Is the UZZI about to get a revamp?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Is the UZZI about to get a revamp?

I've noticed stock of UZZIs is getting low and the model is a few years old by Intense standards and lacks a few modern brand standards. I'm wondering if anyone has news on a revamp cause I'm considering buying one?

mtbr member
    Huh? They just redesigned it...VPP2, G3 dropouts to adjust geometry, etc...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT
    Huh? They just redesigned it...VPP2, G3 dropouts to adjust geometry, etc...

It was revamped for 2008. That's WAY old for Intense. The SS had all the same features before it's most recent change. Stock is practically nonexistent at every retailer. Leads me to believe a redesign is coming.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    No man, the first Uzzi VP's didn't even reach dealers until last year. It has a 1.5" head tube, G3 dropouts, adjustable suspension, the newest edition of Virtual Pivot point suspension with maintainable pivots, and it has the ever popular hydro formed frame. I don't see this getiing another update for at least another two years.

Stock is down because it is one of, if not the best free-ride bikes on the market right now. So with high demand coupled with the fact that Intense is also getting hit with tons of orders for the newest Tracer VP and the just released and soon to be a majorly popular bike, Tracer 29'er VP, im sure that being such a small company they are finding it hard to keep up with all of the initial orders of the three bikes plus the demand of the new orders to every retailer and dealer.

Im not expert nor do I work for Intense, but that would be my best educated assumption.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Knowing Intense, there are probably two new models to replace the Uzzi that will be launched 4 months apart starting in September.

Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004
    Uzzi is not getting a revamp...just new stickers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    Uzzi is not getting a revamp...just new stickers.
    Maybe that's enough of revamp to call it a new model?
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Knowing Intense, there are probably two new models to replace the Uzzi that will be launched 4 months apart starting in September.
    No doubt! I thought the same about the 951 and now it's already being replaced by the M9 (less than a year?). The Uzzi is hardly all that for a FR bike - wheelbase is too long if you ask me. Even one of their employees told me he preferred the old SS to it when it comes to FR. So... yes, I would guess there could be some revamping done to it soon.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086
    No doubt! I thought the same about the 951 and now it's already being replaced by the M9 (less than a year?). The Uzzi is hardly all that for a FR bike - wheelbase is too long if you ask me. Even one of their employees told me he preferred the old SS to it when it comes to FR. So... yes, I would guess there could be some revamping done to it soon.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    The M9 isn't a replacement for the 951. They will keep both for a while at least. The M9 is the replacement for the M6. The 951 was supposed to be a replacement for the Socom but it morphed into a different bike during the development process.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0