2003 Z1FR SL (air version) originally $599, on sale for $359.99. I don't believe he can get a better fork for the money.