Utah riding- Mtbr.com

Thread: Utah riding

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Utah riding

I am going to be up in the Salt Lake valley the first week in June, I wanted to take my bike up to do some riding but I am curious to know if any of the ski resorts up there will be open. I looked at some of the websites for the surrounding areas but did not get alot of help. Anyone know?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    my heck, i sure hope so... we are having another snow storm tonight... then again in couple days. This is maddening.
    May 23 is the first DH race of the Utah series at Sundance... if that is any indication.
    --we are thinking that is rather optimistic given the snowpack.
    quote from Deer Valley website:
    "Open daily June 19, through Labor Day, then weekends only through September 13, conditions permitting. "
    There is plenty of lower level stuff that is fully worthwhile ( bobsled, i-street, Bountiful B, Draper DH, Eagle mtn) -- but not lift assist, if that helps...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Snow Basin

Snow Basin would be good, I think it opens the first weekend of June.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    If DV says June 19th, they won't be open a day earlier. That being said, you can shuttle the lower mountain if you have a coupe of cars (or a nice wife!), or shuttle it with a small uphill using the Park City bus system. By "lower" mountain, I mean the area where NCS, old NORBA, Devo is.

Sundance is the first DH race and is often open earlier than DV. They have one DH run that is pretty fun and is fairly good in the wet (I think).

Good luck with lift-accessed riding at other resorts at that time of year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Snowbird should still be open then if you want to go skiing...

I'd rather be biking...
    I dont know what the deal is with the snow, but down south here brian head got 14" more inches the other night. Its APRIL!

Members who have read this thread: 0