V10 or VPFree?- Mtbr.com

Thread: V10 or VPFree?

mtbr member

V10 or VPFree?

I live in Snowmass, CO. What would be better a V10 or a VPFree?
    Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory last forever.

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by primopro250
    I live in Snowmass, CO. What would be better a V10 or a VPFree?
    can you describe the intended riding?

ride hard take risks
    Judging from his avitar i'd say indoor sports.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I've never been to Snowmass but the general rule is if you only ride chair-lift accessable trails then the V10. If you plan on riding up, then the VPFree.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    I've never been to Snowmass but the general rule is if you only ride chair-lift accessable trails then the V10. If you plan on riding up, then the VPFree.
    yep...I would stick with the VP free
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member

if you got lift. get a V-10.

If you can get lift tickets easy or a season pass!! get a V-10, I got both V-10 and Vp-free and everytime I go to keystone or anywere with lift I take my V-10, is more fun. don't get me wrong now if you build the Free all DH, is nice too, but the V-10 is a little more stable going fast than the VP Free is. believe me I know.!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorelegs
    If you can get lift tickets easy or a season pass!! get a V-10, I got both V-10 and Vp-free and everytime I go to keystone or anywere with lift I take my V-10, is more fun. don't get me wrong now if you build the Free all DH, is nice too, but the V-10 is a little more stable going fast than the VP Free is. believe me I know.!!
    Holy ****...
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member

you have either alot of cash or are now broke

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Sorelegs I have one heck of a respect for you man, are you professional? Whatever you are make sure you lock the garage door before I come and break in (droool) lol!

Sorry I making this thread off topic - I say what sorelegs says...

pwn3rator
    the free is more of a big trail bike than a dh bike, it can be as a dh bike but it's quite a bit tller/steeper than the v10...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    you have either alot of cash or are now broke

i think he has a foes also haha
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

not really a noob
    i thougth it would be hard to steal bikes...
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

rollin
    the V-10 is a little more stable going fast than the VP Free is.
    hey sorelegs, is that the 5th element on your v10? how do you like it? have you swapped the dhx with the 5th on both bikes as a comparison? vpf and v10 have the same shock eye-to-eye and stroke.
    can you describe the differences in suspension feel and performance, between the vpfree and the v10?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    i've got a v-10 now. i've been very glad to have all that travel when i've screwed up- it's REALLY got me out of some hairy situations. but i wish i could afford another bike, because my everyday bike would totally be a vp free. i just recently started a mtn bike club in vegas called "Flowline", our theme is 'uniting riders' (EVERY BIKER)...okay, here come's the cheap plug in-www.teamflowline.com(coming soon) or 702.326.8981- and i talked a couple of our guys into getting free's last month. they both did and LOVE them!!! one was on a c.dale gemini, the other has sc bullit & 4x.the v-10 has an interupted seat tube, and the 05/06 has a long wheel base. good luck on finding one you like. oh, and from a shop's stand point- sc's customer service IS THE WORST, so find a dealer you like, and trust, and go to them! they'll be there for you!
    Last edited by Badapple724; 02-26-2006 at 02:28 AM.

mtbr member

is a DHX 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    hey sorelegs, is that the 5th element on your v10? how do you like it? have you swapped the dhx with the 5th on both bikes as a comparison? vpf and v10 have the same shock eye-to-eye and stroke.
    can you describe the differences in suspension feel and performance, between the vpfree and the v10?
    Sriracha.. the shock on the V-10 is a DHX.. the coil is an RCS Ti. I have not swapped them, but I've ridden Kev's V-10 that has a 5th shock, I like the DHX, the bike track the terrain better, and it has a faster rebound. I like my bike springy tho. and yes the VP and the V-10 have the same eye to eye. I just sold my VP free frame. so now I will build another V-10.. lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0