vandherham with cove now?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

vandherham with cove now?

i dont know if this is news or not but i just read the article on nsmb about the new saint stuff and saw in the pics vandherham is on a cove http://www.nsmb.com/page/s/2528/saint-reborn-part-ii/
    so this is how you add a signature!!

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    my bad didnt read too deep into those other posts
    so this is how you add a signature!!

mtbr member
    He ripped it in Seasons on his Flatline though!

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin G
    True dat! Got a killer lap with the the guy that designed the Flatline (Darcy) two weeks ago. Dude straight up rips on that thing and is super cool. I definitely plan to demo one from Summit one of these days.

Seems like Vandersteeze has been riding the flat black sunday and white Shocker a fair bit (at least in the park). He was a couple of people in front of me in the lift line and one of the groms directly in front of me asked/commented to him about riding the Sunday. His reply was that he was just testing out a few bikes to see what he likes best. I'm guessing that with his other sponsors (dakine, Fox Racing, Zocchi, Saint, etc.) he's not in a huge rush to get a new bike sponsor and can hold out for the best possible bike / deal.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    No doubt! That step-up was just silly! I obviously don't know all the details, but one way or another there's a Rocky executive banging his head on his desk right now...

Didn't stop sales for me though, I just put a deposit on a Flatline 3 at our shop. Hopefully the maiden voyage will be this weekend!

EB: I met Darcy last year when he was riding the prototype. We did a run on DM together. He told me a lot of details about the bike that had me stoked last year... Cool guy!

mtbr member
    Cliffy, nice one. I was eyeing a Flatline myself; although just went an alternate route along the Highline.

Actually saw one at Northstar last weekend. Didn't even know they were out yet! How much are the frames running for?

Just roll it......
    Cliffy, nice one. I was eyeing a Flatline myself; although just went an alternate route along the Highline.

Actually saw one at Northstar last weekend. Didn't even know they were out yet! How much are the frames running for?
    They're all over Whistler, but that's mainly because there's a large shop (Summit Sports) that rents them. Of course, all the guys in that shop are running them and have been giving rave reviews on them. They're an honest bunch of guys and would give me the straight poop if they weren't loving them too (I know this from my manitou woes previously).

I'd say that, unless you're looking for a pure DH bike, then the Highline is a better pickup for you. The flatline would compare better with a DHR, Sunday, El Cuervo, etc. and due to it's geometry, isn't nearly as versatile as a Highline, IMO, which can be built up in various ways.

Cheers,
    EB

Living Ghetto Fabulous!

Not sure about frame prices, but the gold/yellow color is a little bit much for me... The boss of my shop ordered the 3 cause it had the best bang for the buck. DHX 5.0, Saint brakes, LG-1, ect. ect. It sure rides nice, can't wait to shred the local trails...

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    They're all over Whistler, but that's mainly because there's a large shop (Summit Sports) that rents them.

I'd say that, unless you're looking for a pure DH bike, then the Highline is a better pickup for you. The flatline would compare better with a DHR, Sunday, El Cuervo, etc. and due to it's geometry, isn't nearly as versatile as a Highline, IMO, which can be built up in various ways.

Cheers,
    EB
    Yup. That's what my buddy Max said as he was up there a couple weeks ago. They're all over he said in that crazy wierd yellow color...

I'm stoked to get on one cause I had a Cuervo couple years back and it was my favorite big bike I've had. It was a medium though and after riding a Switch that was the right size for me, I gave up the Cuervo for something that fit me. Now it's the Flatline...

Hopefully I'll be able to put it through it's paces in a couple weeks... Yeah baby; Wizzler.

P.S. anyone notice the:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Will be getting a DHR for more pure DH; but points taken. Post photos when you get it! I like Vanderham's raw silver one. When that bike was in prototype format it looked bangin' nice too.

N* Bomber Crew
    Will be getting a DHR for more pure DH; but points taken. Post photos when you get it! I like Vanderham's raw silver one. When that bike was in prototype format it looked bangin' nice too.
    DHR + Northstar = f

Where f=fast.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    I know you rip on one, Raptor. My Judge just ain't cutting it. Can't get the suspension to feel right, and cornering isn't ideal.

First building up a Highline (sold my Prophet) and then will do a DHR off season. Will be consulting you then!

mtbr member
    i think u lot were talking bout the demo's so im gunner have some thing to say...has any one noticed the realy small triangle at the back, does any one know how much stress that goes under? a hell off a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by bxxer rider
    i think u lot were talking bout the demo's so im gunner have some thing to say...has any one noticed the realy small triangle at the back, does any one know how much stress that goes under? a hell off a lot!
    ...ya lost me.

Members who have read this thread: 0