Jan 2005

Smile UW Platteville Time Trials DH, DS, XC

Event name: Platteville Time Trials

Who: Anyone who shows up to register
    What: DH, DS, XC
    Where: Fritz Farm in Platteville, WI
    When: April 22, 23
    Why: Because we love to ride bikes and hope you do too

This is the first ever race put on by the UW Platteville Cycling Club. We have had an XC and DS course running for a few years now. I’m super excited to announce that we are building a DH course and spicing up the DS course as you read this. I hope this will turn out to be an amazing weekend full of riding, racing, music, and camping. All the proceeds from the race will go to the UWP Cycling Club in hopes that we can attend more NORBA nationals and continue to build and maintain our trails. We currently have 50 acres of land and just acquired another 800 acres perfect for extending the existing trail system. We will have prizes for the top finishers donated from various bike companies. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Or for more information, please visit http://www.uwplatt.edu/org/uwpcycling/final_flyer.pdf

Justin “Dorf” Wendorf

P.S. Red Bull will be there and I know how much you guys like them

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorfonbikes
    Event name: Platteville Time Trials

Who: Anyone who shows up to register
    What: DH, DS, XC
    Where: Fritz Farm in Platteville, WI
    When: April 22, 23
    Why: Because we love to ride bikes and hope you do too

This is the first ever race put on by the UW Platteville Cycling Club. We have had an XC and DS course running for a few years now. I’m super excited to announce that we are building a DH course and spicing up the DS course as you read this. I hope this will turn out to be an amazing weekend full of riding, racing, music, and camping. All the proceeds from the race will go to the UWP Cycling Club in hopes that we can attend more NORBA nationals and continue to build and maintain our trails. We currently have 50 acres of land and just acquired another 800 acres perfect for extending the existing trail system. We will have prizes for the top finishers donated from various bike companies. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Or for more information, please visit http://www.uwplatt.edu/org/uwpcycling/final_flyer.pdf

Justin “Dorf” Wendorf

P.S. Red Bull will be there and I know how much you guys like them
    I was just about to post that thread.

mtbr member
    another dh in wi sounds great, i'm in
    more info if you have any would be great also

Riding with...
    damnit i thought it said plattekill
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Isn't the proper etiquette on this forum to wait until he posts a picture of himself dropping it, and then spend 70 posts arguing about how big it is? I mean, let's not jump the gun, without a pic of his bike in the air, we can't have photoshopped triagulations and geometrical equations showing why it's really 2 feet and not 22 feet.
    "Quick, pass the bike up again so i can hit it before it starts to hurt!!"

AIM: Haroracer842

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    ill deffinetly try to make it up, and i should have a Marz 66 by then so i wont be botteming out on every lil bump

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Race update

Here's some more information on the race as we are getting things together.

There will be food provided by SAE club. They will be providing brats, burgers, hot dogs, soda, chips, and possibly subs/sandwiches.

There is also a crude map I drew up showing where the race site is on my Photobucket listing.

DH Fast Facts
    .45 Miles long
    5 Jumps
    8 Foot Roll In
    14 Berms
    218 Feet of Vertical
    Tortoise and Hare Classes (Beginner and Expert)

DS Fast Facts
    4 Foot Roll In
    5 Berms
    15 Jumps

Good Hotels
    https://www.countryinns.com/plattevillewi

Race Flyer
    https://www.uwplatt.edu/org/uwpcycling/

Course Pictures
    https://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/dorfonbikes/

Meh.
    Can I hitch a ride with anybody in Illinois? I'm in Naperville.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Pre-registration

Well boys and girls, we just opened up a pre-registration page for all of you that were interested in doing that. Its pretty simple to use.

1. Fill in all your personal information
    2. Choose all the events and the class you would like to enter
    3. Click register. It will then take you to a page that displays the total that you owe and will have a link to Paypal so you can pay.

We can only accept Paypal at this time for pre-registration.

You can also register on site on the day of your event. We will accept cash and checks on the day of the event.

I will send you a confirmation email within the next 48 hours saying you are good to go for the race.

Please be patient, sometimes the server is a tad slow but it will go through.
    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~wendorf/plat...egistration.py

Later,
    Justin Dorf Wendorf

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

UWP Cycling Club could use a little help

Well it looks like the school is not letting us use our allocated funds to cover race expenditures. So that means all the costs for the race have to come out of club members pockets until we get everyones registration fees collected.

Insurance, porto-poties, and other miscellaneous goods all add up to approximately a whole bunch of money.

So if there are any of you planning on coming that can help us out by preregistering, that would help us out a great deal.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~wendorf/plat...egistration.py

Thanks for your help,
    Dorf

P.S. The race course is looking better and better every day. The DH is finished and we are just putting the finishing touches on the DS course.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    k both the ds and dh courses are completely done including 8ft roll-ins for both. everything is packed down and basically rides amazing. we've hit every jump, and they flow really well. so if anyone wants to come out anytime before the race and ride it, they are welcome. the farm is always open. otherwise i hope to see a lot of people come race day, cuz we have put a whole lot of work into this course, and it is a ton of fun!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    for release forms for the platteville, wi xc, ds and dh race for anyone who wanted to take a look please email me at the link below. and for anyone under 18, please sign and have parent or gardian sign and bring both forms to the race.

[email protected]

Members who have read this thread: 0