Ultimate park bike?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Ultimate park bike?

What would your pick be? The Intense SS2 looks good, I've heard horror stories about CS. TR250 from Transition looks badass and adjustable. Single ring, single crown and not worried too much about weight. Driver 8 with single crown? SX trail? I'm a clyde that comes up short on the jumps once in awhile. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    cant go wrong with any of the choices..

if your buying new, and worried about CS, get hold of the local shop and see what brand they recommend.

I heart the drops
    Knolly Deliruim, I over shot a huge jump that had destroyed the swingarm pivot on my previous bike, and even though it bottomed out Hard the Knolly didn't crumble. I am 195 ~ 200lbs
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Atomlab Trailking SS? Atomlabs are basically bomb proof

meow meow
    id throw the reign sx/ faith in the mix too.

Slick Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    id throw the reign sx/ faith in the mix too.
    www.trailburn.ca
    2012 Norco Truax 2

smartass
    Of your list, I like the TR250, such a sweet bike.

Check out the Scott Voltage FR as well.

i be lurkin
    kona stinky 2010 model, the 2011 is a trail bike.
    me: "mom dont ride yer brakes "mom: "shut up"

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Think I can get a sweet deal on a Santa Cruz or a Giant. Kona Operators are gone for 2011. SX's are few and far between. Not big on the Voltage. Have to look at Knolly and Atomlab.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Go SX Trail if you want something that will last

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Don't think the Atomlab is for me. Knolly doesn't even list their price, I'm afraid to ask. Relookin' at the top of the line Voltage, like the specs. Others.....?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Flatline park cause it has park in its name of course. Just joking, I would take a TR250 personally but that is me.

Glad to Be Alive
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    You bastard..........never gonna give you up...never gonna somethin'...somethin'!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Double post

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Rode a Flatline when they first came out.....twas a toad!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yo...SMT...you ride an Intense...what's your opinion on their customer service?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have one of the trailking SS, set up 140mm with a coil rear. It's the most fun play bike I've had. It's really nimble and easy to throw around. Extremely stiff as well. The website doesn't really list the toptube correctly. I've had two seasons on mine (with zero isues btw) and I'm 6'0. The ett is really around a 22.5, and with a 65mm stem the cockpit feels great in the air. They might have sale pricing on the 2010 frames, give them a call and find out. Either way, you won't find a better frame at that pricepoint. Ride wise, it takes me very little to go from a sunday with a totem to the ss with a pike. Although different bikes, they have a similar feel when bombing down a hill.

biking is fun
    Delirium would be a great choice if there is any pedaling uphill whatsoever. Even if not its a great bike. It is really lively and stiff and can take abuse. Bit pricey though.

Between your list I would go for the SX trail or TR250. Both would be wicked fun and have about the same travel. The Intense SS2 does look like a blast too but has a bit less travel.

Check out the morewood kaluha (sp?). looks pretty sick too and right along the lines of the tr250 and SS2

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Maestro
    Yo...SMT...you ride an Intense...what's your opinion on their customer service?
    purrrrrrrfect....great guys
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

GAME ON!
    you still think that's funny?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Really diggin' the SS2......anyone else with experience with customer service and Intense?

mtbr member
    Really diggin' the SS2......anyone else with experience with customer service and Intense?
    Yep. I have owned about 10 different Intense bikes. I have only had to use their customer service once. Very good people to deal with. The bike was out of warranty but they hooked me up. It is nice to know that they stand behind their bikes. I have a Socom and an SS2 currently. The SS2 is a GREAT bike!

Legend
    Nov 2004
    I like the SX Trail; I own one, works well, hasn't let me down doing things that it probably shouldn't be doing.

A friend's Glory seems like it would have been great, if it didn't crack at the seatstay-toptube intersection (1/2 season @ whistler, he's about 155) ... he only found out because a friend said his cracked there and, when we checked, his was cracked too. Checked a bunch on the park, all the same thing (sadly, light frame).

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Don't think the Atomlab is for me. Knolly doesn't even list their price, I'm afraid to ask. Relookin' at the top of the line Voltage, like the specs. Others.....?
    Expect to pay about $3200 +/- a few for a new Knolly Delirium frame with a CCDB shock. More for V-tach, and more for Podium...not by leaps and bounds though.

I just bought a gently used 2010 Delirium with a CCDB (non T version) for my park specific bike, and I can't wait to get it out. It's just a beautifully made bike. I'm not too picky with bikes, but I definitely wanted to fork the extra money over for a Knolly.

I have heard stories of their customter service....myth or not...some guy was unhappy with their v-tach due to the cheapo parts that he just put on the $3500 frame...they still tried to help the complainer out with deals on replacement parts, so he wouldn't blame the hate on the frame. I would never ever try to get this service for yourself, but it shows you how proud they are of what they make and the effort they'll put in to make sure that everyone riding their frames is happy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearwhine
    Expect to pay about $3200 +/- a few for a new Knolly Delirium frame with a CCDB shock. More for V-tach, and more for Podium...not by leaps and bounds though.

I just bought a gently used 2010 Delirium with a CCDB (non T version) for my park specific bike, and I can't wait to get it out. It's just a beautifully made bike. I'm not too picky with bikes, but I definitely wanted to fork the extra money over for a Knolly.

I have heard stories of their customter service....myth or not...some guy was unhappy with their v-tach due to the cheapo parts that he just put on the $3500 frame...they still tried to help the complainer out with deals on replacement parts, so he wouldn't blame the hate on the frame. I would never ever try to get this service for yourself, but it shows you how proud they are of what they make and the effort they'll put in to make sure that everyone riding their frames is happy.
    I know this may sound crazy......I just can't justify payin more then 3grand for a frame!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Anyone rockin a Driver 8 with a single crown up front? Worried about a "balanced" feel and the Driver being overkill.

formerly Nomad rdr
    Apr 2010
    Just get a Driver 8 Rich! Would be a great bike after coming off your free. I think a single crown driver 8 would be killer at Winterpark!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I was thinkin' smaller and lighter...........I hate to "settle" for a Driver! I can get a dealio on a Driver, so it's looking pretty good. Tr250 and SS2 both look really sweet!

Pee's in the H8teraid

Another vote 4

SX Trail.
    Love it for Northstar, love it for AM type rides that are 15+ miles long.

mtbr member
    I am a little biased here; Morewood Kalula is THE park bike. All of the bikes you listed are great and you'll have a blast on any of them. I do my best to take care of any problems should they come up with the frames. I will say this, last years Black Mountain United/Morewood WC DH team rode all season on their Morewoods around the world and never had a problem, no link issues, no bearing issues, nothing. Good luck, let us know what you decide!
    bunnyhopbikes.com
    morewoodbikes.com

mtbr member
    Check out the GT Distortion. But that Intense SS looks like it should come with stamps (you know what I'm sayin). I like the adjustablility of the Voltage.
    Somebody better get me a stamp...I'm gonna send it

Members who have read this thread: 0