Us Nationals Not In Mammoth....moving To???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Us Nationals Not In Mammoth....moving To???

Just saw this on mbaction.com.....
    MAY 1--CHANGE OF VENUE FOR U.S. NATIONALS!
    Because of 30 extra feet of snow this year that can't melt or be cleared in time, the 2006 U.S. Mountain Bike National Championships will not be held at Mammoth
    Click Here For The Story
    the article goes on to say maybe Sonoma or Angel Fire with Vail or Durango as other possiblities.....no dates are mentioned, so maybe the same dates or???

wow and we had the vacation all planned......stay tuned!

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    From what I understand, the dates should stay the same. When I heard the the National was moved to July, I had a feeling there would be too much snow to race. A race at Angel Fire would be really nice. Although, it's really just another blow to the riders who live in Southern California.

I would think that the best solution would be to keep the national in Mammoth and change the date to September, like it has been for the past 2 seasons.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Norba Nationals are in Snowmass, Colorado. August 12-13

Who put that rut there?
    Aug 2004

That's just the finals...

It's not the US National Championships. That date and venue has not been announced yet. Should be posted everywhere in the next week or two.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win you are both retards.

Sedona, Az USA
    YES. AF, Durango or Vail would be hot. Makes since to move the race around alittle bit since it is a NATION event, not a Cali event.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by WWT

I would think that the best solution would be to keep the national in Mammoth and change the date to September, like it has been for the past 2 seasons.
    that and move the mudfest (Sea Otter) to May
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by elohttub
    It's not the US National Championships. That date and venue has not been announced yet. Should be posted everywhere in the next week or two.

oh, my mistake.

i took the wheels home
    USA Cycling won't change the dates of the National Championship from July 20-23. After many years of doing it at the end of the season they finally decided to get in line with the rest of the world and run their national championships the same weekend as everyone else. With them now being scheduled mid-season as opposed to end of season it brings them into better compliance with the UCI and the World Championship team selection process.

Angel Fire would be sweet but there sure are not enough places for everyone to stay down there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    wow, your kidding, this sucks...the national event at mammoth isn't going down this summer?
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

Sedona, Az USA
    Quote Originally Posted by 70-Spokes
    USA Cycling won't change the dates of the National Championship from July 20-23. After many years of doing it at the end of the season they finally decided to get in line with the rest of the world and run their national championships the same weekend as everyone else. With them now being scheduled mid-season as opposed to end of season it brings them into better compliance with the UCI and the World Championship team selection process.
    Angel Fire would be sweet but there sure are not enough places for everyone to stay down there.
    Shoot, plenty of places to stay. they did have a WC race there ya know. I dont believe there would be the kinda turn out they get as they do for the Chile Challenge race every year.

Members who have read this thread: 0