UST Tubeless Kenda Nevegal- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. UST Tubeless Kenda Nevegal

does anyone know why Kenda does not offer a DH UST tubeless Nevegal / Blue Groove tire other than a 2.1?

Don't they realize that they are missing the boat??
    Perhaps they DO exist...and I never knew it?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by freeriderB
    does anyone know why Kenda does not offer a DH UST tubeless Nevegal / Blue Groove tire other than a 2.1?

Don't they realize that they are missing the boat??
    Perhaps they DO exist...and I never knew it?
    Im with ya! Ive checked their site and everything and they dont have one. As soon as they do I will finally convert. I already run UST rims, I just dont trust non UST tires.

El Pollo Diablo
    I'm guessing it's either a matter of time, or they're planning to use a different tread for a dedicated DH UST tire...
    as good as the neve's are, when I think of them, I think more XC and AM than tear-assin down a mountain.

N* Bomber Crew
    Meh, just get yourself some Stan's and you'll be okay I think.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    I e-mailed them about their plans for DH UST tires in early 2006. They responded and stated that, " . . . we are working for a 2.50 and maybe a 2.70, but do not know when we are going to see them."

It'd be nice for some more UST tire options.

toby

mtbr member
    Been running the stock 2.50 on my ust rims with stans for 2 years and works fine.

banned
    I would prefer for Kenda to make tires that are durable before they go for UST. The durability of the tire, especially the sidewall is dismal and the carcass offers poor support for the tube contained within, thus resulting in a lot of flexure.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MBX5
    Been running the stock 2.50 on my ust rims with stans for 2 years and works fine.
    Wire bead or folding bead?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I would prefer for Kenda to make tires that are durable before they go for UST. The durability of the tire, especially the sidewall is dismal and the carcass offers poor support for the tube contained within, thus resulting in a lot of flexure.
    Funny you mention that: Ive only been running my Nevegals for about a month or so and last weekend I look at my front sidewall - a nice little rip in it. Its not bad enough that the tube is protruding or anything, but enough to make me want to slap some rubber cement on it (which I havent done yet) to at least get it band-aided. Hmmmmmmm

Glad to Be Alive
    nevagals are a very stiff tire (at least the one I tried)....very hard to seal the bead....finally got the thing to semi seal and the bead exploded......big PITA......anyway I have run maxxis Minions and rollers non ust and they worked still burbed a little, seaped air.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    nevagals are a very stiff tire (at least the one I tried)....very hard to seal the bead....finally got the thing to semi seal and the bead exploded......big PITA......anyway I have run maxxis Minions and rollers non ust and they worked still burbed a little, seaped air.
    Really? I'm trying to go Tubeless with my Dual Ply 2.5 Nevegals with Stans and it hasn't worked 2 times in a row.

I've been trying to break in my tire a little more and see if it will seal up and inflate. Any suggestions on getting the Nevegals to work?
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Really? I'm trying to go Tubeless with my Dual Ply 2.5 Nevegals with Stans and it hasn't worked 2 times in a row.

I've been trying to break in my tire a little more and see if it will seal up and inflate. Any suggestions on getting the Nevegals to work?
    I've had decent luck converting Kendas. I've done Small Block 8's and a few sets of Blue Grooves.

1. put tire half way on rim
    2. put a generous amount of Stans in (don't skimp here) 1/2-3/4 cup.
    3. push some stans, with your fingers, up around the bead, all the way around the tire
    4. put tire rest of way on rim
    5. inflate with air compressor, make sure bead fully seats
    6. Turn wheel on side, shift around so that stans gets on the bead and sidewall (your tire will likely be bubbling a good bit at the bead in a few spots and one or more pin holes else where in the tire).
    7. Put wheels on bike and ride immediately, riding will help seal things up.
    8. Add air if needed and ride some more.
    9. For a persistent leak, pull wheel back off and let it rest so that the stans runs down an plugs the point of the leak for a few minutes, it should seal.
    10. After a trail ride or two it will usually fully cure and hold air quite well

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    I've had decent luck converting Kendas. I've done Small Block 8's and a few sets of Blue Grooves.

1. put tire half way on rim
    2. put a generous amount of Stans in (don't skimp here) 1/2-3/4 cup.
    3. push some stans, with your fingers, up around the bead, all the way around the tire
    4. put tire rest of way on rim
    5. inflate with air compressor, make sure bead fully seats
    6. Turn wheel on side, shift around so that stans gets on the bead and sidewall (your tire will likely be bubbling a good bit at the bead in a few spots and one or more pin holes else where in the tire).
    7. Put wheels on bike and ride immediately, riding will help seal things up.
    8. Add air if needed and ride some more.
    9. For a persistent leak, pull wheel back off and let it rest so that the stans runs down an plugs the point of the leak for a few minutes, it should seal.
    10. After a trail ride or two it will usually fully cure and hold air quite well
    I do the same and use the Nevegals DH tires 2.5.

Members who have read this thread: 0