versus blitz 1 vs. trek session 77- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

versus blitz 1 vs. trek session 77

i was think of getting one of these frames for ma new bike. im leaning towards the trek but im not sure yet. what do ya think?
    Signatures are for losers

banned
    Blitz.

-> SickLines.com <-
    i'd also go with the blitz.

mtbr member
    whats wrong with the session

moaaar shimz
    +1 Blitz

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i don't have any time on a blitz but i really love the session. the bike is really over built and pedals quite well. i changed the fork to an 05 66 vf with 170mm of travel. and have changed a few other components and added a blackspire stinger guide.

Glad to Be Alive
    non FSR 4bar rear isn't good unless you run a floating brake......if you are using it to freeride then that is all right ....if you are trying to get down a mountain fast then I wouldn't buy it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Blitz: Quality #1 - Design #2 -Indepent Frame CO #3

I personally picked a 06 Blitz for my freeride/all mountain bike. I have already pedalled this rig up over 5,000 vert within a few days and I can tell you: You will be stoked on the Blitz. Multiple downhill runs and every one I get quicker. Confidence inspiring. The Trek does not come close in rear stiffness. Therefore, it corners better. It rails. Balance point very nice for manuals, seated manuals and wheelies. Needle bearings w/ External grease ports - top quality - easy service - . Custom Cnc'd junction. This is a freeride bike...and this is a race bike. Perfect choice for pedally downhill courses and Super D. Customer support has been great, you won't be put on hold, like with Trek. As for frame design and the floating brake comment. They use a very similiar design, only slight variances. Neither is a FSR, but that really doesn't matter. It performs and pins. Lay off the brakes buddy, if you think a floater is nessacary on a 170mm travel bike. Tonight, I ride at night. It's on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

-> SickLines.com <-
    ColoradoBigMTB you're missing some parts on that bike if you're planning on riding it :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBigMountainMTB
    I personally picked a 06 Blitz for my freeride/all mountain bike. I have already pedalled this rig up over 5,000 vert within a few days and I can tell you: You will be stoked on the Blitz. Multiple downhill runs and every one I get quicker. Confidence inspiring. The Trek does not come close in rear stiffness. Therefore, it corners better. It rails. Balance point very nice for manuals, seated manuals and wheelies. Needle bearings w/ External grease ports - top quality - easy service - . Custom Cnc'd junction. This is a freeride bike...and this is a race bike. Perfect choice for pedally downhill courses and Super D. Customer support has been great, you won't be put on hold, like with Trek. As for frame design and the floating brake comment. They use a very similiar design, only slight variances. Neither is a FSR, but that really doesn't matter. It performs and pins. Lay off the brakes buddy, if you think a floater is nessacary on a 170mm travel bike. Tonight, I ride at night. It's on.
    i would not be getting that one i would be gettin this one, but i dont know if there would be any difference

mtbr member
    give dogonfr a bit to get in here. he loves his blitz.....i have ridden with him and he keeps up with the guys on full on DH bikes. definetly a capable bike.

mtbr member
    trekk

mtbr member
    kind of seems like you want the session....which is fine. after thinking about it more i would just get whichever is cheaper. they seem very similar with geo and how they are usually built up.

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    trekk

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    give dogonfr a bit to get in here. he loves his blitz.....i have ridden with him and he keeps up with the guys on full on DH bikes. definetly a capable bike.
    skill overmatches bike
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    skill overmatches bike
    true dat.....but even if he isn't skilled yet it will still do him well. (not saying he isn't)

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Blitz Krieg!!!

Run a Blitz! You'll be stoked. You'll have a more unique ride! And it's definately a sexy one.

Elitest thrill junkie
    i checked out the session 77 at the local shop the other day.

They do most things "right", but they also screwed up something important.

Most of the pivots are huge, making lateral flex a non issue, but the top shock bolt is very long, and just the regular size. This means that you can bend shock bolts due to how long they are (leverage) and it's pretty sad that with everything else, they didn't address this. There's a reason that the linkage plates on my turner are angled to allow for the shortest bolt as possible, and that's to prevent the bolts from bending, and wearing out the bushing and the shock mounts on the bike.

Oh well...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Rocket Scientist
    My Blitz is forsale:

Nice Freeride Rig
    2005 Versus Blitz Frame Size L with Fox DHX 5.0 800lb Spring w/ FSA 0 Stack Integrated Headset.
    Azonic Outlaw Wheels - 20mm Front & 12mm x 135mm Rear
    NYC Freeride 12mm to 10mm Step Down Rear Axle
    Maxxis Minion DHF 26x2.5 Front - Maxxis High Roller 26x2.5 Rear
    Stans Tubeless Setup
    Azonic World Force 2.0in Rise Bars
    ODI Ruffian Grips
    Race Face Diabolus 50mm Stem
    Truvativ Hussefelft 170mm Cranks
    Truvativ Gigapipe DH ISIS BB 68/73mm x 118mm BB
    MRP World Cup System 2 Chain Guide 40t Max
    Marzocchi 66RC2 170mm Travel - Very Nice Fork!!
    SRAM 990 Cassette
    SRAM 950 Chain
    Shimano DX 7 Platform Pedals
    Titec 30.9 Seat Post
    Titec Berserkr Seat
    Hope QR Seat Clamp
    Shimano XTR Rear Derailleur
    SRAM Attack Trigger Shifter

DOES NOT COME WITH HOPE MONO 4 BRAKES!

$2500.00

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

One More tick for the Versus

I have the old Blitz with a 150mm travel 66RC and couldn't love it more. If I want to ride twenty miles on the street I put some hookworms on and go. If I want to go downhill I put some Kenda's or Maxxis on and I go. It does everything except skateparks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Sick Rig. I hope you get what your asking. Looks new. These bikes can do it all.
    I am stoked on my Versus. Quiet as a puma, Tough as King Kong. Ahh Yea. See you on the trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Trek Session 77 is sick. I own it and its very sexy.

I am selling it however. But not to get another bike, I'm getting out of the sport (not cause of any bad experiance w/ the Trek). So if you are at all interested, PM me or whatever, I'll let it go for a decent price. All it has is PRAIRIE miles.

Sorry for the sales pitch sounding post.

Thanks,
    Cam
    After The Gold Rush

SMT Supporter
    Both are more o less same thing. I only can say that riding a trek sucks! just beacuse trek sucks! support a small company that helps the freeride world to grow up! get the Versus! Also with small companies you get better customer service.

New School
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongiafer
    Both are more o less same thing. I only can say that riding a trek sucks! just beacuse trek sucks! support a small company that helps the freeride world to grow up! get the Versus! Also with small companies you get better customer service.
    TREK SUCKS! HA! You guys are right, both of these bikes are sick, especially the monsterous pivots on the blitz, monsterous like a chinamen's penis. That picture of the Trek, yea, that badass looking one, is my bike. That is after being ridden, raced, stunted, and sent after 1 full year of summer and winter riding, in whistler, norcal, and northstar. And why am I selling it, for a session 10 of course. Lifetime warantee on the Trek, made in the USA. Support Versus?!, I know people on their full team who quit after a few months with them. Customer service is better at a small company? Are you serios, a made in china in a small ass new company is better than Trek? ****, the session will never break, and if it does, you get a new one within about a week. Props.
    ALGIO E OLIO!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    get the trek !!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    If you can ride a small, get a closeout 2005 Session 77. The build kit is great and the price is right. I run the build kit off a 2005 Session 77 (but not the frame - the Session was nice, but my Sinister is better) and I love it. The Bontrager wheels are very nice - I've pounded on them and they have no wobbles, warps, looses spokes, nothing.
    -Skimming the successpool of corporate America-

the best of both worlds
    The Blitz I has weak pivots and lots of lateral flex in the rear end. I USED to have one. Get the Trek or maybe a Transition Dirtbag.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmac
    TREK SUCKS! HA! You guys are right, both of these bikes are sick, especially the monsterous pivots on the blitz, monsterous like a chinamen's penis. That picture of the Trek, yea, that badass looking one, is my bike. That is after being ridden, raced, stunted, and sent after 1 full year of summer and winter riding, in whistler, norcal, and northstar. And why am I selling it, for a session 10 of course. Lifetime warantee on the Trek, made in the USA. Support Versus?!, I know people on their full team who quit after a few months with them. Customer service is better at a small company? Are you serios, a made in china in a small ass new company is better than Trek? ****, the session will never break, and if it does, you get a new one within about a week. Props.
    sing it man. agreed 100%

mtbr member
    opp i just ordered a kona stinky

the best of both worlds
    good choice! You don't need the headache of a Blitz.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    That was a sudden change of events...

Jersey Hucker

good choice

when i started reading this thread i was thinking why hadn't you looked at Kona, but you did and made a great choice. it's a lot like the Trek but i'd rather pay Kona than Trek

mtbr member
    i no, it seems like an even match... i currently own a trek and i am getting a versus blitz! haha
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

SMT Supporter
    sing it man. agreed 100%
    If you were so shure about your descision and you wanted the Trek, i don't know why you started this F#cking thead! A$$!

New School
    dude, azonic rider, you will be mad stoked. I am glad that picture 'stuck,' I had a deadline to reach to sell that Session to get the 10. So I took some pink bike wash and my digital camera and used my 2 years photo experience to frame that photo.
    ALGIO E OLIO!

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    good choice you f'ing sh*t girlfriend on my breasts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmac
    dude, azonic rider, you will be mad stoked. I am glad that picture 'stuck,' I had a deadline to reach to sell that Session to get the 10. So I took some pink bike wash and my digital camera and used my 2 years photo experience to frame that photo.
    Hey Cmac whats that session 7 weigh in at? Did you ever take it out to trail ride? If so, how did it feel? I know it's built to bomb, but was wondering how it felt to trail ride too.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    im glad to see ma thread is still alive. ive since gotten a new bike. ahhhhh somthing is gettin STINKY in here

mtbr member
    im glad to see ma thread is still alive. ive since gotten a new bike. ahhhhh somthing is gettin STINKY in here
    pics?

mtbr member
    not quite yet

Members who have read this thread: 0