Virgin last weekend in October- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Virgin last weekend in October

A group of us are going to ride the rampage course. Well some of it!! We will be there October 26, 27 ,28 any body up for it. The more people we have the better. I want to really test out my Canfield. I have only truly ridin her a few times this year.

Pro Crastinator
    i'll have to see about finding a ride, my truck just clapped out. if i can find one, i am in....

mtbr member

Taco finally folded?

Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i'll have to see about finding a ride, my truck just clapped out. if i can find one, i am in....
    So much for Toy reliabilty.
    But even a lousy downhill run is better than a day in the office!
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

Glad to Be Alive

it finally died....what did it sound like???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    it finally died....what did it sound like???
    Smelled like burnt wasabi, sounded like a thousand chopstick breaking and a puddle of Kikoman soy sause was found under the truck.
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Vert
    Smelled like burnt wasabi, sounded like a thousand chopstick breaking and a puddle of Kikoman soy sause was found under the truck.
    hjere is what happen....WCH changed his oil and put all his new oil in the transmission....he kept on checking it and it was overfilled.....then he drives with no oil 40 miles.....after that is lifters were all fucced........wondering if he dropped the bottom end or not.......a sad thing
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    hope you're kidding...
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Vert
    hope you're kidding...

nope......very sad

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I didnt have time to actually hike up it but there are some go jumps and drops at the base.

Hisforever
    hjere is what happen....WCH changed his oil and put all his new oil in the transmission....he kept on checking it and it was overfilled.....then he drives with no oil 40 miles.....after that is lifters were all fucced........wondering if he dropped the bottom end or not.......a sad thing

Dis True or BS?

Moxie HT
    Orbea Rallon (fo sale)
    sb 130/150
    Evil Undead/Calling
    Yz 250x

Pro Crastinator
    never smoke weed and then proceed to change your oil on your own for the first time....

my lifters are all wacked out now but she still runs, i just don't feel comfortable taking her....

Glad to Be Alive
    never smoke weed and then proceed to change your oil on your own for the first time....

my lifters are all wacked out now but she still runs, i just don't feel comfortable taking her....
    mike are you just going to do head work or new rebuilt????

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    What the ? WCH that is nutso about your truck. That would be sweet if you could make the trip where the heck are you any way?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Just2wilde
    What the ? WCH that is nutso about your truck. That would be sweet if you could make the trip where the heck are you any way?

maybe I will drag him along....it all depends on bike issues

mtbr member
    What year yota do ya have WCH, my bro has an 88, and its still going

Hisforever

Dayum Cuz...

Moxie HT
    Orbea Rallon (fo sale)
    sb 130/150
    Evil Undead/Calling
    Yz 250x

C_S
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hmmmm, very tempting. I might make the trip down from Salt Lake and take some pictures of you foos chucking yourselves off stuff.

WCH - get Neil to drive and get your trash out there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Virgin trip

Sweet hope you can make it ya

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    count me in!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hey guys I just Talked to Chris Canfield and it sounds like he is going to try and make the trip the more the better tell everyone you know.

Glad to Be Alive
    Hey guys I just Talked to Chris Canfield and it sounds like he is going to try and make the trip the more the better tell everyone you know.

what about lance????

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Let me check

I have not spoken to Lance. I think that I still have his number, I will call him today. It is starting to sound like a pretty good group of riders will show up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    hey just2wilde, i was there in virgin with you last weekend on my howler, it will sure take larger hits than i ever thought. but my sherman is about to go to the grave, sigh. but anyway, it was one of the best virgin trips i ever had.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    That was not me but glade you had a good trip. Last time I was there was in novemeber of 05

Shiver what are the bike issues you are talking about

N_W
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    C_S is right!!! WCH we need another BEER drinking road trip! this time i'll slow down to 70 mph as you climb out my side window to get beer.

mtbr member
    I wanna go!!! But I'm still in DC. And my rr shock is done. I hate it.
    Bikeless Rider

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I Called lance and he said that he would love to come but he is going back to tawain to work on the lucky frames production so he is a no go because he gets back on the 29th.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    A group of us are going to ride the rampage course. Well some of it!! We will be there October 26, 27 ,28 any body up for it. The more people we have the better. I want to really test out my Canfield. I have only truly ridin her a few times this year.
    I wish i had the balls to ride the area. Was there passing through and witnessed the last year of rampage in awe! Have fun man!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hey man come on down there will be alot of experinced riders there. You can watch and ask questions that is how all of us learned to do it. Coattailing is what this sport is all about until you gain you own experince. So come watch ride and ask questions.

Wyrm you wuss get down here right now that is a lame excuss for being scared of virgin hahahaha really wish you could come man you are going to miss some killer rideing

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    make sure you take lotss of pics and post them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

passing through

I'll be passing through on the way back to Montana, and would love to watch. What time on Friday and Saturday, and can you post directions on how to get there?

mtbr member
    I was planning on driving over from New Mexico to ride with Bender this weekend. It would be cool if we had some extra guys to throw down with and do some Monkey shuttles (assuming that several of you are still gonna be there). Will you guys be around the Rampage stuff on Friday?
    RICH

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

we will be there

We should be done there around 1 or 2 to ride on friday that would be awesome to ride with you and bender Pm me adn we will decide where to meet.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

I'm in. Friday and Saturday. I will try to drag some other guys down as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey man come on down there will be alot of experinced riders there. You can watch and ask questions that is how all of us learned to do it. Coattailing is what this sport is all about until you gain you own experince. So come watch ride and ask questions.

Wyrm you wuss get down here right now that is a lame excuss for being scared of virgin hahahaha really wish you could come man you are going to miss some killer rideing
    seroiusly awhile back i asked where the site was exactly and they said oh you cant ride that
    SMT said i shouldnt go near that place with a bike.
    i went there and it was one of the greastest rides i every had. i pushed my self alot and became a better rider.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Nice, I'm looking forward to getting in some good riding and hangin out. It's been too long. I'll have work out the kinks in my creeky old bones.

I hope someone has medical experience. With everyone bustin out I'm afraid I'll be dumb enough to break something.

See you Gents this weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    RayRay the best way to get directions is to call shuntavi bikes because I can not remember the exit numbe off of I-15 the number there is 435-635-7328 or check out thier web site for more info about them @ www.shuntavibikes.com they are very helpful and would by glad to help. sorry that I cannot remember the directions you may be able to mapquest to virgin then ask directions I rode with some one the first time then let someone who knew how to get there navigate the last time if any one else knows the directions let ray ray know ya.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailll
    seroiusly awhile back i asked where the site was exactly and they said oh you cant ride that
    SMT said i shouldnt go near that place with a bike.
    i went there and it was one of the greastest rides i every had. i pushed my self alot and became a better rider.

yeaaash better at pedaling around everything.................

C_S
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'll be there for sure. Leaving late Thursday night.

I don't know any of you though (except Dr.B) so I guess I'll just be on the lookout for anybody with big bikes. I'll be in a Silver Subaru and riding a gold bullit with a 888.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the shop info, I'll swing by there when I get into town.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    We will be in a white Yukon with bikes all over it if ya know what i mean I am so excited all the good trail up here in Idaho are snowed on or to muddy to be safe see you guys there.

mtbr member
    I'm meeting Bender in springdale mid morning on friday. I figure we'll head over to rampage by noon for some "Warm-up" .There are some fun jump lines between the prelim and final areas and the cool 35 foot step down gap that always gets me in the flow of that place. I'm sure a Monkey shuttle or two for the afternoon will be in order. I'll look for everyone friday, I'll be in a white Tacoma truck -sounds like there is going to be a good turn-out. Hope to see you all then
    RICH

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    yeaaash better at pedaling around everything.................
    at least i went.shouldnt be talking, imean you have some skillz when it comes to tech. stuff like the wall of death and i respect that, but when it comes to drops and jumps you arent the most skilled.

no offence

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The fact that you call a 35 ft step down a warm up is incredible but we will see you there for sure.

mtbr member
    The fact that you call a 35 ft step down a warm up is incredible but we will see you there for sure.
    Well I don't do it directly out of the car but after a few jumps the speed of the step down is real representative of alot of the main stuff out there. It also has real easy access compared to pushing up high on the ridge so I like that area as a "warm-up" zone

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailll
    at least i went.shouldnt be talking, imean you have some skillz when it comes to tech. stuff like the wall of death and i respect that, but when it comes to drops and jumps you arent the most skilled.

no offence
    skill and desire are very different.........you have no clue.......

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Ok that I can see the speed of things is vital down there. I am excited to see some of the good riders that are coming so that I can learn how to do some of the stuff you guys do.

Members who have read this thread: 0