upgrade frame?- Mtbr.com

Thread: upgrade frame?

bP-
    mtbr member
    May 2005

upgrade frame?

Hey,
    I was wondering what you guys thought about this. I have an 04 haro extreme x2 and have broken a swingarm and kinda bent the one i have now. Also about 5 or 6 drop outs have bent and caused a few derailers to get caught in the spokes and break. I already have money saved for a rear shock so do you think it would be worth getting a weyless 67 frame for 220 at supergo and does anyone else riding haro extreme's have the same problem as me? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

crumb
    schwooo!!!
    this is his bike

he actually bent the dropouts again today doing a manual down the street

(yeah i realize its weird hes my avatar but i thought its cool)
    ETBW
    Magura

mtbr member
    You could get that. But why not get one of these...http://www.versuscycles.com/products/blitz/
    Im kinda interested in this company but I've been hesitant so far, I think I'm about to get their DJ frame. I kinda like a frame with hydroformed 7005 aluminum alloy. I know that their Weapon-X frame is really heavy, 14 lbs, but I think this frame is good business for the money, something to look into. JUst watchout for that weyless being flexy. along with never getting CS. Asfar as price though thats not bad.

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    You could get that. But why not get one of these...http://www.versuscycles.com/products/blitz/
    Im kinda interested in this company but I've been hesitant so far, I think I'm about to get their DJ frame. I kinda like a frame with hydroformed 7005 aluminum alloy. I know that their Weapon-X frame is really heavy, 14 lbs, but I think this frame is good business for the money, something to look into. JUst watchout for that weyless being flexy. along with never getting CS. Asfar as price though thats not bad.
    1. He doesnt have 1000 (or even 500 for that matter.)
    2. He likes single pivot
    3. The weyless isnt flexy
    4. He likes the way the weyless rides and it doesnt have weak small droupouts
    5. Youre completley right about customer service

Im only answering for him becuase Im not sure if hes going to respond any time soon so Im trying to keep this thread going for him
    Last edited by saviorself; 06-11-2005 at 06:42 PM.
    ETBW
    Magura

mtbr member
    nice then. I didn't say it was flexy, but the design, like many single pivots, is at risk of being flexy so one should do their homework on a frame like that. I never gave the dropouts a second thougt but is sounds like you ride the 67 so you can say more than I. If you can't afford all that much you could also shop for an 04 stinky frame or something like that. Whatever fits your buget. Do what you gotta do to ride. I would take a beach cruiser up a mountain If I didn't have another bike. If my Bullit breaks I will surely be falling back on my XC bike until I can afford to replace it with something quality. My only reservation about the 67 is having to deal with supergo for service, but if you have a supergo store near you then maybe thats ok and the 67 would be a good buy, what kinda shock are you buying?

No longer riding a haro!
    Aug 2004
    I have an 04' x1. I havent had any problems with the dropouts, even with 10 foot drops. It might have something to do with the fact that I only wiegh 115 pounds....
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much space.

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    nice then. I didn't say it was flexy, but the design, like many single pivots, is at risk of being flexy so one should do their homework on a frame like that. I never gave the dropouts a second thougt but is sounds like you ride the 67 so you can say more than I. If you can't afford all that much you could also shop for an 04 stinky frame or something like that. Whatever fits your buget. Do what you gotta do to ride. I would take a beach cruiser up a mountain If I didn't have another bike. If my Bullit breaks I will surely be falling back on my XC bike until I can afford to replace it with something quality. My only reservation about the 67 is having to deal with supergo for service, but if you have a supergo store near you then maybe thats ok and the 67 would be a good buy, what kinda shock are you buying?
    B get on this so I stop having to answer for you

Swinger 6-way he plans on, which ^coincedentaly^ happens to be the same thing I have

But yeah i got you about the flex with single pivots and I do own a 67. We dont have a supergo near us and its very true that online customer serice people (the ones from the shop are helpful) suck.
    ETBW
    Magura

bP-
    mtbr member
    May 2005
    haha good job james you got all my answers right. That versus frame was cool except i too would be a litttle weary of that company cuz they use adjectives to describe the colors of theyre bike and thats like one of the main specs. Thanks for the help. I think the weyless sounds like the best and i've ridden it too.

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by bP-
    haha good job james you got all my answers right. That versus frame was cool except i too would be a litttle weary of that company cuz they use adjectives to describe the colors of theyre bike and thats like one of the main specs. Thanks for the help. I think the weyless sounds like the best and i've ridden it too.
    youre telling me you wouldnt want Stealth Flat Black?
    come on
    ETBW
    Magura

Soul Cycles
    Jan 2005
    ya the 67 is cool, but u could probably save up a bit more and go for a used frame off pinkbike.