versus trigger- Mtbr.com

Thread: versus trigger

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004

versus trigger

just wondering if anyone has any insight, info on this bike?

my friend is looking into FR bikes and this is one of them, so I thought I would inquire here.

the Trigger looks pretty cool. Though isn't it the same suspension as a Kona?

thanks,
    -tep

mtbr member

Trigger Info

Hi, my friend has one,I live in the Bay Area so we see them first. SOLID BIKE, really nice machining, all in all a nice bike. Kinda longish for me though, can't manual it but it's not my bike set up. As far as like a Kona...it has similar pivot points but that's it. Thumbs up

-> SickLines.com <-
    the blitz is a whole lot stiffer, has needle bearing and is a totally different bike than your standard Kona. Definitly a good bike for doing FR and its built

mtbr member
    i rode a trigger as well as a blitz 2 and they are both very solid bikes. the trigger itself seemed like a great bike for the gnarly stuff....im sure if your friend bought it he would not be let down. the needle bearings that versus uses are awesome. Herb told me a bunch about them and showed me one that he had laying around when i went to the warehouse...definitely a nice thing to have on a bike thats going to take a ton of abuse. although i didn't buy a bike from them it was not because i didn't like their bikes, i actually loved them. they take a ton of pride in their designs and are super nice people to talk to.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    There is no comparision between the Trigger and a kona. The suspension is much plusher at first and ramps up nicely at the end. The rear end will also be much stiffer and the whole bike is stronger. I'm selling my RMX right now to get a Trigger. All those bikes ride really well. I don't know anyone who has gotten one and regreted it.

Members who have read this thread: 0