Vote on best bike parks and win free stuff...- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive

Vote on best bike parks and win free stuff...

the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Filled out the survey. I'm assuming this is your link for sharing. Enjoy the benefits.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Can I still get free stuff without filling out the surveys?
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

9 lives
    done!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    @Jonezed7 - Thanks for filling out the survey!
    As far as we can tell, it looks like Shiver Me Timbers shared the original article from the MTBparks site. Either way, you know you get extra entries for sharing. Hope you're taking advantage of that opportunity and sharing with your friends.
    Michelle
    Vote for your favorite lift access bike parks and win!
    BestBikeParks.com

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    [QUOTE=MtbParks;12483272 Hope you're taking advantage of that opportunity and sharing with your friends.
    Michelle[/QUOTE]

Is sushi dinner with Michelle and Lance included in the prizes?????
    Brian
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

Elitest thrill junkie
    I hope it's more than the $5 "prize" promised at the end.

In any case:

Some of the biggest weaknesses I find are the bike rentals, in a lot of places, on pretty serious mountains, they are pathetic. They don't have any springs of different weight to set up the bike for a rider. They don't even have shocks like Vivid Airs or the like for set-up. You're basically F-ed as far as suspension goes and a "demo" bike is not really that, it's a nicer bike that you are given that they'll adjust the seatpost and control angles for you, if you're lucky. I think I even had one person at WP tell me "we can adjust the shock for you", and when I inquired he meant turn the rebound dial. That should equal a quick punch to the nose.

Getting a bike set up for your correctly can be the difference between fighting a bike all day and struggling to have any fun, looking forward to the next lift-ride for relief, and enjoying the downhills and runs and wanting to get back on the trail as soon as possible. Lots of the trails are set up so you have to take the bike to a decent speed to clear the obstacles, and that's precisely where these ill set-up bikes really start to suck. Whether it's bottoming on a drop or being 200lbs oversprung and giving you 3" of suspension travel, this is a huge issue with these parks. A lot of visiting people don't bring their DH bikes (if they have one), as it's usually better to rent for a day or two and at the very best if you have one and bring it, you are hoping your bike doesn't get mauled in airline-transport.

Apart from that, general trail-construction and maintenance is also (although usually obviously) an issue, with places that are interested in the sport developing and maintaining their trails and others just giving you the "go-F yourself and ride our mountain" on their blown-out trails that were hacked into the mountain 7 years ago and have seen repeated snow/dirt(dust) cycles with no improvements. Even a small place can do pretty well IMO if they are interested in good trails, they can often leverage the local riding community. Some of the bigger places are the biggest offenders, with the corporate attitude of "we are going to offer all these summer activities, mountain biking too!" and the DH park basically gets no attention or resources.

Anyways, did Keystone last year in addition to some others, was super fun at Keystone. Super-glad I went there vs. other places.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    That's a good one AZDog!
    Sure, I'll play along. Anyone at the Bootleg Reaper Madness race who has acquired at least 30 entry points from sharing the survey is invited to join me and Lance for sushi dinner on MTBparks. (You currently have 1 point Brian, so you better get busy!)

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    I hope it's more than the $5 "prize" promised at the end.
    Nah, nothing special. Really.

DVO DH Suspension Package
    3 Day + 3 Night Whistler Bike Park Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Angel Fire Bike Park Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Park City Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Burke Bike Park Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Killington Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Grand Targhee Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Mammoth Bike Park Trip + Kamikaze Games Entries

Plus T-shirts, Hats, MTBparks Passes, etc.

The $5 gift certificate is our way of saving thank you to everyone who votes and even that grows in value if you take advantage of the extra ways to earn entries.

Looks like you have a lot of valuable riding experience at different resorts and I'm pretty sure you'd actually enjoy taking the survey. But if you don't see the point, that's cool.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbParks View Post
    Nah, nothing special. Really.

DVO DH Suspension Package
    3 Day + 3 Night Whistler Bike Park Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Angel Fire Bike Park Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Park City Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Burke Bike Park Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Killington Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Grand Targhee Trip
    2 Day + 2 Night Mammoth Bike Park Trip + Kamikaze Games Entries

Plus T-shirts, Hats, MTBparks Passes, etc.

The $5 gift certificate is our way of saving thank you to everyone who votes and even that grows in value if you take advantage of the extra ways to earn entries.

Looks like you have a lot of valuable riding experience at different resorts and I'm pretty sure you'd actually enjoy taking the survey. But if you don't see the point, that's cool.
    No no, I took the survey, I definitely like riding parks and I'll do vacation trips just to do so! Awesome!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Awesome! Thank you!!
    Vote for your favorite lift access bike parks and win!
    BestBikeParks.com