Used fork dilemma- Mtbr.com
    Riiiiiide...

Used fork dilemma

For spring i'd like to grab myself a DC fork for the few DH races i would go to and and a few of the rougher trails we have around here. So now i'm debating which fork to get. Either way, its going to be a used one simply because it costs less.
    The 2 forks i'm thinking about are a 2007 888 in combination with an Avy cartridge, or a Boxxer.
    My thinking goes like this.. 888 w/avy = great damping, bombproof.. boxxer = great damping, half kilo less weight.

Suggestions??

mtbr member
    id go 888 with avy.

but that's because i don't get on that well with sealed cartridges.

post 2010 boxxers are naturally set up far too stiff and over dampened, even with minimal clicks, drop stop removed and lightest coil. (still only using 6inch travel despite full rebuild)

where as pre 2010 just are not great at all, plusher then 2010+, but pretty flexy, and not really that trustworth for freeride, no where near as stiff as a 888 (flex wise)

just to add a 40 to the mix (may well be out of your budget?), they are probably the best cartridge fork ive ridden, but still not a patch on openbath imo (thats a 2011 40 proto, built, maintained and tuned my mojo uk)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

Members who have read this thread: 0