Unbreakable bike on a budget- Mtbr.com
    For Those About To Ride

Unbreakable bike on a budget

I just saved up some money and i am wondering what frame would be good for me. It needs to be a fully, very solid as in not having to worry about it when landing to flat and fairly cheap. I dont care about looks or how it rides, as long as it wont bottom and will hold up. It will be my playing around bike. i am around 90 lb and have a dhi but i have heard that the rear triangle is weak so i dont wana go too big to flat with it.
    Last edited by shook_dh; 08-26-2005 at 07:11 PM.
    no dig no ride...

mtbr member
    Banshee Scream.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff
    I believe that tires wear out faster if the person riding them makes motorcycle noises as part of his or her standard riding behavior. Honest. I know this one guy, never shuts up on rides, always going "braaap-braaaaah" every time there's a corner or a bump. Goes through a tire a month. You do the math.

Hey, I do that. Makes me less nervous on the Downhill and makes my friends feel weird around me. Improved my time.

It does seem to help me forget the suffering on uphills too.... but the tires do wear quicker...

For Those About To Ride
    scream is what i was thinking but its kinda pricy!
    Me too! i allways do it makes me wear out tires but helps me corner and soak up the bumps!
    no dig no ride...

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by shook_dh
    I just saved up some money and i am wondering what frame would be good for me. It needs to be a fully, very solid as in not having to worry about it when landing to flat and fairly cheap. I dont care about looks or how it rides, as long as it wont bottom and will hold up. It will be my playing around bike. i am around 90 lb and have a dhi but i have heard that the rear triangle is weak so i dont wana go too big to flat with it.
    at 90lbs, I would like to see you break your DHI.......
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

the target bike basher
    WOW your small no offense or anything, but yeah i agree with the guy above.... c'mon.. i used to weigh 212 and i would ride my giant warp off 6 to flat and it never broke...... so id like to see ya brake a dhi weighin 90
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Go hit some more two foot plywood jumps in your culdesack on your toys'r'us magma

For Those About To Ride
    keep in mind its an 01 frame
    no dig no ride...

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz
    Thrash the DHI until you break something on it. At 90 lbs, I bet any company will warranty you. Watch out for the wind when going big.
    This election is like a turd in a bag on your porch... whether its a blue bag or a red bag, it's still a turd on your porch.

For Those About To Ride
    i mean drops that are about 5-6 feet too flat. u guys think that the dhi will be fine with those?
    no dig no ride...

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz
    keep in mind its an 01 frame
    I've seen a lot of those with cracks behind the headtube on the downtube... are you the first owner or did you buy used?
    This election is like a turd in a bag on your porch... whether its a blue bag or a red bag, it's still a turd on your porch.

For Those About To Ride
    so do u think the dhi will be fine?
    no dig no ride...

For Those About To Ride
    im not the first owner and im riding a super t and it somes stock with a 888 which is bigger then what i have so i dont think anything will happen to the headtube. and if u guys say its fine before doing it i will move the crowns as far down and they can go without interfiering with the travel
    no dig no ride...

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

I say go for it.

so do u think the dhi will be fine?
    Man, Dave Watson used to thrash that same frame out on the "Mullet line" off of the Red Bull Rampage bands. I'm sure the frame will work for you too. The only bad things I've ever heard of them as far as strength are after a couple years of very hard riding, and that is just the way aluminum is. It will fatigue over time and get weaker, then catastrophically fail, unless you catch it when it cracks. That's why I run CroMo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    why do you insist on landing to flat?

For Those About To Ride
    I dont have anything to a tranny around me.
    no dig no ride...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    If your 90 pounds you need a bike that is as light as possable, you could run ALOT of XC parts and never know the difrence

mtbr member
    Umm... I weigh 160 and I drop 6' to flat on a GT Agressor hardtail....My DHR I can drop off like a 7486376239732 foot cliff I think...